Help Choosing AVR2805, DENON AVR 2805 or Yamaha

Username: Audiofan

Post Number: 1
I am starting to build my system and I would like to get some help chossing the right receiver I have narrowed it down to either AVR2805 or Onkyo 702 the Onkyo seems to have an advantage by being THX certified I will use for both movie and music 50/50. I am planning on pairing with Infinity Beta 50 floorstanding (+5.1 setup) and as I am trying to get the whole system built up I would like to (if possible) match the receiver brands to the DVD/CD/SACD player (apx $400) Taking that into cosideration Onkyo may offer a broader selection of DVD players. Suggestions are welcome The bottom line I would like to hear the crisper music and fuller Home theather sound possible in these receivers price range

Aaron S. Miller
Unregistered guest
I have the 702.. I love it.. Upgraded from a Yamaha, and the Onkyo seems to have a better sound to me.. But that's going to be different for everyone.

The speaker setup on the 702 is nice. Plug in the supplie mic, and it will auto calibrate your speakers for distance, size, eq etc..etc..

I also love that it has 3 Component Inputs on it. Most recievers only give you 2..

The remote is very easy to use, and I was able to program all my equipment easily. And it has 3 macros that you can set up. I gave up my Sony remote commander (touch screen) to use this one.

The THX-Certification does mean that it has been tested to the max.

I have mine paired with a Pioneer Elite DV-09 DVD player.. I am probably going to pick up the DV-47Ai so I can have SACD capability.. Pioneer makes a great DVD player.. I think you can pick up the Elite 45-A for about $400.00.. And the 47Ai for about $550.00.. It just has a few more bells and whistles on it.

I'm running my Onkyo with Klipsch RF-25 (Front), RC-35 (Center), RS-35 (Rear) and a RS-10 (Sub). Will probably add 2 more RS-25 to the rear hear soon to use the 7.1.. (Maybe just add 3, so I can do 6.1 and 7.1.. =b

So, I really like the Onkyo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us