Need Help to choose a good Home Theatre

Username: Bhagat

Post Number: 1
Hi Folks

i am in Canada & confused what to buy to setup my a new Home Theatre.

Got to setup a home theatre in my family room (16x18') - options are Bose V35 system costing around CA$ 3400/-- or some other brand.

i have a flexible budget but need something good & rocking.

what do you all suggest. I can afford upto 3500/-- worth reciever & 5.1 speakers.

Similarly i have to also get my home Theatre setup in basement with automatic projection screen & projector. what screen & projector do you recommend.

Speakers -- i have to have 7.1 sysytem here so got to choose a good powerful reciever, then should i go for wall mounted front speakers or tower?? my main speakers can be either of these, but the surround speakers have to be ceiling mounted, what do you suggest??

Thanks a lot folks.

Avinash

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 898
Forget the Bose system. Denon, Onkyo or Pioneer receiver. A good Canadien speaker system like Paradigm will fill the bill. If you have room for good floor standing speakers and a sub that is the better way to go. As far as projectors abd automatic screens go we need a budget to get started. A good projector can cost $2500-10,000

Username: Bhagat

Post Number: 2
For my family room, Thanks, i will do my search & work on this suggestion

However for my basement home Theatre --

What is the best option for a Reciever - which model within the range of $1000 to 1500/-- max. I am looking at Panasonic Projector PTAE - 4000. What do you say for this.

For the screen, my budget is just around 1000 to 2000/--Max.

what speakers should i choose as - Main & Centre speakers - tower or ceiling mount & what make/model.

Now for the 4 surround ones - i have to go with ceiling mouted as i have got the cutout in my basement - what make/model shld i go for??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us