Headphone Jack/Media Switch for LCD Monitor

Username: Mbdman

Belmont, CA United States

Post Number: 1
I would like a Media Center/Switch that would support Blue Ray (PS3), VHS, DVD with one HDMI connection to the LCD Monitor. I would love a Headphone Jack that would cut off the TV Sound.
Any Such animals....?

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1153
Greetings William,

Sounds as though you are describing an Audio/Video receiver to me!

Post Number: 2
OOPS, I replied before I read. Yes this is probably what I'm thinking of. Would an Audio/Video receiver control (remote) all the devices mentioned..? If so is there a type or brand I should be researching..?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1154
There will be a remote to switch between all of the inputs (external devices eg. CD Player, PS3, VHS, etc.). Some of the brand names are Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha, Marantz among others. There are also speaker sets to consider and I would suggest a trip to an electronics store to start you education. Best Buy could be a good place to start but don't buy there quite yet, get background information and move along to any other store in your area to get the whole picture!

Is this your very first time into all of this? I am curious as to what is controlling all of these devices now? Your TV?

Post Number: 3
First, as a Developer I belong to a myriad of forums, you response has been exemplary. Much Success to you...

I had a Toshiba CRT (nice unit) that had all the connections and a Headphone Jack, the DirecTV Remote did all the dirty work.

Moving up to HD the Toshiba got replaced with a Proscan LCD. The inputs don't work as they should. The only audio input that works allows on device, DVD, VHS, Etc.. That audio will play no matter what is on the screen. Neither the DirecTV remote or the Proscan remote gives me complete control (like before). The audio/video receiver seems like a good solution...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
And MUCH better sound as well!!! From my point of view that is as important as the Video!!!

Thanks for the compliment!

I hope to hear back from you with questions like, "I loved the sound of xxxx but also really loved the sound of yyy, what do you all think?"

Til then, happy shopping!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us