Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5432
What do you have, Mark?

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1909
I have a '99 400ex. Had it for like six years. Bulletproof.

That's me, and my buddy is on the Raptor. My brother was filming.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1910
A few pics of our shop.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1911
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5437
That's an awesome vid, Mark. Looks like your buddy got covered in mud from that puddle at the bottom of the hill Lol.

And nice shop. Had no idea you were into ATVs/motorcycles.

If you see any good deals on 2WD ATVs, you gotta let me know. I recently had my Kawasaki Mojave's engine seize on me and am now looking for a new ATV. I was considering a rebuild, but that would cost what, $400-500?

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1912
On a Mojave? You'd be better off just getting a new quad. We were supposed to get a Mojave back in '92-'93, but my dad bought the Mule instead. You can see it in the pics. Still waiting on parts for that thing. It hasn't ran in about 6 months.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1913
I gotta take some new pics of the shop. My sister has our camera though. We just got the new tire changer today. Thing is awesome. Still gotta figure out how to use the thing. I already almost ruined one of my fourwheeler tires testing the thing out.

But yeah, Jexx what is your budget for a new/used quad and what kind are you looking for? We get sh!t coming through our shop so much it's kinda hard to keep up. Almost everything in those pics are projects that we were working on at that time. Besides the 400ex's, the Mule, the Bombardier and the two Suzuki bikes. There's alot more packed in the corner that you can't really see.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5439
Cool, a tire changer built specifically to ATV spec? I've never seen one of those. Must be extremely convenient to have.

Hmm, I think max I can spend right now is 1k, though I'd do 1.5k if it's really nice. 2k is too steep at the moment (I'm also trying to get what's left of my Mojave sold to help pay for a new quad).

I've really wanted a Raptor, like Julian mentioned, but they're so expensive (probably since they're still kind of new). I like Banshee's a lot as well (anything Yamaha, really). I guess I got stuck on the brand with a dirt bike back in the day that I fell in love with. Not a fan of Suzuki, though Honda is always good. Thanks for anything you might find, Mark. I appreciate it.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1914
My brother has a '72 Yamaha 250 two stroke that he might sell. But anyways, if you can find a Warrior in decent shape for that price that might be good for you. I used to have a couple of those, decent quads. Never rode a Banshee before, but I hear really good things about them. Get one while you can though. Those are just going to go up in value now that they don't make them anymore. Like the Honda 250R. I saw an '88 going for 8 grand, granted the thing was bone stock and in amazing shape, but anything 2 stroke now is going to hold their value.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1916
Well the tire changer isn't specifically for ATV and motorcycle tires, we had to buy the adapters separate. This is the one we got.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-TC229-Tire-Changer-p/attc229.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us