True surround?

Username: Wolfi

Post Number: 4
i have a xbox, and i am about to buy a 5.1 surround set and a creative ddts 100 decoder.. my question is, if i get the creative ddts 100 decoder can i attach any 5.1 surround pc system to it?
then if i can do that will i get "true" surround from my xbox?(if i use a the digital cable...dunno its name)
..just to try and make sure you know what i mean, lets say i get the decoder and creative inspire t5900, will that give me true 5.1 surround?.....sorry if my post is not possible to understand....

Anonymous

Very little surround on the xbox and ps2 games are 5.1. Most are Dolby Pro logic or some form of ProLogic.

arrow224
Unregistered guest
No wrong. All xbox games that support surround sound are Dolby Digital 5.1. Xbox has onboard 5.1 decoder. Not ProLogic.

It is PS2 and Gamecube that have 5.1 emulation, or ProLogic.

To get 5.1 from Xbox, you need either the Advanced AV Pack, or I think you could use the hi-def pack. The advanced AV pack has optical digital out, not coax. Plug an optical digital lead into that, and the other end goes into the optical digital INPUT on your reciever. Turn the XBOX on, set it to output 5.1 digital sound, turn on your amp/reciever to digital sound channel, and you should be right.

Unregistered guest
So, i am also looking for a set of 5.1 speakers for my xbox but i am on a cheap (ish) kinda budget (£60-£100) What kind of 5.1 speakers would u recommend ? Creative lab or Logitech?
Thanks Alot

arrow224
Unregistered guest
Go the Logitech. Z-5550 not sure if they in that price range, as I am not located in the UK. Check those out, massive sub, like 10" or something...

Me-is-angry-about-not-having-suround-sound
Unregistered guest
i have a normal tv with the three white yellow and red in puts or out puts, what ever you call them. I was wounderin if i have to get seperate cables for the red and white inputs to connect to a reciever. i know i need a advanced av pack too. I might be getting a rca rt2380 and i am not sure how i will connect it to my xbox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us