NFL Draft

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4303
Discuss...

1. ESPN is reporting that the Rams are leaning towards taking Sam Bradford at #1. If they do, I think it'll go down as an all time fail. They should be taking Suh without thinking twice about it. Or I guess I could understand trading the first pick to acquire multiple first round D/O Linemen. I think this is going to be a bad draft year for the top quarterbacks. None of them drive me crazy. Although Dan Lefevour is a major late round sleeper in my book.

2. Who do you think is overrated? Underrated?

3. Who do you want your team to draft?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10912
i wish i paid more attention to College Football, well i guess i should say, i wish i had Saturdays off from work, so i COULD pay more attention to college football. Because i would love to talk about the draft, but i don't know many of the players getting drafted, and i don't know anything about them. lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5640
The Rams should take Jimmy Clausen. He and Golden Tate carried a horrible ND team for three years, and he has all the tools to become the next Drew Brees.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4304
I don't know, that last ND QB was supposed to be pretty good too and he hasn't impressed me at the pro level. I think Endonkeykong Shoe is a guaranteed pro bowl end for years to come. Clausen, Bradford, McCoy... I don't like any of them enough to consider them with the first pick.

I guess it comes down to the classic draft debate, do you draft for the position you need most, or the best player. To me the answer is simple, it's a balance of both. In this case I think Suh is special enough that I'd take him #1 regardless of need.

What do you guys think of Tebow? I'm VERY interested to see how his career plays out. He's being projected as a mid rounder... but I can't see him slipping thru the second round. Honestly I won't be surprised if he goes in the first even. SOMEONE is going to take him just based on intangibles.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2544
First of all, they rams said they couldnt justify spending 1st round money on a DL for the 3rd time in 4 years. I saw that report ESPN, i think they will be getting a great QB in Bradford, hes amazing. Better than Clausen.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4305
Bradford throws like a girl.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10913

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6378
First of all, Ehren, Ndamukong Suh is a DT, not an end, but he I agree 100% when you say he should be taken first overall. In my opinion, anybody who spends 1st pick money on Clausen or Bradford (especially Bradford considering his health issues) is an absolute idiot. Clausen is NOT a winner. I love the Brady Quinn comparison, but the difference is Brady actually won games at ND. He didn't have an amazing team, either; he was just better! He set the ND single season record for passing yards, TDs, attempts, and completions throwing to a pitcher and a blocking tight end. Clausen had an the most underrated, and possibly the best, receiving core from last year in Michael Floyd (imagine if he wouldn't have gotten hurt the 3rd game of the season) and Golden Tate (reppin' Good Pasture, TN, baby!). Hell, I could throw bombs to those guys.

Anyway, I digress. You gotta take Suh or McCoy at number one, otherwise trade the pick. Those guys hold A LOT of value with other teams and 2 later first rounders would most certainly help the Rams more than any single player (sans Mike Vick, but they'll get him in free agency--Sorry Ehren). The thing people are quick to forget is that Suh has had 2 major knee surgeries, and although he seems to have recovered just fine, it is something you have to take into consideration.

As for Tebow, I think he'll go late first, early second. He has dominated the combine, displaying the athleticism everyone knew he had (and more), but it remains to be seen how the new delivery is going to work. Having followed the guy for 5 years, I know he will work harder than ANY player in this draft, bar none, to be the best he can possible be. He will strive for greatness on every snap whether it be on the practice squad or in the Super Bowl. That sounds cheesy, but Tebow is cheesy. His personality doesn't lend to his style of play, which is rare, but incredibly helpful in his situation. Even if the guy never achieves success at QB--which I think he will--he is more than athletic enough to play multiple other positions and be the face of a franchise. He needs to find a good fit where he can sit under a veteran for a few years until he is ready to take the reins. Think Aaron Rodgers (I think Minnesota would be an incredible fit for Tebow, by the way), he sat behind Brett for 4 years learning the system and being groomed by a top 10 QB all time (it pains me to say that); now, he is dominant. It all just depends for Tim, really. Of course, I hope he finds the right fit and succeeds, but nothing is guaranteed. That being said, I like his chances due to his iron-willed worked ethic, passion for success, both personal and team, and his unparalleled leadership ability. Add that to his natural gifts and I think he is one of the safer picks available in the later 1st, early to mid 2nd rounds. At least you know you drafted a good character guy who has a TON of upside and will work his tail off to reach that potential, no?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4308

quote:

Ndamukong Suh is a DT, not an end

Correct, brainfart. Gerald Mccoy is a beast as well. Funny thing is, people are looking at this as a weak draft because the lack of talent (or at least perceived lack of talent; only time will tell) at QB, RB, and WR, but a lot of the best scouts are saying the opposite. I've read that many of them are calling it the best draft in 20 years, saying that there has never been a draft this stacked with studs on offensive and defensive line.

quote:

sans Mike Vick, but they'll get him in free agency--Sorry Ehren

lol I don't know why you referenced my name there. Anyways, that isn't going to happen. Mike Vick is going to stay where he is next season, in Philly both in terms of his team, and his job description. He'll be right where he belongs, on the bench most of the time as a 2nd, or more likely, 3rd string quarterback.

