Help Needed for Samsung Surround sound

Username: Deejayvu

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung LED UE46C6500 SERIES tv and a Samsung HT-C555 DVD home cinema system
Its only playing dvd's in surround sound through all 5 speakers and sub, but when I watch Sky+ HD or play Xbox 360 its only coming from the front of the surround sound speakers next to the tv unit itself.
Current conections are HDMI from the sky, xbox, dvd to the tv, and then an optical output from tv to the reciever.

Is there anyway, using any method of connections that I can get my xbox and sky to full surround sound
I have gone to option menu's of sky and xbox and turned to 5.1, so its definately not that.
Many thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 867
We see this all the time. Basiclly the optical out on the TV is for the built in ATSC HD tuner in the TV for over the air reception. Anything else. like the way you are using it, will only produce stereo signal hence only you front speakers. This receiver only has one optical in so you have to choice one source or switch the optical everytime you wanrt to switch souces. Optical from the Sky to the receiver and HDMI to the TV, HDMI from Xbox to TV and switch the optical out to receiver for the Xbox . Or get an optical A/B switch for the two sources.

http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-SW100-Digital-Selector-Compatible/dp/B000812QC6
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us