PARADIGM QUESTION

Username: Eros_992

West Hills, California USA

Post Number: 1
I want a 5.1 paradigm system. I have a budget which brings me to my question. My local dealer is pricing the studio v.3 lower to make way for the v.4's. I am a music 2/3 and video 1/3 guy. I am considering the following system (all v.3):

Front's: studio 20's
Center : cc470
Rears : adp170's
Sub : PS1000

Here is my concern. Am I blowing it getting the ADP170's instead of the adp470 rears at about twice the price? Is the system I am considering a decent fit? This will probably be powered by a Yamaha 2500

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11652
You can't go wrong with the Paradigms, newer version or not.

Post Number: 2
So you don't think the adp170's are going to be a big issue re "seemlessness" in surround with the larger studio 20's and cc470 (center)?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11662
It will certainly do well for the surround job and will integrate well even with the bigger mains.

Bronze Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 39
The ADP170 is still going to be matched up to the studio20. You may hear a difference if you intentionally listen for it, but it wont be that severe.

The timbre and pitch will still be correct, but there may be some resonance in the enclosure and the bass response will not be as deep, but as I said, you will have to listen for this if you arent trying to.

This is still a great surround speaker, and does its job well.

If you needed to cut the cost in a specific speaker but wanted to keep the timbre correct, that was the proper one to do it with IMHO, especially being that music is your forte.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
and the v.4 is significantly better than the v.3 studio series to my ears. The tweeters are significantly smoother and sweeter sounding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
not saying that the v.3 is a bad speaker, but I prefer the v.4. I would audition the v.4 and find out what you prefer if you can

apologise for the multiple posts

Post Number: 3
Berny and Gavin: Thank you so much for your input on this!!! When I finally get set up and burn them in, I'll give you folks a follow up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11740
Did you get the Paradigms yet:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us