Durabrand Questions

Username: Nikkisixx126

Post Number: 1
Hi all out there! I just purchased a Home Theatre system from Wal-Mart. It is the system without the dvd player. I have a question. I can hear it when I play my dvd's but am unable to figure out how I can listen to regular tv and have surround sound. Can I do this? Also I will add that I use a modulator to have my dvd player. My tv is too old and doesn't have the outputs on it. If I can do this...would anyone be willing to tell me how to set it up? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~Thanks in Advance~
Nikki

Username: Jigo

Post Number: 2
Nikki, I think the only way to hear your TV's normal channel programs is to upgrade your TV. Get one that has an A/V output jacks. I got mine for less than $180 at BestBuy.

No one but an anonymous
Unregistered guest
Do you have a VCR? All VCR's (should) have audio outputs, run your Antenna or Cable thru the VCR and plug your HTS into the VCR. Turn your VCR to whatever station you want to hear over the HTS. This is what I do.

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Durabrand home theater system with out the DVD player.
Does anyone know what the device code is so that I can program my remote that I already have instead of having to have a remote just for the surround sound? HELP
Thanks, Christie

Unregistered guest
nikki,you're alot like i was,too late for today's tech.
A new TV is deffinatly in order

captainhook22007
Unregistered guest
who manufactures durabrand?

Unregistered guest
Hi Everyone,
I just purchased the HTS without the DVD player. I cannot figure out how to hook up the TV and cable box to it. I get great sound on the dvd, and my tv is a toshiba 30 inch, around 10 years old. It has the AV jacks on the rear of the set. I also have comcast digital cable, which is a shame because I can't enjoy the surround sound. Help!

Username: Integsys

captainhook, durabrand is made by Funai. They make Sylvania, Emerson, Durabrand, Symphonic, and Funai.

I also have a question - does anyone know how to get rid of the awful humming? Whenever the system kicks in, I get this anoying hum from the subwoofer. Tried changing power connections, but no use.

Username: Jigo

Post Number: 6
I hear a humming sound too from my unit but it's not from the subwoofer. It is from the box itself and it sounds like a small blower or fan. It doesnt concern me at all since I don't hear it when I'm watching my movies or my favorite TV channels.

Judy
Unregistered guest
Thank you captainhook and Paul Ranyak. I just purchased a Durabrand portable DVD player. So far, so good. I have never had a problem with any of the other brands and therefore feel more at ease with my decision.

Unregistered guest
Just bought Durabrand Home Theater/DVD player
Very cheap one. Can I get it to play cd-r discs?
If so how?
Thanks,
Karen

fondy442
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HTS/DVD player. There's an option in the audio setup that lets you choose between RAW and PCM. The manual doesn't say much about this option. Anyone know what this is for?

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 14
From what I understand, RAW should be chosen to utilize the 5.1 speaker setup; if you plan to use only 2-channel sound, select PCM. I could be wrong, but this site discusses a bit about it:
http://www.nerd-out.com/darrenk/500W/connection.htm

Anonymous

Hi,
I am about to purchase a Durabrand Portable dvd player, PVS1960. The one with the 2 6.2inch screens. Does anybody know if this is a good brand to buy at $278 at Walmart?

dn
Unregistered guest
I surfed the web for over an hour trying to get info on the Durabrand Portable dvd player, PVS1960. All I came up with is a review at www.videohelp.com.

Anonymous

Does anyone know if you can hook up a gameboy advance or advance SP to the Durabrand portable DVD player PVS1960? It says you can hook up PS 2 etc. but the adapter that comes with the unit does not work on a gameboy. Hoping I can purchase some type of adaptor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Contact this guy (email at bottom of the page).
http://pages.prodigy.net/tan.ax/GBAConsole/gbaconsole.htm
It looks like he would have a good answer for you. I'm still looking, though...

Unregistered guest
I been searching around for DURABrand ..this is what I found.
It is manufactured by Alco Electronics.
If you look in the tiny right corner of most of the boxes the units come in you will see the word Venturer.. You can find out more from thier website at www.Venturer.com or WWW.alco.com.hk
hope this helps!

SingingLizzie
Unregistered guest
Were you able to determine if you can hook up a Gameboy to the Durabrand mobile dvd? Would appreciate knowing this as well. I did check out the 2 above links, but neither site addresses this question. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I found a few things recently. This product connects an outside source TO the gba (where gba acts as a monitor):

http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_65&products_id=373

...but you probably are asking if the gba's audio and video can be output to your mobile dvd player, yes? If so, these products (especially the first one) seem relatively easy to install, and can give you what you need: a/v output from the gba to a tv, monitor, mobile dvd, etc.:

http://www.eagb.net/advance/hr25.html

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=45&products_id=2747&

I hope this helps!

Anonymous

hey i just bought a durabrand portable dvd player with two screens. but i haven't used it yet but i don't know if i have to plug it into the car or if i can watch it anywhere.please help!

Unregistered guest
Help - have a Durabrand surround sound w/dvd/vcr and stereo - we cannot get the vcr screen for viewing - we can hear it but nothing comes on the screen. It worked when we originally purchased it at Christmas, now it does not. Any suggestions to fix the problem? I have a 9 year old boy who may have pushed a wrong button. Let me know please if anyone can help. Thank you!

Unregistered guest
how do i get the sound from my tv to go through the surround sound. the dvds work fine but not the tv. please help.

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Durabrand 5 DVD-CD player with Karaoke (only plays DVD Karaoke disks, lol). I like the machine except it turns off sometimes while watching DVDs, usually in the same place on the DVD. I thought it was a flaw in the player and took it back to Walmart. Now the new player is doing the same thing. My question is what about the disc (it's a new disk with no scratches) would cause the players to turn off like that?

Also, if anyone has a way to make these players play CD+G discs (regular ole karaoke discs) I would love to know how. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone with the Durabrand PVS1960 dual screen DVD player know if it can play SVCDs ?

Elmo Glick
Unregistered guest
I just got a PVS 1966. It will not play VCDs or SVCDs.

