Livermore, Ca Usa

Post Number: 34
ANY one showing FIFA WORLD on line

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1176
Espn 3 (online chanl)showing it.
Tomorrow 11-30 Pacific US vs ENG on ABC (local)showing it.( You can get it with antenna)

nano2 is up all this soccer games brother.

Silver Member
Username: Xtrawest

BC Canada

Post Number: 355
I'm watching 'em using WF on ESPN

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1179
Gooooooooooooooo. U.S.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Beat them with big margin please !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Califirnia

Post Number: 97
http://www.atdhe.net/index.html

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1180
U.S got lucky in the first half. Chance like such won't be availble to any country in the WC.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 527
Very lucky USA 1-1 England

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
Luck USA 1-1 England

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 229
USA should have won

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
Hope will win next one

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1181
cooler king, kaka
I was wishing U.S to win. The thing is Eng is a quality team. More experienced team. Whole time, (specially second half) U.S was struggling. I have noticed they had only two players at the front. Rest of them were concentrating defending their own goal post.
I'm sure Eng will catch the race in coming games.
Looking forward to see Germany games.

Silver Member

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 230
I saw Argentina today...I don't know much about futbol but they look tough

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16374
Big expectations as US meets Ghana in World Cup

For other countries, a second-round World Cup match is a big step. For the United States, Saturday's game against Ghana is so much more.

The television audience back home could top the U.S. national team record of 13.7 million, set during the 1994 World Cup loss to Brazil.

With a victory, the Americans would advance to a quarterfinal matchup versus Uruguay or South Korea on July 2 and match the farthest the U.S. team has advanced since the first World Cup in 1930. Confidence is soaring.

"If we continue to build on the successes so far, we can go to the end," coach Bob Bradley said Friday.

The U.S. team made the 2-hour trip Friday northwest from Irene and checked into the Bakubung Bush Lodge, where the bus was blocked by an elephant ahead of the opener against England on June 12. Players have been stoked since Landon Donovan's injury-time goal beat Algeria on Wednesday and lifted them into the knockout phase.

"The way we've been playing, feeling like we've gone undefeated and we've gotten stronger, I think that gives us hope," goalkeeper Tim Howard said.

American sports fans have been focusing on soccer at an unprecedented level. Former President Clinton attended Wednesday's game in Pretoria and chugged a postgame beer with captain Carlos Bocanegra. New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush joined the party. Clinton changed his schedule to stick around for the Ghana game.

"People were coming out of the woodworks to celebrate," Bocanegra said.

The Columbus Crew, FC Dallas, New England Revolution and New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer are among those hosting viewing parties. The Kansas City Royals are setting up televisions around Kauffman Stadium so fans can watch while attending the baseball game against the St. Louis Cardinals.

"You want to have a team that the people who care about ... and follow that team and root for that team and can feel part of," coach Bob Bradley said Friday. "A team that people believe in and a team that people are proud of. And so, that's part of our responsibility, and we're excited in the moment that there's that kind of feeling."

Saturday's game, nationally televised by ABC starting at 2:30 p.m. EDT, will be the third for the Americans at Royal Bafokeng Stadium. They had a 3-0 win over Egypt in last year's Confederations Cup and the 1-1 draw with the English in this tournament.

The U.S. is coming off a 2-2 tie against Slovenia, when the Americans rallied from a two-goal deficit and saw an 85th-minute goal controversially disallowed, and the thrilling 1-0 victory over the Algerians.

It would appear the U.S. has a favorable path to the semifinals, a round it reached for the only time 80 years ago. The Americans are ranked 14th, well ahead of Ghana (32nd) and South Korea (47th) and slightly in front of Uruguay (18th).

While the U.S. finished atop its first-round group for the first time since 1930, it hasn't won consecutive World Cup games in 80 years. And in Ghana, it plays the only one of six African teams to have survived past the group phase. All African fans figure to be supporting the Black Stars.

"Ghana is the African hope now," defender Samuel Inkoom said. "We aren't going to disappoint them."

Four years ago, the Americans played Ghana in their final first-round game and needed a victory to advance. Ghana went ahead early only for Clint Dempsey to tie it. But the Black Stars won the game on Stephen Appiah's penalty kick after a foul called by German referee Markus Merk against Oguchi Onyewu.

"An injustice," Onyewu said. "I still to this day don't know where the foul came from."

Ghana had just two goals in the group phase, penalty kicks by Asamoah Gyan against Serbia and Australia. Gyan, a teammate of Bocanegra's on Rennes, also scored against the Czech Republic in the 2006 World Cup after 68 seconds, the fastest goal of that tournament.

"He's got a great leap. He's really good in the air. He's powerful and fast," Bocanegra said. "He spearheads their attack."

