This is a 5.1 5 disc DVD changer surround system. I went to power it off and I shocked it from my finger and after that the LCD display stopped working. I just figured it blew a fuse but I have taken it apart and can't find a fuse anywhere. Can anyone help me locate where the fuse would be if it has one, or tell me how to test the LCD display somehow to know if it is just completely fried? Thank you.
A static shock is approximately 3000 volts! You don't die or feel affects because the current is very low. However, electronics don't handle it well at all. Just the same, there should've been something preventing that shock from harming your system. A fuse probably wouldn't have helped here anyway. Too much current is what blows fuses, not too much voltage. It wouldn't have even noticed that static shock.
If you are interested in upgrading to something that will last longer, sound better, and not be so vulnerable to static shock, let me know what you'd be willing to spend and your room size and I can give you some suggestions.