Robbie
Unregistered guest
Hey everyone.
I bought the HTS w/o DVD player and everything works fine except i am barely getting any sound at all from any of my speakers except the right left one. Some one please help!!!

DMG
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how long the rechargeable battery that comes with the PVS 1966 Dual Screen Portable DVD player is supposed to last. It took me 2 1/2 hours to charge it and it only lasted for 1 hr. 15 min. I cant see how that can be right. It didn't even last the length of the movie. I need it to last at least 3 hrs.

laverne
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a durabrand 20 inch tv about 5 days ago and today it won't come on. The red light is on but there is no sound or picture. Is this tv a bad brand or what?

Heather
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the 2 6.5 inch screens on the portable dvd player are cordless and do they work as they say they do?

Unregistered guest
laverne, I also have the same problem. the power is on to the base of my portable dvd player, but i also get no sould or picture. Can anytone help me??!?

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement remote for a Durabrand HT-400 Remote? (Home Theatre system no DVD player)

Unregistered guest
i HAVE JUST PURCHASED A WMS7100 CD CHANGER LIKE THE OPERATIONN BUT FIND THE CONTROLER CABLE TOO SHORT COULD YOU FURNISH AN EXTENION FOR A FEE.
6ft or longer
register18@cox.net

Anonymous

I have a portable DVD player for my van and all of a sudden it isn't working. It isn't turning on or anything. The standby light used to be on even when the player wasn't but now it's not. Is it the cord or the player? What do you think?

MartyB
Unregistered guest
I bought a 19" Durabrand TV at Walmart. It does not work with my digital cable box. How do find out the code? I have contacted my cable company and they do not show a listing for this brand of tv. I have checked the Funai website (they make the tv) to no avail.

Help

Unregistered guest
I have bought a PVS 1966 about two months ago. The battery lasts us about one movie, ive never had it cut short of a movie like a previous poster. However I now have to try and get it replaced as it developed a problem. Yesterday it worked find, today the DVD will not spin at all. Anyone know how to fix this, as their support seems to be a runaround.

Diana
Unregistered guest
Hi,
I purchased a durabrand 20" T.V. for my daughter 4 years ago. She recently lost the remote control. Bad news from Wal-Mart, they do not sell durabrand remotes, because they do not purchase extra remotes for their TV's. They also informed me that the universal remote controls do not work with durabrand. If this is the case, why purchase a durabrand?????

Anonymous

I have a Durabrand HTS without DVD player what would be the correct way to connect it to my dvd player, vcr, and Direct TV sat. receiver? Any info. would be appreciated .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
My guess would be the usual: for audio from dvd to your hts, you would most likely connect using either optical cable or digital coax cable. Some examples:
http://store.a2zcable.com/audio-digital-audio-cables-digital-optical.html

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2017&sku=40008

From vcr to hts, since vhs tapes don't deal with digital audio, you could run standard rca-type (red/white) audio cables to connect the units.

Your sat. box may have digital audio capabilities, so you could use either the optical or digital coax to connect to your hts receiver, depending on what audio outputs you have on your sat. box.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Username: E_lite_snipes

Hey i am in need of the schematics for a durabrand tv modle dbtv 2500 any help in finding one would be appreciated

Unregistered guest
ook guys heres one 4 u to answer.i have the durabrand ht-395 hts and it WILL NOT play from my tv,but it will play from my stereo and playstation.please help my wife will kill me if i cant get her soaps to come thru in surround sound

Unregistered guest
We too have the HTS and DVD player by Durabrand on a one year old Emerson Flat Screen. The HTS works ONLY with the PS2 and the DVDs - we can't get it to work on anything else. HELP?!?

I see that http://www.funai-corp.com/ manufactures Durabrand, Funai, Emerson and Symphonic. Seeing that we have new Emerson and Symphonic TVs, I would think they would be compatible.

Really sucks to have 900+ channels and nothing come through surround sound!

Username: Djboogie

Bhm, Al US

ok guys, if youre looking for a cheapo 5.1 (and
YES there are some decent ones!!) DONT get the durabrand, I got one for my small "mess around in" room, I was actually impressed by the build of it, very strong, sturdy, screwed not rivetted etc, (all except the retarded circuilt board, unshielded from the metal casing sitting on the dvd mounting) but a month later, the fan stops, then everything stops, no amp, no dvd, nothing (although the display works) having checked it out, many parts were failing to register voltages after I xamined them. note to mention, very cheapo components, of course what do you expect for the money, well, probably a little more than a month!!
if you want a cheap 5.1 system, I URGE you to get the apex ht150, got one on ebay for $94 shipped, it sounds better than the durabrand (but of course nowhere near to my bose in my living room) but hey $94?? and a very good sound for the price. Its pretty basic, but it does the job the durabrand did, and apex are actually getting a good reputation now for reliability.
btw ignore the arseheads that say" dont bother with cheapo crap" gotta tell ya, most of the so called "cheapo crap" these days, sounds better than a lot of the so called "not cheapo crap" years ago. Shame the build quality isnt always there. Mind you the apex ht150 is very good value, and highly recommended to those with a small budget.
But I would avoid the durabrand!

Anonymous

i have lost the remote for my durabrand vcr. can anyone help with the code for a universal. walmart are no help. i dont understand why they stock durabrand as after you have bought this particular brand you are on your own. please someone....help...

Anonymous

I just bought a durabrand dual screen portable dvd player on ebay, but noticed after purchasing that seller was only selling one screen. Anybody know where I can purchase a second screen.

alerz
Unregistered guest
I just bought a duraband 20" TV, there are 2 speakers in front but only one of them(the left speaker) is working. Is the right one actually a "fake" speaker, or is there something wrong with my TV?

Anonymous

i bought tv durabrand and i am looking for code to program the universal remote to the tv and i can't find the code .
the rca model number is RCU340D

Venturer
Unregistered guest
QUESTION: "I just bought a durabrand dual screen portable dvd player on ebay, but noticed after purchasing that seller was only selling one screen. Anybody know where I can purchase a second screen."

