Matching Center Channel for Athena WS Series

Username: Jtull79

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a problem I think and was hoping someone might be able to assist. I just got a Pioneer Elite VSX-21 and I want to move to a 7.1 speaker setup. About a year and a half ago, I bought a pair of Athena WS-100 (left/right channels) and a pair of Athena WS-15 (rear channels). I got these when CompUSA was going out of business for about $250 for all 4. The problem is that they didn't have any of the Athena WS-60 center channels. I have been looking for the past week or so to try and find a WS-60 to complete the set and can't seem to find anyone still selling them. I am currently running a crappy Jensen Center Channel and really want to replace it. Also, currently connected to my system is a nice but not great sony sub, but I am not sure of the model number.

I understand how important having matching speaker is to overall sound quality, so hear are my question:

1. If I can't find a WS-60, would a newer model of Athena Center Channels (such as the LS-C50B or LS-C100) be a good match because it is from the same manufactuer, or because of differences in model, could it not be an acoustic match? If they would be a good match, has anyone listened to the LS-C50B or LS-C100 and would recommend either?

2. If neither of those center channels from Athena would be a good match, can anyone suggest a different manufactuer's center channel that would match my system well?

3. If no center channels would be a good match to my current speakers, would I be best servered to get a whole new set and if so, can anyone recommend one that will give me the most bang for my buck. I don't really have a set budget but I am a bargin shopper and want to get awesome value for my money.

Looks like I can still find WS-15's for the side surround speakers to complete the set.

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read and possibly respond to this. If any further info is needed, please let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

Jerem Tull

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 61
how about another single athena

if not any decent center thats neutral will do

mission,,
psb paradigm
theaudioguy.ca
vince
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here