Pc as home theater speakers

Username: Spro

Post Number: 1
I wonder if someone can hel me either with a solution or education. My current home theater configuration is a conglomeration of the typical components. I recently purchased a LCD projector and a pc with the intentions of consolidating these items and reducing the clutter. Here's my question. I have the MSI K9VGM DDR2 Motherboard on my pc. It has 8 channel audio output. I would like to connect my speakers directly into my computer. I have the speakers that are currently connected to my reciever and I want to use them. Are they the proper ohms for the computer? What adapters are available for me to transfer the 3mm plug (eg one 3mm port is for front speakers left and right, can I split them and build a wire to connect each to a speaker? Will I still have indivdual control over each speaker or just the pair?) I need guidance. I hope my only solution is not to plug the computer into the reciever, I want to move it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Spawn_2_extreme

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 14
if you want to connect your speakers from your receiver to your computer, you have 3 options. You can use a coax cable, if ur mobo supports spdif, second option is fibre optic (usually square shaped) and the third option is you get a converter that plugs into the green whole of your computer and outputs 2 female rca wires. (the red and white)

If you still don't understand check this link it has pictures on what you need and the options you have. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/259.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us