ANSWER: You can purchase accessories for the Durabrand PVS1960 or PVS1966 at http://www.18002526123.com

Unregistered guest
HELP!!!! I just recently bought a Durabrand Portable DVD player model # 1700 off Ebay. It did not come with a remote. Does anyony know where I can find a replacement? I tried one of the links I found here, the Venturer web site, but they didnt list my particular model. I clicked other and there was a remote offered but I didnt see a pic, and am not sure if it would even work for mine. Dont want to waste money on one that may not work! Any help here would be nice. Thanks........

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I bought a Durabrand PVS 1966 whilst in Washington but have recently been posted to Australia. Big problem, Australia is Region 4. Does anyone know of a hack to make the PVS 1966 region free?
Thanks

help please
Unregistered guest
i just bought a durabrand portable dvd player
dur-1700. i was wondering if you could hook a playstation 2 up to this or not. thanks for the input.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Stan, just found a post from "N. Segi" about editing the region info on your Durabrand:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/18198.html
Hope this helps...

Anonymous

Boought HTS W/O DVD HT3915. Trying to hook up Playstation2. Can hear but no picture? Tried everything, any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I am having a region problem with my durabrand portable dvd player. (DUR-1500) It will play some dvd's but others it will not. All these DVDs are region 1, which is what my dvd player is, but I don't know why it will play some and not others. This is a recent problem, one of my dvds used to play on it, but now it says it is not formatted for my player, did I do something wrong? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Anonymous

can anyone tell me if the duraband dvd1000 can be set to region free?

Unregistered guest
Has anyone else had problems with Durabrand CD-R's? I burn a program and it stays good for maybe 1 use if that.

Unregistered guest
I have had a Durabrand Dual LCD portable dvd player for about 3 months now, and the other day, it was running just fine and all of a sudden cut off for no reason at all. I have tried a different ac adapter as well as a dc adapter and they both show power to the unit, but the unit wont turn on. It won't flicker off and on or anything, (because I thought it might just have a bad connection.) Any one know of any suggestions? My kids are going crazy with out it and I dont want to buy a new one if I can figure out what is wrong with it. Looking for any help at all. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
We bought the Durabrand Dual portable dvd player back in July, it's been working great, however all of a sudden the screens won't come on. the dvd is spinning, the power is on, however neither screen will do anything at all. What could be the problem. Please help!

Cindylynne
Unregistered guest
We were able to program our Duraband tv to a universal remote by using emerson codes. Hope this helps everyone

Unregistered guest
I have a duraband 20' TV with an audio and video output. I am now about to buy a DVD player. can all DVD players be hooked to Duraband TV or should i go for some specific one.

Unregistered guest
i need to know where i can get a remote for the home surround sound system

Smokin_Joe
Unregistered guest
Thank You Cindylynne. Lost my Durabrand remote during a move and the nice 27" tv dont wanna work without it.

Littlehelp
Unregistered guest
When looking for codes for Durabrand try using Funai, Sylviania, Emerson, Symphonic codes. I just purchased a 27" Durabrand TV and it for the RCA Universal DirecTV remote it used the Symphonic code.

Dragun1
Unregistered guest
I Have A Durabrand Portable 1960 DVD Player, I want to Use the screens with my in dash DVD player. Does anyone know where to get a cable that will allow this. The din Cable has 9pins and it needs to go to RCA.
PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
We have a durabrand universal remote control but are unable to find the code. Is there any way that you can help us? My boyfriend has disregarded the book by mistake therefore we are flying in the dark. Please let us know.

iamruger
Unregistered guest
What is the difference between a pvs 1960 and a pvs 1966 dual screen dvd?

Narnia Voyager
Unregistered guest
Check this site out for your questions and missing remotes for durabrand, audiophase, audiovox, kawasaki, klh, and venturer.

http://www.18002526123.com/

Anonymous

I saw the Durabrand 1966 at walmart. If I ordered just the second screen monitor would it have the necessary inputs for me to use it as a small video monitor with a tv tuner or vcr?

KK's Mom
Unregistered guest
I have read all the questions about the Durabrand 1960 dual screen portable dvd player -- but what are the answers? Is it worth the money? Is it reliable? Thanks for any input!

brian rob ny
Unregistered guest
i have the durabrand pvs 1966 dual screen dvd player . when i have the second screen on in the car a high pitched noise comes from the unit. does anyone else have this problem?

Unregistered guest
My parents bought a Durabrand HT-395 Sourround Sound System and the REMOTE fell in some soda, so it doesnt work anymore. And I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get another one, or if there was a code that I can put into a universal remote that will work??? Anyone?? Please...::: contact me w/the information at (xyana420x@msn.com) with the subject: Durabrand HT-395
thank you...

Unregistered guest
does any one know where to get parts for the HT-400 i needa part for the inside of it ...its a transistor i have looked at places like digi key and mouser and also dial elec. but i have found nothing if u want ot get rid of you bad recevers let me know ill pay or take then off your hands thx james

Unregistered guest
I AM TRYING TO GET ANOTHER SCREEN TO ATTACH TO THE ONE THAT I HAVE IN ORDER TO HAVE TWO. I HAVE THE VENTURER PVS177G.

Username: Gary777

I have the Durabrand DVD with surround sound. I get "frozen frames" which sometimes stick for a long 30-40 seconds, on a fairly regular basis. Most of the movies I watch are rented from Blockbuster.

Is this typical of this player, or is it more likely that there is something wrong with the particular player I bought? This seldom happened during the first few months.

Or, is it because of Blockbuster rentals (as was sometimes the case with VHS tapes)?

dlilchpr
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a Duraband 19" TV. The remote that came with the TV does'nt work. Any button I press on the remote justs makes 111 appear my screen, I need an address to return the remote to you. Thank you.

Nevamind
Unregistered guest
Home theater from Walmart? Are you people nuts? Durabrand is the cheapest chinese crap you could ever buy. My tv speakers probably sound better than those things. Go to bestbuy and pick up some Athena Audition Series Speakers, then head on over to Circuit City and grab an Onkyo reciever... For less than a grand you will have an astonishing system that you can actually be proud (not embarassed to own)...

Durabrand... LOL... For crying out loud, the good Monster brand speaker cable cost more than your whole system!!!

Unregistered guest
Another HELP. Just bought a Durabrand DUR-1700 portable DVD player, with the intention of plugging it into the A/V input jacks of my bedroom TV (Sony). The 1700 works fine on its own, but when I plug it into the TV, the audio comes across, but the video is nothing but a black and white horizontal 'roll'. It's briefly mentioned in the Troubleshooting part of the owners guide (says to 'change the type of TV'), but I have no idea what they are talking about. Ideas ? Thanks !!

Bethy
Unregistered guest
I have a portable duraband that I got for christmas DUR-1700...How long does it have to charge before you can use it...mine has worked for a little while but now I have charged it forever and it wont let me do anything??????

Bronze Member
Username: Kbk

I think Durabrand products are manufactured by the same company that makes Regent, Lenoxx Electronics: www.lenoxx.com

Unregistered guest
nikki villyajust go to wal-mart and get one we already
got one today so if you think then go and get one. okya
i just looked at internat so i thought i can help
you if you think that you would like this idia
thanks and also if you have a question and just ask
please thanks.
from - vishakha dave

Anonymous

i just got a venturer 7" widescreen portable dvd player pvs 177g anyone know wut for mpeg it reads?

Unregistered guest
hi, i just got a durabrand ht-400 surround sound system but i dont happen to have the remote. i tried one of those universal remotes but the one i have didnt seem to work. as well all online reaseach ive done wont lead me to a remote for the ht-400 (no dvd player)

if someone would be so kind as to leave me a link to a remote that they know would work for that system i would really appreciate it. thanks

Unregistered guest
I bought a digital clock/cd player/radio but I cant figure out how to make the cd start over atomaticly

Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP! i just want to know if a Durabrand 5.1 Surround sound system from walmart will work on my t.v.! I got all the A/V inputs but i just need to know. Also will it play t.v. sound or just dvd sound?

Unregistered guest
Hey all... I have a durabrand tv ... and a venturer 5 disc cd changer and I have a jensen universal remote. I tried the emerson, funai, sylvania and the symphonic codes and cannot get any of them to work. If anyone else by chance anyones knows of any other codes... it would so much appreciated ! Cheers all

Grady
Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand portable dvd player, the one with the 2 screens. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to hook a seperate monitor to the dvd player instead of the ones that come with it. I'm wondering cause I just purchased a head mounted display system and I want to use it with the dvd player on trips. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. I also need to know what in the world type of ports are these for the screens. I at first thought that they were S-video but S-video doesn't transmit sound. and this does. so anyway please Help

Unregistered guest
alerz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 03:18 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just bought a duraband 20" TV, there are 2 speakers in front but only one of them(the left speaker) is working. Is the right one actually a "fake" speaker, or is there something wrong with my TV?
-------------------------------------------------

I just bought the same tv yesterday. goto the audio settings and put your "Balance" to 0.

Balance distributes the sound to each speaker, you're most likely on -50 right now.

Anonymous

I am about to purchase a 27" duraband tv from walmart is this tv really worth it was the lowest price tv in that size. I am still debating to get it and to use my unversial remote control for my dvd and vcr. please give suggestions about this purchase

skschauberger
Unregistered guest
I have a portable DVD Player (Dur-1500) that needs to be fixed. Does anyone know where I can get it fixed?

Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT-395 DIGITAL HOME THEATER SYSTEM hooked up to my computer system. It quit working last night. I don't know if it is the Durabrand unit, the computer, or the cable between tne two. I can't get sound from the cd player or from the internet. Any solutions?

Anonymous

Have ordered the Durabrand HT-395. I see that some of the posts refer to a problem w/TV sound play. I ordered so as to connect coaxial & optical from DVD and a cable box (cable box has both). Wonder if the refered problems of no TV sound were from a coaxial and/or optical connections to the HT-395 decoder unit? I ordered this unit specifically for the direct digital connections to the decoder unit so as to have digital 5.1 vs. anolog 5.1 through speakers. This unit is without a DVD, just a decoder unit w/speakers & subwoofer.

Could someone tell me if this is a problem with all their HT-395's or just incorrect connections?

Unregistered guest
I purchased the Durabrand HT-3915 Home Theater in a Box from Wal-Mart. It is excellent for a "small room or an apartment". For the money it is impressive and easy to hook up. I am using it for my VCR, TV and DVD, all seem to work fine with no problems.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
To the one that is having the problem with their computer, first off what type of soundcard do you have? Be sure that if you are not using the spdif approach that you place the provided cable in your analog out from your soundcard...

Unregistered guest
Hi.. I bought a Durabrand 5-DVD/CD player with Karaoke. Model. Venturer SVP580, but It is a region 1... What can I do to unlock the region and be able to play any DVD?... I wonder If anyone has the code?

Unregistered guest
i have a druabrand pvs1960 since last father's day and it just stop showing on the screens and the don't turn on but when i hook it up to the tv it sounds but it doesn't show i need help

Username: Sissy

I need to know all the connecters and adapters I need to hook my durabrand surround sound ht-400 to a DVD player and TV.

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to change region 4 a dvd player durabrand dur-1700.i really need some help :-( thank you

Username: Dooley

Riverdale, Ga U s a

need ac adapter 133-010901-000 for rechargeable battery pack modle rcbp-02 7.4 2500ma li-lon for dvd durabrand portable player pvs 125a manufactured august 2004 bought from walmart for christmas 2004. need ac adapter asap to use with dvd player. thank you for your service.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I just purchased a Durabrand Home Theater system and I have a problem. I cannot get sound out of the top connection (right front). I know it is not the speaker because I can plug the speaker into the left front connection and get sound. I can hear that the speaker has power but there is no sound. I have already returned one system for the same problem and I find it hard to believe I got two faulty systems. Please help.

