Will my speakers work well with my avr?

Username: Jbw242

Post Number: 1
I ordered a Harman Kardon AVR-130 5.1 receiver and JBL SCS145.5 speakers do go with it. I am a noob when it comes to these things and was wondering what it means by the receiver putting out 45W per channel and the speakers being 100W...does this mean that i wasted money on the speakers? can someone please explain this to me and tell me if the avr-130 and scs145.5 will sound good together?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 656
Difficult to say about the sound quality. You'll probably be ok as long as you don't drive the receiver into clipping ( distortion caused by running it at levels too high given your speaker specs). When the wattage specs of speakers are considerably higher than the receiver, some folks tend to turn up the volume too high. I personally prefer to have speaker specs and receiver specs a little closer than those you provide. But with the HK, you're probably ok. If you find that you have to crank up the volume near max to get enjoyable sound, you might consider speaker or receiver replacement.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 156
Josh

Hallo there

JBL is a good make I use JBL control 5 three for the left centre and right though I won't talk about the surround channel that's a different affair.

Matching JBL at the front and you will have one good JBL set-up just read the specifications for Dolby dts SDDS 8 and CDS which is no longer around.

And you will see why three matching JBL loudspeakers are paramount.

Ashley
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us