Two problems with souround sound system

Username: Tablewicked

Post Number: 1
Hello to all, this is my first post here. This seams like a great place for some info. Ok here we go, I bought a Sony HT-DDW760 Home Theater System around a week ago and it is all set up. I have it hooked up to my Philips-dvd727 with a Monster THX Coax Cable; the speaker wire is also Monster THX. Ok the first problem is, during a movie if there is a high pitched scream or noise of some sort the center speaker makes a cracking sound, (I love horror movies so you can see why this is a problem) and the other problem is when I watch a DVD a few time during the movie the sound will cut out during the playback for a half a second, this cutting out does not happen on all my movies and this has also never happened during those movies when I didn't have the system.

Thanks a lot for reading, and thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous

Sounds like you need to turn the volume down.

You paid like $250, right?

Cheap HTB = Cheap Sound

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 27
Two things also came to mind, but just to make sure:
Center speaker might be defective. If this 'cracking' sound happens with any type of media during playback, maybe you should return the set for a new one, replace the speaker, etc. if possible.
With the sound cutting out here and there: I'm wondering if your connection from DVD to Sony HTS is bad (i.e.: bad cable, loose connection). You could try going with a new cable or a different type of connection...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us