Anonymous

To Sterl the Pearl...what model Home Theater? They have several, all w/different connections.

anonyms
Unregistered guest
How can they get away with saying the Durabrand HT-3915 is 5.1 Surround Sound when all the inputs are only stereo? Did I miss something in the manual for the HT-3915?

Anonymous

The 3915 only routes stero sound to five speakers(+subwoofer). I made the same mistake. Purchased the Duabrand 395 from Techforless.com for $31. It comes w/a Dolby 5.1 decoder unit that in turn connects the 5 speakers & subwoofer. Has connects for coaxial & optical. I'll give the 3915 to my son, he won't notice the difference!

Unregistered guest
Does anybody know where I can get good customer support for my Durabrand stereo?

Username: Djdongjia

I recently bought a Durabrand 5 DVD-CD player with Karaoke (only plays DVD Karaoke disks) can someone tell me if it can play vcd also??? how

Username: Djdongjia

I recently bought a Durabrand 5 DVD-CD player with Karaoke at wal-mart, does anyone know if it is can play vcd also, how??? if not, which one has Vcd Dvd and Karaoke ???
Janet

Anonymous

Can anyone give me programming instructions for vcr using Durabrand remote

Alfrado
Unregistered guest
I Love my Durabrand TV 20" but the rwmote was chewed up by my dog. i have went to Wal-mart and they said get a universal remote so i looked on the back of the all 4-one remote and it say Durabrand so i buy it and try and try but it does not work so i take it back to wal-mart not only do i take it back but i open up some of the other remotes and they do not work but i try them on the other tv and they work just fine so i call for the manger of the ELC. and they open up a box and give me a number to call 1-800-461-8890 EXT: 3100 but they do not have it in stock at this time it cost like $20.00 to get one when they get it in stock so i hope they get one so i can watch my DVD's. but the people at this number i called said that no other remote will work with the durabrand tv but the one that comes with it..alot of mad people at durabrand and i am one too i will never get a durabrand ever. good luck you all.

Big Mo
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a Durabrand 7 inch portable dvd player. I need the a replacement power cord, both parts. Any ideas where I can get one?

Grr
Unregistered guest
Man i just bought a durabrand HT-395 to use on my dvd player and computer, i lose the little control that comes with it and now only 1 speaker is playing i am so mad i tryed to buy a universal remote and it doesnt have a code for my ht 395, i am so mad i will never buy a durabrand ever aggain horrible service
<marquee>GRR</marquee>

The Roman
Unregistered guest
for everyone with a Durbrand TV with a Caomcast remote: turn the TV on, hold TV n the remote until all the buttons blink, and while TV is blinking, press power. Now press UP (above the OK button) 41 times. Tedious, I know, but I just counted how many times I did. http://www.comcastnw.com/customer_service%2Bsupport/video/manuals/remotes/us_electronics_uf4200c_manual.pdf details how to do this more in depth, but now my TV is programmed.

molly123
Unregistered guest
Are Durabrand TV's made in a Malaysain sweat shop?

cseely72
Unregistered guest
i bought a durabrand pvs6600 does anyone know can u hook a tv tuner up to it i seen the GoTo TV tuner adapters will they work on it or do i need something different all together

Unregistered guest
I bought my son a Durabrand t.v. model #DU1901 for Christmas....the remote control stopped working one day...and then for some wierd reason, started working again....Now, weeks later, it quit working again..and I haven't been able to get it to work since.....any rocket scientists or brain surgons out there who can help?....it'd be greatly appreciated!!...thanx!

daisy
Unregistered guest
hubby just bought a durabrand ht-395 system, but it had no remote. does anyone know where we can find one, have been searching the net this morn with no luck

bulldogtown
Unregistered guest
Hey meeya!

Thanks for the Alco info! I was having no luck finding a Durabrand website and no luck finding a dc adapter. Went to the site and they sell them for $3.50!!!!!

Nick Padovani
Unregistered guest
Durabrand is made by venturuer, inc, who also makes audiovox and a couple other brands

Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT-3915; It works well enough for my bedroom, (TV/DVD/DVR) however recently, the remote completely stopped working. It has not been sumerged into any liquids, the batteries have been changed, its in one piece, but it still doesn't work. Is this a common problem, and is there anyway to get a replacement?

SickSick6
Unregistered guest
I recently received a (used) Durabrand CMV-102A car stereo as a gift. However, I'm having some trouble installing it into my 1992 Ford Ranger. I can't even get it to turn on. Nothing I try seems to work. Is there anyone here who could tell me how to install it, or possibly direct me to a page or site with an online tutorial that I might be able to use?
Your help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me through the following:

Thank you much.

Username: Rsk83

Sunset, UT United States

i Just bought me a Durabrand 5 disk dvd player model svp580 i bought it used and it did not come with a remote is there any way i can get a replacemetn remote or get a code to use a universial remote with it?

shovelhead-
Unregistered guest
If anyone needs help with DURAbrand products e-mail me at bran2007@gmail.com

Unregistered guest
I am thinking of purchasing the Durabrand STS98. I was wondering if i can get some REAL review, not any "bought" reviews

Ashli
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand DUR1700 portable DVD player, and I have seemed to have left my AC Adapter in the hotel i stayed at recently. I called the hotel and they said they couldn't get it back to me. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one? (btw, the car charger says that i CAN NOT charge my battery with it)

Unregistered guest
I tried to read all the posts but it took to long to find what i was looking for. I was trying to get my Durabrand DU1901 tv to work with my cable controller. I have a cablevision Scientific antlantica if i am not mistaken. Many of you stated that Durabrand doesn't have codes for the controllers...but since durabrand is made from the same people as sylvania and emerson..i tried one of their codes...and it worked. I used the emerson 096 one on my cable remote and now i can work the cable/tv off one remote. Thank you paul ranyak for showing me who made durabrand.

