Why is only the center speaker working???

Username: Barry25

Post Number: 1
I have a Curtis 5.1 surround sound w/subwoofer hooking into a rca dvd recorder and a hitashi hd tv. sound only comes from the center speaker. any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 404
Make sure your surround receiver is set up to output sound to all the speakers. Otherwise, it's probably a little thing you overlooked, which is usually the cause.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12093
How is the DVD player connected tot he surround sound?
Analog?Optical?Digital?

Be a little more specific.

Did you read the manual?

Post Number: 2
it is an analog cord that is connecting to the dvd player. my problem is that there is 2 wires coming out of the dvd player, and i need 6 to plug into the sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12122
You need a DVD player that has 5.1 analog outputs.

Where is the manual?

Post Number: 3
the manual is no help. all it is a picture of the back of the sub with lines going to it. but the lines all connect so it is difficult to read. plus this is a curtis brand we are talking about.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12123
That figures as much :-(

I'm afraid there is really nothing more you can do to improve on it or make it work unless you you start doing "Y" splitters.

Are they even color coded so you can at least differentiate between the channels?

Post Number: 4
they are color coded for the speakers, but all the other connections are white and red. there is 5 outputs for the speakers and 6 inputs for the dvd sound. when i have the 2 lines(1 red and 1 white) plugged into the sub woofer, i get sound from 2 speakers. when i change the plugs and i get sound from the 2 other speakers. i do think that it is the dvd player and not having enough ports to plug in. but thats just me.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12187
What Curtis model is it?

Post Number: 5
The model is htib1000 Curtis 5.1 channel speaker system.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12188
Well then that verifies that. You need to have a DVD player that has 5.1 analog outputs.

Just using the Left and Right analog outputs of the player is not going to do you any good.

Post Number: 6
I was hoping that i would be able to get it to work by rigging it some way, i guess i will have to go get a 5.1 dvd player. thanks for all your help, it was great.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12203
I would suggest not getting a new DVD player. Save the money for a nicer set of speakers and a decent receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us