Right back John Pantsil is a teammate of Dempsey on Fulham, but Ghana is missing its top player, midfielder Michael Essien, out since January with a knee injury. A four-time African champion, the Black Stars lost 1-0 to Egypt in this year's African Cup of Nations final.

Coach Milovan Rajevac is familiar with American soccer, having spent several seasons playing with an indoor team in New York.

"America has grown into a football superpower," he said.

Rajevac said central defenders John Mensah and Jonathan Mensah will play despite getting banged up against Germany on Wednesday, but Isaac Vorsah, another central defender, still is sidelined by a strained knee ligament.

For the U.S., forward Robbie Findley is eligible after serving a one-game suspension for accumulation of yellow cards. Bradley must decide whether to start Onyewu, who sat against Algeria because of the fast-paced play as he regains fitness following knee surgery last October.

Rajevac said it will be difficult for his team to turn around after just two off days between games. The U.S. team, which spent hours last month running wind sprints during training in Princeton, N.J., has no such concerns.

Potentially, the game could go 120 minutes -- and to penalty kicks, something the U.S. last experienced in the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinal, a victory over Panama. But never have they been in a shootout in the World Cup.

"We're confident. It's pressure, but it's easier to play the Ghana game," Howard said. "We can take it into extra time. We can go to penalties. There's so many formulas that can happen."

NOTES: The referee is Victor Kassai of Hungary, who worked Brazil's 2-1 win over North Korea and Uruguay's 1-0 victory over Mexico. He also refereed the United States' 2-1 loss to Spain at last year's under-17 World Cup.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19144
I am supposed to be very good at C/P. so here it is from Associated Press, story written by Ronald Blum. If it looks very much like the story above, it is because Blum copied it from the great genius LK.

Big game, big expectations....
<b>"Big game, big expectations as U.S. meets Ghana

By Ronald Blum

RUSTENBURG, SOUTH AFRICA</.b> i½ For other countries, a second-round World Cup match is a big step. For the United States, Saturdayi½s game against Ghana is so much more.

The television audience............"

Read the rest here....

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 910
If USA go to next round soccer will be increase its base fans as this country have the $+ppl to pay for ******

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19146
Yes, Juan, and Sports is too commercialized. Expectations of large sums of money can at times induce cheating.

Silver Member
Username: Finish22

Post Number: 202
Soccer is probably the most Worldwide practiced sport,
but unfortunately, our Redneck Nation is so unaware of it,
and of the amazing deed USA Team is achieving....

From being a college boys & amateur team in its beginnings,
( getting bullied & shoved around by every 'soccer practicing' third world team )
now, its on a par with the best European and South American teams.

Whatever happens from now on will be just
icing on the cake.....
USA Team is now on world stage and corporate America has taken notice of it....

Silver Member
Username: Feroz

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 151
u cant expect usa to win if u do ..keep on dreaming sorry but this takes knowhow no offense meant my sons dont agree w me ,usa might win some day but not this cup

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19156
Feroz: You are absolutely right

Silver Member

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 241
That is about the most ignorant statement a dumbitch like you could make

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2118
nalo please start acting like you have a brain or I shall take steps to have you removed!!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19162
Corporate America may be big on bribery - I don't know. One thing is certain. If America get the cup, there should be a high level legal inquiry!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19163
zulu: You are welcome to try whatever you want to, just as I am allowed to make complaints.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14310
zulu

You are a pest!

Silver Member

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 153
ghana kicked some rear not a surprise usa will not make finals in this cup,very unlikely that they ever will

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1212
Feroz, I wanted usa to win but again thinking Ghana would do better against URG than usa can do.
It was sad to see players crying. Anyway only one can win.
Wishing GER may kill ENG tomorrow. And later win the CUP 2010.\ clipart{smile}

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 7169
devin USA played really well but Ghana is too good...
so bravo to Ghana...
usa players shouldn't be sad..or crying....
they played really well in tournament and better than what was expectations...
GOING for England tomorrow to kill Germany...
its gonna be miracle....if England Beats Germany ...

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1214
Well said Sada !
USA did way better than last time. They should celebrate instead.
Sada, Both ENG-GER seems equally good to me this year. I hope GER will go thru !!!

Silver Member

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 154
devin i did not see d game nor d players at d end maybe it was a bit unsensitive whether its ger or urg as u said its ok im rooting for brazil or argentina those 2 would be likely to reach finals

Silver Member

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 155
devin also sorry 4 d earlier comment it was not right i let my emotions get d best of me football as we called its a serious buss (intead of soccer)

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1216
d...??? what is that feroz?

