Xbox + Logitech X-530 Help plz

Anonymous

hey all...i just got this speaker set for x-mas and i need some help connecting it up to my xbox because the adapter i need is nowhere to be found. this set has 3 "headphone" like jacks...a green, orange, black. green for the front 2 speakers, orange for the rear 2, and black is center front and sub. in the instruction manual it says i need a "video game adapter" to hook it up to the xbox, but i cant find it...is there any other ways?

sammie05
Unregistered guest
Wow I have the EXACT same problem, I got it for christmas too, and its pissin me off that I cant find that adapter... someone help us!

Help me please
Unregistered guest
Ok mate i am having the exact same problem
but no-one is replying to your posts so it not lookin good seein as i hav no idea how to fix it

seth ellsworth
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem. Just ordered these for my PS2, but can't find the adapter anywhere.

me-getting-mad-cause-of-no-suround
Unregistered guest
if your sound sytem doesnt support dolby digital decoding then suround wont work on your xbox's. i had the same problem, so i took my logitech x 620 back and am getting a new one with decoding tech.

Anonymous

just go to logitech.com, then go to products then speakers then clickk on all. a game adapter should be at the bottom of the page.

Anonymous

just go to logitech.com, then go to products then speakers then clickk on all. a game adapter should be at the bottom of the page.

Unregistered guest
hey i got x-530 speakers but i can't use all of them on mi pc(it comes with 5 speaker a front right and left, a rear right and left, and a center)is there any way i could make all of the speakers wrk ?

woodyr
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, google led me here because I too am wanting to hook up a 5.1 system to my xbox, and I found this:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CH/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=100 50

Unregistered guest
DARN....THOUGHT I FINALLY FOUND DAT VIDEO GAME ADAPTER.WELL I DID..THANKS TO U GUYS :-).NOW I KNOE HOW IT LOOKS LIKE. JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO BUY IT...I REALIZE ITS FROM SWITZERLAND. DAT MEANS I CNA'T BUY IT..COZ I'M FROM D U.S. I TRIED AND IT WON'T LET ME. IT'S RITE ON MA FACE YET STILL TOO FAR AWAY TO GETTIN ONE. ANYONE KNOE WUR I CAN GET ONE IN THE UNITED STATES????????????????????

Hughe Jass
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to find out if the Logitech gaming adapter actually enables surround sound for the PS2. I noticed that there are a ton of people like me looking for this same product. Logitech has a price of $4.99...I've seen them for $15-30 on ebay and a few small electronics sites.

If not, then your local Radio Shack should have a ton of adapters that can support the speakers. Hopefully this will help you guys out.

Hughe Jass
Unregistered guest
I got one from Shentech.com for 15 bucks. cost me 22 with shipping. I haven't actually hooked it up yet, so I can't say if it supports surround sound as I hoped it would

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

This is the right logitech link in U.S.:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2236,CONTENTID=100 36

The issue is that I don't believe this would enable 5.1 as it converts the 1/8 mini to 2 rca and rca is not 5.1 It would just probably put sound for all speakers but it wont provide 5.1 decoding.

Anonymous

my dvd player and gamecube output surround through 2 rca outs - would this translate into surround sound through the adapter, anyone know?

RishiBoy
Unregistered guest
Oh my LORD.. I love you guys.. I've been searching the net for days and days and finally found that adapter. Thanks again!

Anonymous

u guys are unbelieveable i thought i would never find this piece but thanx to u guys i just purchased it

Umer Pasha
Unregistered guest
Sorry to bust the bubble but I HAVE to tell u that this will not give you true 5.1 experience. Your best bet would be to get an optical wire and digital speakers.

cantthinkofanything
Unregistered guest
So why doesn't that adapter come with the speakers like it says it does. I think its a gyp that they make u pay for it seperately, and now i have to pay shipping too.

aznboy
Unregistered guest
i have one speaker that doesn't work god dammnit and its pissing me off... everythings put in properly i have the right audio card... but it still wont work...
help please

Umer Pasha
Unregistered guest
aznboy, First of all, try connecting the broken speaker solo with another device and see if there is any sound. 2nd step would be to open up the broken speaker and see if wires are connected properly. Try fiddling with the wires to see if you get any sound out. 3rd would be to check if there is any current in the wires while connected (using a multimeter)

Username: Whirredup

Miami, FL US

Post Number: 1
Guys... they sell them @ amazon.com and @ cnet.

here are the links:

AMAZON:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006U3ACY

CNET:
http://shopper.cnet.com/Logitech_5_1_Game_Console_Adapter_audio_adapter/4014-785 5_9-31475291.html

if anything just search for "Logitech 5.1 Game Console Adapter" in Google and it'll pop up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us