Headphones/Earbuds

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!

Post Number: 3773
I decided I wanted to get some new earbuds and I seen on Skullcandy's ebay store they were having a sale on the Skullcandy Ink'd model,regular price was $19.99 on sale for $7.98 plus free s/h plus a lifetime warrenty. So I went ahead and ordered these in red/black

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Skullcandy-Inkd-Ear-Earbuds-w-Lifetime-Warranty-6-Co lors-Available-/230704127944?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7b68c15f89

I hope they sound as good as people say they are but even if they are garbage Im only out $7.98 lol.

So then I got to thinking I would like to get some full sized headphones also. I got the Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds for use with my MP3 player and use them on the go. I was looking at Skullcandy's ebay store and found some full sized DJ style headphones,now they are not Skullcandy they are 2XL which is a brand by Skullcandy. I found the 2XL Shakedowns,regular $24.99, for only $7.99 plus free s/h so I ordered these in red/black also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2XL-Shakedown-Ear-Headphones-Skullcandy-5-Colors-Ava ilable-/220897168314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item7915c1aced

I wanted a pair of full sized headphones so I could use them for watching TV/movies late at night so I wouldnt disturb anyone with the volume of my TV/stereo and use them for when Im listening to music on my computer but mainly for watching movies. I had to by a RCA to 3.5mm adaptor which I found at Monoprice.com for .60

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042902 &p_id=7190&seq=1&format=2

So I can just run a set of RCAs straight from my cable box or dvd player to the adaptor and then plug in my headphones. I know Ill have wires everywhere but oh well,I will now be able to listen to my tv/movie as loud as I want without getting beitched at lol.

I do have some questions I wanted to ask in this long azz thread tho,first off what are your alls opinions on the Skullcandy earbuds, the Ink'd ones that I bought? And what do you all think about the full sized 2XL Shakedown headphones I bought? Do you think both pairs will sound good? Im more concerned about the 2xl Shakedowns since they are kind of an off brand of Skullcandy but I read some pretty good reveiws about them and they were only 8 bucks. But right now Sonic is having a 15% off all full sized headphones so do you think I would be better off buying a different brand from Sonic and take advantage of their deal? I dont need "pro" sounding headphones and Im not going to pay $100+ for a pair of heaphones,thats just crazy to me, but I would like a pretty nice sounding set. Something with good bass and clear vocals or mids. When I was looking on Sonic I found these Gemini DJX-03,reg price $29.95 on sale for $10 plus the additional 15% off which makes them about $8 plus free shipping.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_30345_Gemini-DJX-03.html

I dont know really anything about headphone brands so is Gemini a good brand? You think the Gemini would sound better than the 2XL Shakedowns I bought? I mean for reg. $30 on sale for $8 I may just pick them up too and listen for myself and see which ones sound better. I just wanted to get some info on some good brands and good sounding headphones that wont cost over $100. So any info on the Geminis or the 2Xls? Opinions on both? Any other options I should look at? Sorry for the long thread but I did want to share the deals on the Skullcandy headphones and try to learn a thing or two about headphones and good/bad brands and which ones sound the best for the money. Please list any other brands I should look out for when it comes to full size headphones. If there are any on Sonic anyone thinks will be better than the 2XLs or those Geminis let me know. And if anyone is in the market for a pair you should grab some from the Skullcandy ebay store before they sell out and/or go to Sonic and use their 15% off deal before it expires. Sorry,long thread but Im bored!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4979
Skimmed. Enjoy your headphones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3774
lol thanks! Like I said I was bored. Dismiss this thread if you dont wanna read it.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 6041
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4980
I'm reminded of a funny commercial...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9821
Skullcandy =/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3778
But isnt Skullcandy what all the "cool/hip" kids are using these days?

The Skullcandy Inkd that I ordered came today and they actually sound pretty damn good. Especially for the $7.99 I paid for them,plus free s/h and a lifetime warrenty. The bass is crazy for such small speakers. It sounds like I got 2 tiny subs in my ears lol. And they are loud and clear too. My only complaints would be about the cord,I wish they would have used a braided,nylon I think it is?,like some of the other nicer earbuds out there. And the little silicone earbud tips,they have the little Skullcandy logo on them and they are kinda uncomfortable b/c of that.

I also got my 2XL full-size headphones the other day and they sound prettt good too and I only paid $7.98 for them and free s/h. 2XL is a sub brand by Skullcandy,basically a cheaper alternative. Anyways these sound better while using them to listen to movies or TV but dont sound bad at all with music for the price. Thats exactly why I got 2 sets of earbuds/headphones,i got the earbuds for music,my MP3 player and the full-size headphones for watching movies/TV. They both work great for the application I bought them for.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5515
lol, Thats what i had planned forsecret santa.I got the SC 2xl and the SC earbuds plus I was hoping it was gonnabe you Did you see the thead in the sub section? I had a lot of "goodies" 5-500's as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3781
lol I missed the thread but I just seen it. Nice headphones for the price huh? And any leftover "goodies"? Ill PM you my address lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 6044
No, but seriously. These Sony XB cans are worth looking in to, especially the XB500. Incredible low end and fairly neutral mids and highs. They flat out get it done, and don't clip even at ridiculous levels. The 700 has a bit more low end, but it seems like the mids and highs get kind of blurred in the process. The clarity isn't all there for me. The 500's are the headphones of choice right now for (non-critical) studio tracking and electronic drum work, but they will also blow your mind on MP3's and iPods with a little EQ'ing. All of the Skullcandies aren't even in the same league as this, even at 4X the price, and other than the monster-truck-tire earpads on the Sony's (which are comfy as fack by the way) you don't get the wannabe gangsta look either. And the XB500's are fifty bucks on Amazon. Check em out -- you can yell at me if you don't love them. But you won't, because you will.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4479
Brad do you have any recommendations on the best headphones under $200? I'm looking for a good pair to run with a headphone amp. I've been looking at a couple different Sennheiser models, particularly the HD 558's. I just wish there was a store I could go to and take a listen to some.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 6046
Up near that price point it's these for sure. The 558 (and the better 598) are open designs, and while they have amazing clarity and detail, they just don't have any low end power. The M50's are fairly close to those in detail, but the low end response is incredible.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4480
Alright I'll definitely put those on my list then. I really haven't heard many headphones, but I'm guessing an open design should make it feel like a bigger sound stage then? I've been using Turtle Beach DX11's that I used with my 360 and those are simulated 7.1, but the drivers in that headset sound like crap now. I've become pretty used to feeling like the sound is coming from in front of you and when I turn off the 7.1 it just doesn't sound the same or anywhere near as good. I'm hoping regular stereo headphones can sound just as good or better than simulated surround sound.

Username: Billjames

Post Number: 3
I got tired of the earbud wires getting caught on everything so I went with wireless earbuds. Sony makes some nice ones and they come with a bluetooth adapter if you don't have one on your device. It's pretty easy to link up to your device.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2027
I love my SteelSeries Siberia V2's. Awesome lows and crisp highs.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/871/pg1/steelseries-siberia-v2-introductio n.html

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9824
I own SteelSeries 7Hs and the sound is borderline decent. Not impressive for the 150 bucks the headset will cost you that's for sure and their customer service is absolutely terrible. Anyhow, these days I'm all for earbuds, to hell with having sweaty ears but earbuds get gross too, gotta clean them every day because of wax and sweat, even if you clean your ears on a daily basis the things get gross.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15948
Nobody uses Grado anymore?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts