Sony Sub Woofer

Username: Maddogg

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I could use some advice on this one. I bought a Sony Sub Woofer SA-W641 (here's the specs http://www.docs.sony.com/release/SAW641.pdf) about 10 years ago. It was an open box at a going out of business sale which I paid like $80 for it. I started hearing a rattling sounds about a week ago. Pulled it apart and you guessed it, the woofer was torn along the foam on the outer edge. It's a 280W sub which has been pretty good to me. Especially for the price I paid. Sony wants $70 for a replacement woofer. Would you sink $70 more into this sub or buy something new?

BTW, I've been running the sub woofer out from my receiver directly to the sub. I haven't bothered running the speakers through the sub even though the connections are there. Am I making a mistake doing it that way? Seems to have been working fine, but after reading the manual, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2855
If it worked before I see no reason to buy a new sub, unless you can get something better for $70.

If your subwoofer is equipped with the inputs for subwoofer output from a receiver, there is no mistake.

Username: Swwdts

Post Number: 8
I would pay the $70.00 .

RuN
Unregistered guest
I too, have a Sony SA-W641 sub that is blown. No luck in finding a replacement. Anyone know if any sub will do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us