Pioneer vs. Kenwood

Anonymous
I am looking at getting a Home Theater Receiver. I have a DVD player but I am in the market for a receiver. The two receivers I am looking at are the Pioneer VSX-D412 and the Kenwood VR-705-S. The two are about equal in specs and price at Best Buy. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice which would be the better buy.
Thanks

Username: Iceberg

Post Number: 5
If i would pick between the two i will take the Pioneer. I really like the way pioneers sound. How much are you going to spend? did you look at other models in the same price range? Denons maybe?

Anonymous

I just purchaesde the Pioner VSX-D412 @ Circuit City For $149.00 Jan. 04, 2004 and i love it. Sound is great, set-up a breeze. Have it hooked up with a DVD-VCR combo, and 31"RCA TV with A/V. Along with 5-speaker system. Used Monster speaker cable and also purchased the Pioneer 3 speaker set for $71.00 so far it all sounds great.

thecraft
Unregistered guest
Pioneer

Don't ask why, they just kick a**.

j
Unregistered guest
neither try the Onkyo HT-S760 for $499 or the Yamaha HTIB for the same price.

Silver Member
Username: Gdawg

Canada

Post Number: 104
Anon,

Dont buy from Circuit City or Best Buy, shop off the internet, you will find WAY better deals.

For Example, the THX Certified Kenwood VR-6070 available from ecost.com for 195$. I would recomond this for your setup. Much Much better than either the 412 or 705-s.

I have used this receiver myself and that is why I recomend it to a person seeking a low budget HT System.

Link:http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecce/shop/detail.asp?dpno=149556

Note: If you want to spend less, then there is a VR-6060 available from the same website for 129$.

Have Fun Searching!

G.DawG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us