Center Speaker Location Questions / Ideas

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 34
Hello Again,

I need to re-open an issue I raised a couple months ago when I included a picture of my current HT setup asking for your opinions on where I could possibly relocate my "eye-sore" Paradigm CC570 Center Speaker.

Just to refresh your memory.. My Plasma is mounted above the fireplace / mantel and there was not enough space to put this large center speaker either above or below the Plasma. So... I have this great sounding "eye sore" sitting on the hearth elevated by a 28 inch Paradigm Speaker Stand. The sound is great, but everyone who comes into the room says, 'Good thing you don't have a wife..".

I considered many ideas. (1)Eliminate the center Speaker completely, but I felt this would significantly deteriorate my sound; (2) use the Plasma Speakers like a Center Channel; (3)relocate the center speaker to the back of the room behind the viewer in between my surround sound speakers (you guys all shot that down); (4) Find out if Paradigm makes a smaller Center Speaker (they do, but they tell me it woud not be a good tonal match for my Studio 100s)..

Some of you suggested that I look into some Home Decorating catalogs, etc. I did just that and pretty much found nothing until today. Let me run this by you.. As I mentioned, the Plasma is located above the fireplace. Although it's true that I have no additional space above or below the Plasma for the Center Speaker, I do have alot of room on the sides of the Plasma. Consider this - what if I bought two new matching speakers - say maybe 30 inches high by about 4 or 5 inches wide and mount them on the wall on the left and right sides of the Plasma. Then I get my installer to work some magic and wire them to perform a like one center speaker in my 5.1 set up. Just thinking outside the box here. Would this work? As always, your help is most appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us