NBA Finals 2010

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1604
So is anyone watching Basketball? Whats your thoughts on who will/should win?

I DESPISE the Lakers....I hope they don't even make it to the finals this year. Most of the people I know always root for Lakers mainly because of Kobe. I can't stand that ball hogging fcker. Thats JMO.

Anyways, I want to see Phoenix win this year. Nash really deserves it and I think its time we see them rise.
On the Eastern side, I really want the Magics to go through. They played a smart and strong game yesterday and I think they have it all to do it 2 more times. If they win the next game, I am almost certain game 7 is theirs as well.
I don't have anything against Boston and I also believe they are the stronger of the two teams, but I have been with the Magic all season.

Ultimately I would like to see Suns vs. Magic. I will be happy for whichever team wins.
If not, then we got Lakers vs. Celtics. I think that would be a pretty good match. In that case, I root for Celtics all the way.
ANY team but the Lakers will make me happy lol.

Also, what you guys think about Lebron? Where do you think he will be going since he will be a free agent in July? If he does plan to leave Cleveland, I hope he makes his way to the Knicks. I also hope Chris Bosh also comes through with the Knicks. I think it's time the Knicks get serious

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5598
I'm goin for either boston or magic. I can't stand the suns because they beat my portland

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5599
I think for lebron, he will most likely go to the net's if anywhere...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4468
Classic finals matchup this year. I'm rooting for the Lakers. I hate the Celtics.

If I put my Boston hatred aside for a second to really think about the series, I'm on the fence. On one hand Boston is old. Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen are all playing well, but they're all past their athletic primes and you can see them slowing down. However, the Celts seem to have a great team chemistry and a powerful road warrior mentality, so I don't think home court for the lakers is a big advantage.

The Lakers, on paper, are the better team I believe. I don't think they have the team unity and chemistry of the Celts though. Something could be going on behind the scenes, I suspect Phil Jackson deep down think Kobe is a douche, and the rest of the team may have issues with him as well.

Rajon Rondo will have to be healthy for the Celts to win, he's far and away their best player. The matchup will be completely different from the way they played Orlando. The Lakers have way more depth in their big men with Odom, Gasol, and Bynum.

I didn't like the way the Celts finished the series against Orlando, they should've swept them, but fatigue seemed to creep in. Kobe has looked fresher than he has in years since having his knee drained recently.

If I have to make a prediction, I'll say Lakers in 7.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23642
looks like a tough series for the lakers now. but i still feel good about their home court advantage. there's no way lakers will lose 3 straight. at least i hope not lol.

before the series started i felt good about the lakers winning this. after game 1 i was even thinking sweep. but after game 2 loss everything changed. i am so nervous right now. i am also so anxious for tonight's game 3.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1622
Boston did a great job in game 2. I am not a fan of either teams but i am rooting for Boston on this one.
I also think we will see a game 7.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16357
IF KG steps it up, i beleive the Celtics will win, regardless of their age...If.KG is down and tired after this long season for him, then Pierce or Allen will have to get have career highs to win..I don't believe Rondo or Baby can carry the team..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4486

quote:

I don't believe Rondo or Baby can carry the team..

What? Rondo has been carrying the team all year, especially in the playoffs. If it weren't for Rajon Rondo, this team wouldn't be anywhere near the NBA finals. He's on an entirely higher level than any other player on the team, period. He makes things so much easier for Pierce and Allen it's ridiculous. Allen is a pretty one-dimensional player, Pierce is slowing down, and Garnett is just a hack at this point.

I hope Rondo ends up with a different team soon, cause Boston sure as hell doesn't deserve him. Their boneheaded fans still don't have any appreciation for what he does and has been doing. Same morons who were calling for the kids head during their rocky championship run despite him performing incredibly well for a kid in his first real season, playing in the playoffs. What a joke.

As for Baby, why would his name even be in that sentence? Is anyone expecting him to carry the team? He's no different than any of the other role players coming off the bench. That reference makes zero sense.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16358
Game 3 was an ugly game by both teams....not much D or O by either team...nobody could find the basket or played much D...KG started great and Baby had some great moments, Rondo, Allen and Pierce were no shows ....Derek Fisher won this game for the Lakers with a helluva 4th quarter...game could have went either way in the final 3-4 minutes if it weren't for Fisher...Bryant fell asleep the 4th quarter..

The officiating was poor but both ways, so it was consistent and equal..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4487

quote:

Game 3 was an ugly game by both teams....not much D or O by either team...nobody could find the basket or played much D...KG started great and Baby had some great moments, Rondo, Allen and Pierce were no shows ....Derek Fisher won this game for the Lakers with a helluva 4th quarter...game could have went either way in the final 3-4 minutes if it weren't for Fisher...Bryant fell asleep the 4th quarter..

I agree with that analysis. It was almost as if no one wanted it, and DFish was suddenly like, "okay, i'll win it I guess".

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1627
wooohooo 2-2!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4488
Didn't get to watch the entire game due to other commitments, but I saw most of the fourth quarter. The Lakers were just getting killed on the boards, lots of offensive rebounds for the Celtics. I heard Bynum twisted his knee or something early in the game, and it sure as hell looked like they missed him.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16359
Amazing display by Pierce (Celtics) and Bryant (Lakers)...Celtics win 92-86...Celtics lead series 3-2....Going back to LA for game 6 (Tues) and game 7 (Thurs), if needed..

