Need Help / Suggestions

Username: Npumcrisz

Post Number: 2
I am trying to build a HTPC with the following features;
1: DVB-s (satellite reception)
2: DVB-c /t (cable and or over the air reception)
3: S-video and or component video input
4: S-video and or component video output
5: RCA video and audio input and output.
6: Digital video and audio input and output.
7: AMD/ Intel processor
8: 1- 1.5 MB DDR memory
9: Wireless keyboard
I would like each (I mean 1- 4 as listed above)to be a dedicated PCI or PCIe card. Mpeg2/4 hardware encorder and decorder prefered. Add-on cards with connectors /cable is definetly not prefered (example include ATI All-In-Wonder). Support for Linux would be prefered, but can do with windows. My intension is to watch and record [TV /video(s)] plus been able to listen to and record [radio /audio]. Last but not the list been able to use the HTPC as a " Set top Box".

Any suggestions as to which card(s), wireless keyboard, motherboard and or slim case to purchase would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Username: Mohan

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu India

Post Number: 7
How about an iMac 20" Core Duo with external Firewire Box to capture videos and Optical Audio out/in. Use Apple remote to extend your playback experience.

All Svideo, Component Video, All analog stuff gets converted to digital using the external box / deck. Use Mac purely for control and playback. Check Matrox and AjaKona and a Mac guy. Tuely professional setup will be hazzle free and lets you concentrate on your work than on the xyz of cables, wires, cards, speakers, etc. Hope you understand my point.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us