Yamaha YHT-755

onlyeme
Unregistered guest
Any thoughts on this system? I just bought it last night for $600. I guess my other concerns are:
1. Is it worth upgrading the speakerwire/component video outputs (and if so, what kind, $$$)
2. How to position this 6 speaker system. I've seen online guides that say different things.

I'm new to home theater systems... please help. Thanks.

Username: Shawnp

Seattle, WA U.S.

Post Number: 1
Hey man i just got the yht-150 i liked it when i got it hooked up ready to go. I upgraded all the wires,and it makes a difference especially the subwoofer cable GET A BIGGER GAUGE for the sub. . i wanted the 6.1 but didnt have the extra 300 bucks to blow. . .

Username: Shawnp

Seattle, WA U.S.

Post Number: 2
Bottom line is... paying 600.00 for the home theater system you might as well get all the upgradable wires and cables Dont forget the optical cable for the DVD player ask radio shack there pretty good about getting you squared away it can get pricey bring with you around 150.00 get the best of everything. . Thats just me! I went crazy there(wires,cables,zipties,etc.). And if you're new to this well you made a good choice with that yht-755.Your eventually going to want some better speakers but start with the cables and thicker speaker wires

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 38
I have to agree mostly with what these guys said get the better wire (preferably 16 gauge or larger) and the sub cable is a must, that improves the most with a better cable. With the 755 get a decent optical cable. and if you have a HDTV get a set of component video cables too.

The speakers are almost placed that same as a 5.1 set up, the center speaker goes right above or below the tv(I prefer above) the left and right speakers should go about 4-8 feet off to the sides of that. The two surronds go to the sides of you(a little behind about 30 degrees) and the rear center is just that goes right behind you.

Hope you enjoy your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us