Using optical from satelite receiver to coaxial to insignia htib

Username: Techrobby

Mount juliet, Tn Usa

Post Number: 1
i have tried for 3 months to get this thing to work in digital mode.and just give up.unless i get help with whats wrong in here.i have a satellite receiver that has optical out.but my insignia only has coaxial on it.so i bought the xfi platinum card for my computer to get the connections i need to be able to hook ikt up in digital sound.i'm going from optical out from satellite receiver to caoxial out from the sound card to coaxial in to the home theater system.it works fine until about 15min. later.only when i have the coaxial switched on through the home theater system it does switch to digital audio just fine and when i watch a movie through my directv receiver.it will switch to dolby digital.now for the problem after about 15min when in digital mode only but not in dolby digital.i get this electric buzzing sound gradually goes through the speakers.then few sec. later it gets louder then the subwoofer will shut off no bass.then it clears up runs fine.then the bass comes back on.but it does this over and over again.it will do that all day long.irritating.i have switched the insignia 6.1 audio system 3 times they all do the same thing.i just can't run it in digital mode because of this.now in analog mode no problem works fine all day long.when it is in dolby digital it acts differently.it will work for little over an hour before this buzzing sound is heard.then the dolby digital light on the unit will go off and come back on in the blink of an eye.of course it interupts the audio when this happens.and the buzzing sound lasts alot longer before it quits and works fine again.in have contacted insignia they don't know why this is happeningof course not.and no one else has complained about this problem ethier just me.please help.i also have a converter that converts from analong rca's to ethier optical or coaxial.i hooked it up bypassed the computer all together even turned it off.and it did the same thing so i know it isn't the computer causing this.i think it has something to do with the insignia unit itself.but don't understand how all of them i switched out also does the same thing.if it is a defect it is all of them that will do this.this only happens externally.you can play a dvd through it in dolby digital no problem works all day long no problem please help me out.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7492
Get rid of the Insignia and spend your money on a more reputable and established maker of receivers. You will have less headaches. Make sure you that you get a receiver with the prober inputs. Hooking it up to a computer will cause another set of problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us