Budget HDMI HT: Sony HTSS380 or Onkyo HTX-22HDX or Other or Custom?

Username: Kwanbis

Post Number: 1
I know that some would probably cry at the notion of a ~250 HT system, but that is the amount I can spend at this moment, and I have a projector without sound.

I used to have a Sony HT-SS2300 which I had it connected to a HTPC and an XBOX 360 through HDMI.

The SS2300 would in turn connect to a video projector, also through HDMI, working not only as a HT, but as a A/V swith, which is very convenient.

Now I need to replicate the same setup:
* Custom made HTPC wiht HDMI output.
* XBOX 360 with HDMI output.
* Optoma GT700 projector.

So far, I have only been able to find the Onkyo HTX-22HDX Ultra-Compact HD Home Theater System, which is 2.1 upgradeable to 5.1, and the Sony HTSS380 which is 5.1. Both with 3 passthrough HDMI ports.

So my question is, which of the two should I get? The Sony HTSS380 or the Onkyo HTX-22HDX (with the option to make it 5.1 later)? Is there a better HTIB for about $250? Is there a better option for a custom made system? (only speakers/amplifier, as I do not need DVD/BluRay, and it can be 2.1 upgradeable to 5.1 later).

Thanks!

EDIT: If is really worth it, I can even try to extend to $300, but really pushing it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15926
Did you make a decision?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts