Mordaunt Short Genie

Username: Swamy

Post Number: 4
Has any one had any problems with the mordaunt short genie speaker system?? I'm having trouble with one of the satellite speakers making loud carckling noises, also the subwoofer does not power up any more. Anyone else having problems?

Menace
Unregistered guest
Hi ,
Bring it back Quick.. i have the set as well and it still works , check wiring and amp first. Make sure the leads are nottoo long, for example I stick the wire straight through and turn the knobs until tight but there is a possibility to short circuit the whole lot if the + and - cable touch the housing. For the sub swap powerlead, switch it on manually if no joy bring it back

Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I have a problem with the Mordaunt Short Genie subwoofer (409W). I use the auto switch function but the subwoofer only turns on when the volume is set really high on the receiver but stays off in "normal" conditions. I thought it would automatically switch on whenever there's a signal coming from the receiver (Marantz SR5500). By the way: I had the same problem with the combination MS 308W subwoofer / Marantz Hollywood in a Box.

Erol.

leeber
Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem as Erol with the sub, did anyone resolve this yet?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us