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1630
Bryant 38 pts
Gasol 12 pts
Those were the only two who got into double digits. Bryant IS the lakers which is one of the reasons i don't like this team. Fckin ball hog....just look at the box score for their matches and you will see a huge difference from his points and the rest of the teams.

Anyways, great game last night and superb game play by the celts. They did a great job keeping Gasol further away from the rim which helped them greatly with their rebounds.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16362
KG played a great game at both ends of the court as well....a definite TEAM effort by all the Celtics, unlike the one man team Lakers last night....I'm seeing the Celtics starting to come together and click as a team...even the bench is contributing along with their starters now..great passes by Rondo and Pierce....hustle and heads up by KG...Ray Allen playing great D against Bryant who is in a league almost by himself offensively,..Tony Allen and Baby's hustle...alot of contributors to this win..

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4494
VERY difficult for me to picture the Lakers winning the next two right now, regardless of them being in LA. Bynum just isn't healthy, Odom has been basically a no-show, and Artest continues to prove he was a downgrade from Trevor Ariza.

The Celts are far from dominant though. Even last night despite such poor performances from most of the Lakers, they had a chance to be within 3 points with 45 seconds left, but Artest is a f@#$in headcase so of course he clanked 2 free throws.

Hope the Lakers can pull it together for game 6 so we can see an exciting game 7.

I'd put the Celts as maybe a 75% favorite to win the series right now.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22927
Looks like game 7.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4496
For sure. I think game 1 and game 6 have definitely been the most dominant wins for either team, both of them by the Lakers. The Celts just aren't a dominant team. Not especially talented, not especially athletic, they win by out smarting teams and frustrating them with defense. As long as the Lakers don't get caught up in the Celts game and get frustrated, they should win easily.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22928
I'm not a basketball fan, just a drama fan. I like to see all champion series' go the distance.

It's why we watch.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16363
The Celtics just played poorly in game 6, plain and simple....shooting 33% , throwing up bricks, and just an overall poor performance in all ways......but to say that the Celtics are NOT talented and athletic is just IGNORANT!!!.....ya don't make the NBA finals with a non talented and non athletic team...

Pit...I see U go with whatever way the wind happens to blow that day...after the Celtics previous win , u stated they had a 75% chance of winning it all...now after the Lakers win , ya say the Lakers should win it all "easily"

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23645
this is why i don't like to make any predictions before games. at this point talent has nothing to do with it. both teams are in the finals because they have plenty of it.

it all comes down to EFFORT. so far whichever team brought more effort won the game. now i am hoping lakers don't relax just because they won yesterday's game with ease because celtics will not just lay down.

i am hoping for a great game 7 and you know who i am rooting for.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4497
LK, I figured you'd say that. But we're talking about two different things. One being a prediction that I made before everything started, which, as usual, you didn't have the balls to do. And two, game to game analysis of how things are going.

If I was going to place a bet after game 5, yeah I probably would've put money on the Celtics based on how things were going.

You've proven time and time again to be a biased, boneheaded moron when it comes to anything related to Boston sports, and you'd rather sit on the sideline and criticize other people for being less than 100% right, rather than stepping up and making a prediction yourself.

Give us a final score for game 7 LK?
How's the game going to play out?
Who steps up and who is a no show?

Let's hear it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16364
Pitt..You're the one making predictions, not me....U tell us the final score..then U can change it, after the game is over, which seems to be your way..

I'm with chad, whoever wants it the most and steps up, will win, barring any unforeseen injuries or occurrences.....both teams are exceptionally athletic and talented, so lets just see a great exciting game 7, and appreciate the sport of basketball...I will congratulate the team and fans of any team who wins the NBA finals..

BTW..of course I'm a Boston fan, so what?...I still appreciate most all sports regardless of a teams location....and I'm not a 'front runner" like you...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4498

quote:

whoever wants it the most and steps up, will win, barring any unforeseen injuries or occurrences

Way to really go out on a limb there. Gutsy call. lmao.

quote:

I'm not a 'front runner" like you

How exactly am I a front runner? I root for the same teams all year every year. Bears, Bulls, White Sox, Blackhawks. Notice a theme?

Can we get you to back up one of your claims for once?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16366
Congrats Chad and to all the Laker fans...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8097
Yall better thank the whiteboy and his freethrow skillz.

lol

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1633
Congrats on the victory to the Lakers - thank you Phil Jackson

(kobe gets finals mvp - biggest fckin joke)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4499
Was Chad at the game? I SWEAR I saw him in the crowd going nuts after the game when Kobe was standing on the tv tables yelling to the fans. Looked like Chadley!!!

Skullz, Kobe was the finals MVP, hands down. Unless you want to argue that a coach should win it, then I'd go Phil all the way.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16367
Doc Rivers is a class act ,unlike money hungry egomaniac Jackson who never could play the game himself...Doc, retire and go watch your kids play some ball now, U earned it.....

