Starting a game room

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3510
Me and a friend started fixing up my basement this weekend and figured Id post some pics. Im excited and wanted to share.

Started out as a storage place. Sh!t everywhere. Pics from after we cleaned the crap out to how it sits now. (some are from the camera phone, sorry for the crappy quality)
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Didnt get a shot of the finished table. Still need to get a TV, bar chairs, radio/ipod player, put the ceiling in and a bunch of other stuff but we quit working today seeing as we had to try the pool table out once it got put up.

If anyone is trying to sell a TV or anything that would go good in a "man cave" let me know.

Hoping to have the second best one, next to Paul.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22134
Dude you have a pool table! That beats the sh1t out of my game room lol.

If you were close enough I would sure as hell build your bar.

I've built 4 to date.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3511
Yeah. Its a 9' Gandy table. I'm in love. Haha. Its a little over 600sq ft so we have some room to play. Once we find more stuff, the weight machine and desk will be moved to the back part of the basement but it looked way too empty without them there now.

I want a bar so bad but its in my parents house and they arent drinkers and wouldnt be down for one

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10826
that is one sweet man-cave. got an air mattress?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22135
I've had my home appraised several times and I was told my bar added 4-5 grand to the value of my home. I'm also friends with peeps who spent $40,000 on their bar project and got a great bar, just not 40 Gs worth IMO. I have pics if interested BTW.

Dude I LOVE shooting pool and to have a table in my house would be sweet!

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3512
Air mattress? My bed is right up stairs and if its that important Ill throw the cover on the table and go at it Upload

Once I purchase my own house I will have a bar in it but not now :-(

Luckily my parents will be outta town for the next three weekends so Ill get to go ahead and throw a few parties and see how my friends like everything

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1413
sweeeet setup so far Andrew!

get a pinball machine!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15977
a pool table is a must

a game room will be shweeeet ! ...i have plans to do 1 so friends can come over & hang

u can custom build 1 of those arcade machines with the real arcade joysticks\ buttons & use a pc with MAME ..there are projects with it online so u can DIY & nothing beats the feel & memories of a big machine ...

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3513
No pin ball... Dad really wants a Galaga machine but before we can do any of that we've gotta get a TV and some kinda music down there!

Anyone have suggestions on a TV?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1417
This is a pretty good deal

Refurb:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4975139&SRCCODE=CNETFEED&cm_mmc_o=2mHCjC2WHaCjCVqHCjCdwwp

This one is new:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A2863297&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003762

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1418
really cheap mount for that tv

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RECESSED-PASS-THRU-WALL-PLATE-FOR-LCD-HDMI-RCA-CABLE_W0QQi temZ180468951253QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a04c9a8d5#ht_102 6wt_940

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=182-322

And if you going to run the wires thru the wall - theres a recessed plate.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22139
I so badly want a megatouch for my gameroom/bar. You see them in restaurants/bars and such on the counter. 100's of games built in and a sure fire hit with everyone. Problem is they are like 5 Gs new. Even used they are $1500+. I did find a 10 year old unit locally for like $500 or so, but I'm not looking for a relic lol.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1419
http://www.mancavesite.org/default.htm

for ideas

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3514
One of my friends at ECU has a mega touch and it is GREAT! I play the one at Applebees ALL the time. Hers is an old one and still works great. After 10pm it has adult games ;-)

Good site skullz. bout to look around some

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5615
Looks awesome Andrew, but when I look at those pics I am thinking how could anyone possibly play that Pearl drum kit set up like that? The drums are all different levels and far apart, and almost vertical, as are the cymbals... strange.

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3515
With my knee busted up I cant play so when we moved it I just made it look half way decent. Hard to set it up right when I cant bend my knee to sit up on the bass drum. Thats one thing I really miss though. Putting on head phones and playing seems to take me away from everything and lets me forget all the sh!t thats going on and since Ive been outta work for a month, I really need it now

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5617
I don't think I ever heard how you hurt your knee?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5618
Sorry to hear about your troubles bro.

If it matters, this is how that kit should be set up:

Upload

Gold Member

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3517
I actually set mine up a little different than normal anyway. I prefer the toms to be rolled down a little more, the floor tom rolled down a lot more and the snare flat, but sitting low in my cr0tch. Just more comfortable me. As for the cymbals, I love having the splash at an extreme angle. But no, that setup I have now is not close to how I play normally

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1210
anything new u get for the gameroom?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us