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1217
Todays game between Eng- Ger, it is THE BEST and most entertaining game of the 2010 W cup so far.
Happy for GER !
Good luck MAX

Silver Member

New york, New york U s a

Post Number: 156
devin d = the

argentina vs germany a good one

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3216
Germany will beat Argentina....the ref was on Argentina's side today

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1219
African,
I prayed for mex's win. didn't work. But when we talking about todays ref. If you think this ref a partial. NO You are wrong cuz this ref wanted this game to go on without giving any yellows ect. He could have give 8-10 yellow cards and atleast couple red, but he did give a couple yellows only . Half time fighting could have force this ref to give red. he didn't care. Are you still thinking ref was partial.huh...Think about it.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3217
that off side was 2 and a half yards off. the linesman saw it, and that goal should have been dis allowed

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1649
I really respect this sport and it is absolutely entertaining to watch.

However, WTF is going on with these refs?

One thing I don't understand is how such a famous and the most watched sport in history can lack good judgement. Its one thing if the refs cant see something clearly but there MUST be action taken to fight these bad calls.

I have seen MANY bad calls being made during this world cup. The fact of the matter is that these calls DO affect the teams performance. Today was another huge BS call which I DO say was an important factor in Englands loss. If the right call was made and the game was rightfully tied, i'm positive England would have put up a MUCH better game in the secod half.

This has nothing to do with which team is better. Better calls = better games.
Look at MLB or NBA - for those who watch it here. Many bad calls are often challenged. Refs and umpires are constantly wrong.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23015
It's a worldwide sport that is being played in the same corrupt arena as its' politics. I have seen calls and missed calls that CLEARLY show those with an agenda, be it political or personal are in charge. Sometimes I feel the outcome is dictated with the same blind ignorance that is found in pro boxing. It all comes down to who gets paid the most to say and do what. The refs are in charge on the field and bound by no instant replays or overturning of any judgments correct?

THAT is grounds for...........you guessed it..............whatever outcome they please.

Or in other words......the highest bidder.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16416
wow im only now seeing this thread

only in the usa & on usa channels its really called "soccer" so as to not get confused with what the americans play but the rest of the world knows it as FOOTBALL ...

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1656
Yea....why DO they call it soccer?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23035
Like this non goal during the England/Germany game. Regardless of the final score, it's BS like that which takes the wind out of anyone's sails. A sport of such worldwide stature should be governed as such.

Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23651

too bad this is also part of soccer (football).

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23037
Lol.

Someone forgot a camera was on him lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1657
LOL

Paul....that is exactly what I was talking about. That WAS a goal yet the referees were blind AND there was nothing that could have been done to fight that at the moment. THAT makes no sense to me. Defeats the whole purpose of a game.

Heres a nice one:

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3157
anybody catch the Germany vs Nigeria game?

the scoreboard on the screen showed Nigeria first with Germany to the right. both teams were abbreviated with their first 3 letters. you can fill in the rest lol.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23655
wow netherland shocks brazil with a 2 -1 win. another powerhouse team gone.

this year belongs to spain.

lets do this SPAIN!!!!!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1665
I'm going for Argentina

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4517
LOL Skullz funny vid. Did you know that picking and eating one's boogers, even as an adult, isn't that rare of a habit? They were talking about it on the radio a couple weeks ago. It's a habit people start as children, and a surprising number of people never break it. They had dozens and dozens of people calling in who were willing to admit it over the radio.

Nasty.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16432
WTF man ! - did he just pick his booger then roll it in his fingers & pop it in his mouth after !? ......eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! ...

i never like favorites like brazil so it doesnt bother me that they r out - always like argentina from maradonna days & germany from 1990 which was a very well oiled machine back then in that WC

im not playing favorites though so lets see how it turns out ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23056
I think the punishment inflicted on Nigerian players by its' president for 2 years is an act of lunacy. I don't care how badly he thinks they played. He's telling the world his country isn't good enough to compete. What kind of motivation, inspiration and leadership is that? This isn't street ball in a back alley, this is the world's most played game represented by the country's best. Someone HAS to lose. Do it head held high either way and act like an adult.

Did I mention the calls in the cup are an atrocity? Like all the cameras you see behind the net in my pic. There are 100's of millions of eyes on the game yet they still rely on the "judgement" of someone who could have obstructed view 50' away making final calls?

That's so 19th century.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1666
Damn!!! Ghana lost - i wanted them to win. It just wasn't their match. SOO many chances to get the ball in at the last minute but no luck. It really was an exciting match.

Ehren, i remember watching the news years ago about people eating boogers. I don't remember what exactly they said but they seemed pretty cool about it lol. Don't ask me why lol

And is anyone getting bothered by those vuvuzela thingies? I think my ears are now used to them. I can even say watching a soccer game without that noise will seem weird for me lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us