Jackson, go retire and count yer money

Kobe...U ain't all that...U had Shaq and now Gasol and Artest to make you look good..

Artest, your shrink must be a helluva good one, to be thanking for winning the Series...or maybe you're still a fruitcake..

hey refs, nice job ..next time wear some sunglasses and keep that LA glitter out of yer eyes....yep foul shots still do win games..

Hey KG., did ya know there was a game last night?

Good game Rondo, Pierce, Wallace, Gasol, and Fisher

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4500

quote:

Doc Rivers is a class act ,unlike money hungry egomaniac Jackson who never could play the game himself

How is Phil not a class act? And he did play the game. And even if he hadn't, what does that have to do with coaching? Some of the greatest coaches ever, in any sport, never played pro.

quote:

Kobe...U ain't all that...U had Shaq and now Gasol and Artest to make you look good..

You're clearly bitter, and more importantly, stupid. Kobe isn't all that? Name another player who can break guys down to the left or right, finish at the rim with his left or right hand, shoots well from long range, shoots well from mid range, is a great free throw shooter, tough defender, good rebounder, good passer, has a post up game... I can think of one other, and he was also an arrogant azzhole just like Kobe. His name was Michael Jordan.

quote:

hey refs, nice job ..next time wear some sunglasses and keep that LA glitter out of yer eyes....yep foul shots still do win games..

I'm literally laughing out loud. I knew you wouldn't go long without breaking out the excuses. Maybe you should be mad at your team who was ABSOLUTELY GASSED at the end of the game and started hacking the Lakers on every possession. The Celts put them at the line, not the refs.

LK and the rest of the idiots are going to do two things. Blame the refs, and bash Kobe. Game 7 wasn't about Kobe's bad shooting, and it wasn't about officiating. It was about the one thing that decided EVERY game in this series, the thing that every player and coach for both sides acknowledged was the key to winning before game 7, AND after game 7. REBOUNDING. The team that won the rebounding battle won every single game in this series.

How many boards did Kobe have in game 7? FIFTEEN.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1634
LK you can't say anything about Phil....he is a GREAT coach. Even if he didn't play - he was won 11 rings. That says something.

I think Phil should not retire yet. He should go for another year to coach and continue the three-peat.

Lakers WERE the better team last night. And I guess its true - celts choke in 4th quarter more than anything lol.

Finals Most Valuable Player - Kobe Bryant
Most Valuable Flopper - Ron Artest

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23646
anyone can say whatever but at the end of the day its kobe bryant and the lakers getting another ring.

i'm not gonna sit here and type out all the stuff to defend the lakers about the comments made by LK. not worth my time cause you are irrelevant.

one funny comment in the press conference yesterday though. doc rivers said their starting line up still hasn't lost the playoff series. ahahahahahahaha okay doc. so i guess that means if bynum wasn't injured in 08 then lakers would be enjoying their 3 peat this year. lol. yeah real classy guy there.

anyways i'm done. i am loving every moment of this. here's a little current history.

07 patriots go undefeated (16-0) lose in SB,.. 09 redsox swept by angels 1st round,.... 09-10 bruins, up 3-0, lose 3-4,.... and 09-10 celtics? wel you know..... from "title town" to 'choke town"! BOSTON SUCKS! BOSTON SUCKS! LOLOLOOLOOLOL!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4501

quote:

doc rivers said their starting line up still hasn't lost the playoff series.

I saw that as well. I wasn't going to bring it up cause I think Doc is a decent guy. But I agree, if ANYONE lacked class, it may have been him with that comment. You just don't say that right after the game. Even if a reporter asked him about the Perkins injury, he needed to say "doesn't matter, no excuses, we didn't get it done".

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22938
I was amazed that the Lakers won after the start Boston had.

Like Pit said rebounds were critical, and the Lakers took advantage of it.

Shame what LA fans did to its' own city after the win but what do you expect lol?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4502

quote:

Shame what LA fans did to its' own city after the win but what do you expect lol?

Couldn't agree more. I've never understood this. Or should I say, I UNDERSTAND it perfectly, but I'm disgusted by it. Alcohol plus the mob mentality of human nature. Idiots. Throw a party, dance in the streets, have a drink, bang your girlfriend... plenty of non-destructive ways to celebrate.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22958
And this is what happens when they win? It's just.......a shame.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23647
yeah its crazy over here. but still nothing compared to what happened after the phillies won the world series.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23648
but what is really embarassing is the looting. this is just wrong. stupid LA people. damn.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23649
this is during the la riots in 92 with the rodney king incident. people will find all kinds of excuse to loot.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22960
Yeah it can get bad everywhere there is opportunity. I remember in Camden, NJ during an annual ritual "Halloween mischief night" they would set fire to their own city. Just lunatics. Then the next morning when they are crying for food and water in front of the cameras they act innocent. They burned down their own city and wonder why the Quickie mart isn't open the next day?

Animals them all. I vividly remember vids of the Katrina disaster when even the cops were looting. Not stealing water or food but tvs and sneakers. Same attitude, everyone else is doing it so why not?

One guy was selling baby food he stole for $10 a jar. How $#!@ing sick is that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us