Recommendations on a HTIB system

Username: Bradsobo

Post Number: 1
I'm planning on purchasing a HTIB system. I have a TV w/ component inputs, as well as a PS2 and GameCube that I'd like to hook up via component inputs and optical audio cables as well. I've been looking mainly at the Panasonic SCHT900 HTIB, but given my proposed setup, are there any other systems out there that anyone would reccommend.

My price range is less than $500, but ideally I'd like to stay around the $400 mark if I could.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 13
I guess you need the speaker set with DVD player, eh? If you're willing to go 'separate', I made a post a bit ago at the 'home theater>receivers' area about the Logitech z680 speaker system. Add a nice progressive scan DVD player, and you may come out under 500! It's a great little system that's small on space.

Blue123
Unregistered guest
Onkyo HT-S760 or 770

Username: Daddyrabbit

Post Number: 3
I agree with Blue123.

From user reviews I've read while shopping myself the HT-760/770 have recieved rave "consumer" reviews.

The 760 and 770 are very similar with the differences being 770 = 130w ch. vs. 100w ch. The 770 sub is 220w vs. 150w, and the 770 has Dolby Prologic IIx vs. the 760s Prologic II. From prices I've seen the 770 = $499 and the 760 = $449. (shopping around may save some money but the 770 seems to be stuck at the $499 range)

wuddup
Unregistered guest
770 is $449 w/ free shipping at JR.com

edster922
Unregistered guest
I just saw a refurb 760 for $229 SHIPPED at eCost.com; is refurb pretty safe in your opinion?

It's_me
Unregistered guest
Look closer, That doesnt include shipping.$140 to ship.

jkc
Unregistered guest
Are the surround speakers the same in the 770 as the 760. The 30 watt increase is only for the receiver, I assume. What about the speakers or do they not matter?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us