I've bought a Denon AVR 1507 should I worry?

Username: Cazzacorf

NewcastleUK

Post Number: 1
I've actually got a different question, but I read the thread on the Denon 3300 and now I'm a bit concerned, as I have bought it cos it sounded a good deal, even though it was more than we wanted to spend. The question I would like to ask is, as I've spent all the money on the receiver can I get away with using our four Kenwood Hifi speakers and the two TV speaker to begin with? Also should my priority be a centre channel or a sub woofer when I get more cash? Our room is very similar to the kinds of set up other people have been asking advice about, TV in corner and no room for manouver.
Thanks in advance, Caroline.

Bronze Member
Username: Kiefer02

Post Number: 13
I just bought, the AVR 1507, have yet to use it yet. The centre Channel, si always an important part of your system.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11977
Caroline,
Why are you concerned? What is it about the Denon that concerns you?

You can get away with almost any speakers in your set-up. You only have to worry if the impedance load of your speaker cannot be handled by your receiver. Usually a concern if the speaker impedance is 4 Ohms.

The important thing is the unit sounds good to you and that it works for the purpose you intended.

Needing a subwoofer is again dependent on the situation. If your speakers are capable of decent bass, then look at getting a center channel first.

Username: Cazzacorf

NewcastleUK

Post Number: 2
Many thanks for quick replies, I will post again when I actually receive my receiver and set it up. I'm sure I'll need more advice!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us