VEVO on Youtube

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5504
Gotta ask: has anyone else noticed that the volume level for music videos uploaded by VEVO changes depending on the song? And that normally the volume level is way too low?

It's been bugging me lately that I'll have to crank the volume to max just to hear the song normally, then I'll get an email reminder etc. sound blasted in my ears, or I'll forget to turn the volume down when switching to Windows Media Player. It's definitely not helping my hearing. And my headphones I use are for DJ applications (Pioneer HDJ-2000), so it's actually kinda important that I keep the volume turned down haha.

I should get a volume limiter of sorts on my laptop that is based on dB output or something. Not just one based on arbitrary volume levels (1-25, for example)...

Oh yeah, since I have an adblocker on firefox, I don't get their ads, but those aren't very nice either.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1991
To be honest, I do not hear any difference in volume when playing a video from VEVO or from anyone else. I play this on my laptop and HTPC and don't hear a difference. Strange.

Have you tried listening to stuff directly from the VEVO website? is it giving you the same results?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15977
Jexx

Check in your audio mixer by double click on volume in the bottom bar to see if all volume are on "max"

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5505
Check this out:

[video removed]

Same song, different volume. Maybe it's so slight that it isn't being noticed is all? I'm pretty sure it's not just the quality...maybe it is.

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1355
The bottom song was just a little less lower than the top.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16667
the top song was alot louder and clearer for me

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15996
Jexx

You are right about the lower volume but Vevo provide great quality video and sound which are not saturated, the Vevo version sound better on my Home theater without distortion.

Be sure that your main volume is on max, I can listen it without putting the volume at max!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5506
Hah, thanks, Plymouth.

And yeah one thing I do admire about VEVO is their vids are very high quality, even at 360p.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 15999
Jexx

You can send the Youtube link to a site which convert the video sound to a MP3 for you, usefull to replace limewire, much easier to found a song on youtube than froswire.

If you need the link, I will send you on PM!

Username: P4t_90

Post Number: 1
Hi, i'm a new user.
This thread must have more answers for me..why the hell youtube doesn't have the same volume in all its videos?
The vevo videos' volume is too low in general but Jexx has reason..some VEVO videos are lower than the other VEVO videos..examples are Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough(damn!) Kesha - We R Who We R(in the SME channel..in the VEVO I don't know) and the italian Jovanotti - Tutto L'amore che ho.
The volume in the bottom bar is at max..is there a solution for this..for me..big problem?
I expect some answers.Bye.

Post Number: 2
The difference between the VEVO videos and the other videos adn between vevo videos and other vevo videos is much bigger than the difference between the Jexx's uopper posted videos..for me..

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16079
Hi Pat!

There is no problem for me with the sound level on Youtube then Vevo on my both home theater PC system!

Some PC speakers system does not have enough gain then even if the volume is at max, the volume is too low!

Post Number: 5
Hi Plymouth there si no solution for me for this problem, i'ts very uncomfortable to conintue to switch up and down the volume.
The nmusic donwloaded with Limewire or torrent programs is about the same volume all the songs.

Bye.

Username: Aaliya

Post Number: 3
The song was really very louder, Other wise its perfect to use. ;)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us