Tammy
Unregistered guest
Just bought Duraband HT3915. It works great through my cable box but can't get it to work through my VCR. I do have a combo TV/VCR does this make a difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 31
Tammy you need to Run the Audio Out from your TV/VCR combo into either the DVD, AUX, or GAME audio input on your durabrand:

Upload

Ashli
Unregistered guest
I still don't have an AC adapter for my Durabrand DUR1700. Does anyone know where i can purchase a new one? PLEASE HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 36
www.Lenoxx.com , the makers of durabrand, dont admit to making your product.

However if you need a powersupply, look at the specs plate on the back of the unit.

get the voltage, amperage (in MA), and the current type (ac/dc)

then head down to radio shack or www.radioshack.com and buy a power supply that matches the voltages and current type, and equals or exceeds the apmerage rating

Sedera Sue
Unregistered guest
Hello Everyone.... I need a remote for my crappy HT-395 Durabrand Surround sound. Where can I find one or is there a universal remote that will work? OR...Does anyone have one for sale? I have searchedthe web high and low with no hopes.. Thanks in advance

Username: Rsk83

Sunset, UT United States

have u tried ebay?

W5CEU
Unregistered guest
I need the part # for IC-503 board location on a dura brand HT-395. I think it's a TDA7265 but it has a huge hole blown in the side.Thanks!!!

W5CEU
Unregistered guest
I need the part # for IC-503 board location on a dura brand HT-395. I think it's a TDA7265 but it has a huge hole blown in the side.Just be nice and remove the cover off yours and look at the large chip looking thing on the right side of the 3 chips screwed to the heat sink it will be ink stamped in small writing on the black part "????725" .Thanks!!!

Username: Dabarter

I need the full UPC code from the box for a Durabrand DUR1700 portable DVD player. My daughter was given this as a gift when we were out of town, we unpacked it and threw the box away and then discovered the item was defective. Could ship back to the company but if we have the UPC code we can simply return to Walmart. Can anyone help???

Unregistered guest
how do i reset my channels on a durabrand tv from walmart

Anonymous

The v-chip in my tv was accidentally activated somehow(Durabrand DU1901)and I was hoping that somebody knew something that could help me.I lost the manual and I can't watch ANYTHING at all except for kids shows, and it's driving me insane!Is there maybe a reset code for it or something?Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. My email is rabbitsilvermoon@msn.com

Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand sts98r and i need to change the regions. does anybody have the codes or the way to overwrite it

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 38
point it at your head and press delete

mabolinger
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a code for a durabrand tv that will work with a driect tv remote control?

Username: Gerarda

Liverpool, Merseyside England

Post Number: 3
i have recently bought a durabrand dvd900 and would like to set this to multi region as it will not play american dvd's can anyone help.

Steve Prowse
Unregistered guest
Hi Gerard, just got back from ASDA with DVD900 and googled for the code to do just that. Go to http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=176&Thread=491171&Type=1
and you'll be fine. Worked for me!

Unregistered guest
hi can anyone help i have just purchased a durabrand ptv 7017 tv i have tuned all chanels into tv ,the tv works fine but when i try to tune video in to tv i get all chanels exepy sky .

Pegsueks
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a Durabrand 20 inch tv last night and took it back this afternoon. The tv is slow to turn on (because you have to wait - you don't know if it came on or not.) and then you have the remote. The remote only lets you plug in channels 2 through 9. If you want double digits or even triple, you have to select the -/-- and hurry and input your double or triple digits. Else it will just go to the single digit. (for example if you type in 27... it'll go to channel 7).

I am happy with my new Sony tv however. No complaints.

When I called to see if a universal remote would fix the remote problem, I was told by Hiser Corporation (the number in the book is to them) that universal remotes are not suppose to work with Durabrand. Hmmmm wonder why it says it will on the back of the universal remotes? Oh well

whine whine whine
Unregistered guest
buy junk get screwed

freeballn83
Unregistered guest
I bought the audio system and everything work fine but the remote. It seems to eat through batteries. I change them and 5 minutes later it stops working. I have no clue why. I guess like the original post, buy junk get screwed.

diamond
Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand at Walmart and the remotes on the tv sucks. But thanks to someone else writing in gave me a couple different codes to use, the universal 4 remote that I bought works.
The code that I used is symphonic and now the new remote is good as new.

diamond
Unregistered guest
I have 2 Durabrand tv's one for each kid and both of the remotes suck I have bought a couple different remotes for these tv's and they don't work. And the people at Walmart don't help at all when they say yes these remotes work for that brand. And come to find out that it doesn't work. But thanks to that person that wrote in and gave a couple different names to try. I went out and bought a Universal 4 remote. The name that I used was symphonic and now the remotes work like new thanks again a mother that doesn't have time to sit down and look for things like this but I did. I hope it helps someone else.

Unregistered guest
We are seeing snow on the picture of our 19" Durabrand TV all the time and we can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on what can be done about this problem? Thanks for the help.

not jokeing
Unregistered guest
i need to know how to play nintendo 64 on a dur-1700 its more important that you think it is a matter of life or deth im am mot kidding please help

not jokeing
Unregistered guest
i need to know how to play nintendo 64 on a dur-1700 its more important that you think it is a matter of life or deth im am mot kidding please help

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 168
Does your DUR-1700 portable DVD player have video inputs?

Check your instruction manual for more details. - Reinhart

MrNoThump
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand HT3915 HTS and have lost the sub woofer. Has anyone ran into this problem?

Unregistered guest
HI, RECEIVED A VENTURER DVD/VCR HOME THEATER FOR MY 30 YEARS ON THE JOB. lOVE THE SYSTEM BUT RECENTLY DVD PLAYER STARTS SHOWING NO DISK ON SCREEN EVEN THOUGH THERE IS DISK IN THE PLAYER. IF THE MACHINE IS NO LONGER ANY GOOD WHERE CAN I BUY THE SAME PLAYER SO I CAN CONTINUE TO USE MY SPEAKERS. I REALLY LOVE THIS MACHINE AND IT HAS SENTIMENTAL VALUE ALSO. PLEASE HELP.

Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand DUR1700 and lost my owners manual. Can I hook this up to Playstation II?

Username: Untouchablecat

Post Number: 3
I just bought a durabrand HT3916 system. does anyone know what wattage or ohms. each speaker is.

hank a ramus
Unregistered guest
just purchased the mobile dual monitor dvd player and it came with a game playing pad, where do you get the games that work with it thanks

kingloudy
Unregistered guest
i have a durabrand tv some how some of my channels got deleted, how do i add my channels back on the tv? ......... thank you

Unregistered guest
Hi there,
i just bought the duraband dvd home theater system, i was wondering if it is possible to hook up my playstation2 so i can play games in surround sound, i cant seem to figure it out, i have front and rear audio in/out on my tv, i can only hear the surround sound when i play dvds, i want the tv and ps2 to work on surround sound as well..help! any ideas??? thnx!

Unregistered guest
MY SON HAS A DURABRAND TV AND RECENTLY BROKE HIS REMOTE TO THE TV.NOW SOMEHOW HIS TV SCREEN IS STUCK ON A BLANK SCREEN WITH THE WORD VIDEO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN AND WE CAN NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE TV MANUALLY.IS THERE SOMETHING I AM NOT DOING RIGHT?OR DO WE NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW REMOTE AND IF SO WHERE DO BUY ONE? THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Unregistered guest
Need the manual to reset V-chip for Durabrand 19 inch model number DU1901. Anything you can give me on directions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Email me at haskellsaplenty@aol.com

redbone818
Unregistered guest
I also need the manual to reset the V-chip for my DU1901. If anyone has any info please email me at redbone818@yahoo.com

Username: Skratkatt

Plaistow, New Hampshire USA

I am looking to buy both adapters for the port. dvd i bought for my daugher. I'm still searching. Any ideas?

you are dumb
Unregistered guest
dont be an a s s hole dont buy walmart s h i t and expect it to work

Commonsense
Unregistered guest
Wal-Mart = Low prices
Low Prices = Low quality
Low quality = cheap
cheap = junk

get the picture? Think of Wal-Mart for Toilet Paper and Underroos not Stereo Equipment.

Besides Wal-Mart has sold America to the Chinese right under our noses. They close down our manufacturing plants and replace them with Wal-Marts for us to work and shop at. What happens next? Check your labels, cheap bastids.

smarterthanU
Unregistered guest
Dang man. you know i really thought that i could find some useful info for a remote code 4 my Durabrand ht-3916. Instead I find A BUNCH of people who obviously need to learn how to read thier directions that come with these things.
First Off:
The basics :
1)Connect according to like colors(DUHHH!!!)
2)If your TV does NOT have An AUDIO OUT Then you are most likely Screwed. That is unless you decide to take a peak At the back of your cable box and tap directly into your audio there. Don't forget to connect at BOTH ENDS stupid!!!!
3) If you don't use that option cuz your too poor 4 cable (than how the hell are you reading this now? Leave the Library and get a job' man!!), use your old otherwise worthless VCR as a go between 4 your cablebox and TV provided you spent an extra BANK-BREAKING $15 and bought the hi-fi with yellow, red, and white RCA plugs. If Not Take Your BUTTOCKS to Radio Shack And Get A "coaxial to composite Conveter"......Actually scath that. just tell you cable company you want a newer box with active Composite A/V jacks and/or go buy a modern TV you Schmucks!!
After accomplishing this(by reading where the "in" and the "out" are on your device and connecting accordingly) you "might" need to actually turn on your VCR. But not Always.
Now if you have any more questions go and slap your mom and ask her why she had to smoke crack and give birth to such an imbecile.

tellitlikeitis
Unregistered guest
You all talk about not purchasing Durabrand products and how cheap it is etc.... Well my question to you is what are you doing here? There are alot of people that can not afford more than Wal-Mart prices. Only a low life would give anyone a hard time because of that. Then I see this person who thinks he or she is funny by being an a-s-s and making one of him or herself. I think that you need to grow up. If you want to act like little kids you might want to stick with the chat rooms.

M. Truman
Unregistered guest
I see what you are saying but from what it looks like, people here bought Durabrand with their hard-earned money because that's all they could afford and now they are screwed because it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
Besides, in the long run how long do you think this durabrand stuff is gonna last before they have to replace it? If it's less than 3 years they could have bought a system that last them 6 or more for the same amount of money.

In my experience I've never seen anything good that's cheap and anything cheap that's good. That's telling it like it is.

shortcut
Unregistered guest
Here's one for you tellitlikeitis: Copied from another post from someone that couldn't afford it and got screwed. Even though it's not a HTiB, it's still durabrand and reflects their level of quality and standards.

"I just got the durabrand deep fryer from Walmart and after 1 use, it stopped working. I will be returning it to Walmart and I won't purchase the durabrand name again.
I also wanted to comment to "consumer and seller"
and the "durabrandstyle"retard, that I have 6 kids and don't always have the money to save up and buy top quality items. Durabrand sucks, period. If you don't like that comment, too bad, I'll bend over and you can kiss my white @ss.
It's our (the complainers) money that is being spent and no matter what the brand, IT SHOULD WORK or they shouldn't sell it.
Lastly, if you don't want to hear people whining, about products YOU like, then leave the f'ing board."

I think she said it best with "IT SHOULD WORK or they shouldn't sell it"

Unregistered guest
My neighbor owns a durabrand tv, and there are times when you switch channels or shut the tv off the channel wont have any sound. In order to restore sound to that channel, you have to turn it off and on unitl it has sound. What is wrong with this tv and can it be fixed? If anyone knows the answer to this please email me at gwarner02@yahoo.com

shortcut
Unregistered guest
For part of the problem, please see all previous posts.

That aside, have your neighbor take it to a TV repairman. However, you may find that it's cheaper to replace than fix it.

Unregistered guest
I have just bought a Venturer PVS1977 dual portable dvd player and have color trouble. The color on the main screen is pale. The color on the second screen is so colorful. I coudn't change the color because there is no color option to make changes. Would you help me? Or I will give it back. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I jsut bought a 27" Durabrand tv, and I was wondering if it has HD ( high definition)

Unregistered guest
I just bought a 27" Durabrand tv on Thanksgiving Day, and I was wondering if it has HD ( high definition). Does it?

Anonymous

Durabrand combi P1430D tv/dvd.
I have a problem whereby dvd player keeps showing "wrong disc". tried all region settings.
Audio CD`s play fine. any advice please

Username: Jobivins30

I bought a Durabrand 20" TV at christmas time. I just recently rearranged my son's room and now I cannot get the stupid thing to work. It tells me there is no signal. It won't pick up channels. Can someone help me?

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a durabrand DUR-1700, 7" portable dvd player. I lost my in wall adapter. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Thank you. Could you write me at tomashviktor@hotmail.com

Xtulpeta
Unregistered guest
Gee, all these problems with Durabrand, who would have thought.

And Lily Chrissy - why don't you read the friggin manual to see if it has HD or not.

First off you bought it at Walmart. If it did it would say 'HD' all over the box like Christmas wrapping paper. Plus, I doubt it does whether you bought it on Thanksgiving Day or not.

God, has the internet made everybody too stupid and lazy to read a manual?

redbone818
Unregistered guest
to reset a v-chip for a DU 1901 press and homd the volume down(-) key on the television and press 1 on the remote at the same time until the tv turns off once the television turns off the v-chip is reset

dano104
Unregistered guest
To be technical. Durabrand is Wal-Mart's brand name. There are at least 15 different manufactures creating products under the durabrand name. For tv's alone there are 4 different manufactures.

dano104
Unregistered guest
Customer service for all the Durabrand Televisions ( not dvd players, not combo units not home theater systems ) just plain jane tv's that start off with the letters DU..... ( model number that is ) 800-289-0980.

Username: Oneactmatters

In order to reset the v-chip password on my 13" durabrand television, i had to do the following:
press the volume down button on the front of the tv, continue holding the button down after the volume is down all the way, while pressing the "0" on the remote control, this will bring up a menu, with v-chip flashing, release the buttons on the tv and the remote when the menu appears. then press enter, and follow the prompts to set a new passcode.

Username: Bigbird1967uk

ReadingUnited Kingdom

Hi, I hope somebody here will be able to help me! I've inherited a Durabrand TV/DVD (DCT-1492-S) with no user guide...is there anywhere I can download a pdf? Many thanks :-)

Username: Anom6789

Arizona United States

"Hi, I hope somebody here will be able to help me! I've inherited a Durabrand TV/DVD (DCT-1492-S) with no user guide...is there anywhere I can download a pdf? Many thanks"

I would try contacting Funai since they make a majority of the Durabrand TVs.

IMO, the only thing worth purchasing from Durabrand is their audio equipment, DVD players, and VCRs, which are made by Lenoxx which is a decent company. Funai and Alco aren't too hot.

Username: Emeraldbay

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
I have a Durabrand TV and I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach my dvd player to it, can anyone help?

Username: Just_another_dummy

For all the people who need codes on universal remotes, there is usually a feature that will search the codes for you. It may take some time, but you really don't (usually) need the actual code.

Username: Moreno_bello

i need to know thr codes for multiregion for Durabrand STS98R.

You can help me?

Username: Cert

Thinking of buying a durabrand suround sound HT3916 or 3917 whats the diffrence and can i hook them up to my TV and DvD any info helpful.

Username: Ewtn2000

Homepage for Durabrand

http://www.lenoxx.com/2005/products.htm

Username: Triest

I inherited a Durabrand HT-395 DHTS, but the user manual did not come with it. I have played around with the equalizer settings (of course I can't figure out how to keep those settings), but can't figure out how many different settings there are and what they do (hallway sound, theater sound, etc...). Any help would be appreciated

Username: Speedytweety

Ocala, Florida Usa

I bought a durabrand tv in feb 2006 in may 2006 i got up one day and tryed to turn it on nothing ,mind you i had only threw the reicept out one week before. well they wont fix it with out a reciept and it sat in my living room untill yesterday(8-14-06)when i was going to put it in the shed but desided to plug it back in and see what happend well it started to work again so i put it back upon the shelf well it worked all yesterday and last night but today nothing agian ... does any one have a clue whats going on with it or how i may fix it with out paying an arm and a leg ??( and yes i tryed turning it on with the button from the tv and the remote still nothing)(and before every one says you get what you pay for i am not rich and it was all i could get for that price)

Username: Dvd900s_wanted

hello, anyone with a durabrand dvd-900 in england who wants to sell it please contact me at dan-gleeballs@hotmail.co.uk, i need 10 for a project i have got planned and so far im 7 short, any help would be great

thanks all

dan

Username: Prssvicky

ok here is my problem: my dvd/homethetre does not work w/ my tv. they are bth durabrand, my dvd works on every other tv but this one... and is a 29' new one.. the start image seems to get frozen... the dvd keeps loaing with no other response... sometimes it does say invalid disk, even though i know it would play in my others dvd players... i know is a hard case but can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Jimb0babe01

London

HELP!!does anyone know the code to unlock a Durabrand AD980BD DVD player, or where i can find it please?

Username: Jayboid99

After trying every universal code in the book finally found it. My duraband works with remote control code # 720. This is a code for Emerson made by the same company

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_home_theater

Margaritaville, Florida USA

i have listened to these at walmart while waiting for my wife. and i cannot understand why anyone would buy these. they are horrible. maybe because they cant afford better , i dont know but if that were the case what about rent to own there not the best but defenitly better than wally.im not trying to offend any one, just an observation.

Username: Robynet55

Ploiesti, Prahova Romania

I have a DURABRAND DVS 7200 Home Theater System... but i don't have it remote and i can't turn it on from it's stand-by
Can somebody help me to find something to solve this problem?
a universal remote controller code... or anything else ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us