Help guys

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2068
hows it going guys I need some help. I am looking at two different set-ups for my home theater set-up right now and I want your opinions as far as what I should do. 1-Onkyo 5.1 HT-s570 this set-up i have heard before and thought it sounded great and it is only like $260 from circuit city, next is the Infinity speaker set either the Tss-450 5.1 with 8in sub($350) or the TSs-750-5.1 with 10in sub($650) and the Onkyo slim line reciever TX-Lr552($379) with either of the two infinity systems. So the first one is $250,the next would be $700,and the last $1000. I wanted to stay right around $700 if possable or under but if you guys really recomended the more expensive infinity set-up for great reasons I guess I would spend the extra cash and get it. Let me know what you guys think, and if there is another system that is better for the money. I am primarilly looking at circuit city now but I will look anywhere else if there are better deals. Car audio is my specialy not Home audio but I really want a decent sounding system with some umph to it ya know. thanks guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Thalazy

San Ramon, California U.S.A

Post Number: 25
You can get the Onkyo Ht-S570 at radio Shack for $249.00. Have you checked out the Onkyo Ht-S670? That is a little more powerfull, than the 570., although it has bigger speakers. And have you looked at the Onkyo Ht-S770? It's a 6.1 home theater system has a 1000 watts and can be found for $399.00 at Frys Electronics (Circuit city has price match guarantee) As for Infinity it depends on if sound is more important than price, obviously a $1000 system is going to sound much better than a $249.00 system. I would look at both the Onkyo Ht-S760 and Ht-S770 systems first, and see if any of those systems knock your socks off, then compare the sound to the infinity systems. I can only comment really on the 770 which I own, that to me is an amazing HT system, a massive 220 watt subwoofer, DD EX, PL 2x and DTS ES 6.1 surround sound; just make sure you purchase (no matter what system you buy) Monster XP speaker wire, and Monsterbass 300 subwoofer cable (or another brand of those type of products) and you'll be good to go.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2083
great thanks man I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us