He'll probably get a chance to start somewhere eventually, where he'll make amazing plays here and there, but be an overall average quarterback who doesn't take his team anywhere.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6379
"lol I don't know why you referenced my name there. Anyways, that isn't going to happen. IN MY OPINION Mike Vick is going to stay where he is next season, in Philly both in terms of his team, and his job description. He'll be right where he belongs, on the bench most of the time as a 2nd, or more likely, 3rd string quarterback.

He'll probably get a chance to start somewhere eventually, where he'll make amazing plays here and there, but be an overall average quarterback who doesn't take his team anywhere"

There. I fixed it for you, man. No thanks needed.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4309
Was it not a given that we were expressing our opinions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6380
I'm just ribbin' ya, man. What do you think about Tebow though, man?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4311
That's rude. I don't go around ribbin you about your awkward comma usage, man.

I think it's silly that so-called draft experts are projecting him as a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd be happy if my team grabbed him in the second round. I think he's doing the right thing by trying to overhaul his throwing mechanics, it just has to be done. A year or two of development, and he should be able to accelerate that release, and be more accurate. And he just needs to practice taking NFL snaps. I do think he needs some time though. If he were going to start as a rookie I think it'd be a disaster.

As a quarterback, with Tebow you already know you're getting way above average athleticism, mobility, and toughness. Off the field, you can rest assure you're getting one of only a handful of guys that are drafted each year, who will be truly 100% dedicated to reaching their full potential. You know he'll work his azz off, and study his azz off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2545
Still going back to the Ram's statement about not wanting to spend 1st round money on a D-end for the 3rd time in 4 years. That fact keeps sticking out in my mind, I dont want Bradford to go to the Rams, they suck. lol. But i suppose the shitty teams get the best pick, unless like you said they trade it away. If a DT is taken in the first 2 picks, that will put Bradford and Clausen closer to to the 6-10 range IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6381
Its called proper grammar, Ehren. Have you ever heard of direct address? I might have been under the influence of something last night, though; hence, my repetitive usage of "man," lmao...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4314
I've heard of direct address. Have you heard of the apostrophe that is missing from the first word in your last post? Clearly we're all writing in a casual, conversational way. Yourself included since you do things like replace the last letter in "ribbing" with an apostrophe to have it read more like how you would actually say it. If you're going for "proper grammar", you would know that using an apostrophe like that isn't acceptable in formal writing.

Direct address in informal, conversational writing usually just makes your sentences read awkwardly.

"I'm just ribbin' ya man." - Reads the way one would actually say it.

"I'm just ribbin' ya, man." - Say that out loud, would you really say it that way?

It just seems odd to me. If you prefer to do it that way, by all means, more power to ya.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10919
What is taking place at this current juncture my homebodies?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6383
Once again, Ehren, that's your opinion. Sorry I like to use grammar in both formal and informal situations; I guess that comes with majoring in English. Honestly, I've just become accustomed to writing in a formal style (grammatically anyway), but I don't feel I need to use "formal" words in order to use proper grammar. As for "its," that was simply a typo... Er, I mean typographical error. I Didn't want to offend you with informal speech. I'm sure my use of contractions already has you up in arms, though. Damn, I suppose I shouldn't use informal sayings, either... Oh well, I guess I can't win.

Haha, it's whatever though, man. I wasn't trying to argue with you, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to call me out on "awkward comma usage." If we are writing informally then why did you even bring grammar up? Kind-of hypocritical of you. Re-read what you just posted; maybe, you'll see what I'm talking about. Even when I tried to ignore your jab with a joke you felt the need to further ridicule me, so do what you do. Obviously you're looking for an argument, but I am not interested. I thought this thread was supposed to be about the NFL Draft?

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10924

*cranks up some death metal*

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10925
i am by no means on either person's side in this. it's just that there aren't any other active threads soooo. lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4315

quote:

Once again, Ehren, that's your opinion.

We already went over this. That is a given.

quote:

Sorry I like to use grammar in both formal and informal situations; I guess that comes with majoring in English.

Apology accepted.

quote:

Honestly, I've just become accustomed to writing in a formal style (grammatically anyway), but I don't feel I need to use "formal" words in order to use proper grammar.

Sounds reasonable.

quote:

As for "its," that was simply a typo... Er, I mean typographical error.

Happens to the best of us.

quote:

I Didn't want to offend you with informal speech.

You didn't.

quote:

I'm sure my use of contractions already has you up in arms, though.

F@#$ING CONTRACTIONS MAKE ME SO ANNNNGGGRRRYYYY!!!!

quote:

Damn, I suppose I shouldn't use informal sayings, either... Oh well, I guess I can't win.

You poor, poor thing.

quote:

Haha, it's whatever though, man.

Valid point.

quote:

I wasn't trying to argue with you

You fired the first two bullets by my count.

quote:

I'm not sure why you felt the need to call me out on "awkward comma usage."

A man has his needs.

quote:

If we are writing informally then why did you even bring grammar up?

If we're all giving our opinions why do you feel the need to repeatedly tell me that mine is in fact my opinion, which we all already know?

quote:

Kind-of hypocritical of you.

You're taking this more seriously than I am...

quote:

Re-read what you just posted; maybe, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Responding to your most recent post is enough work for now, I hardly feel like investing time in RE-reading my own posts.

quote:

Even when I tried to ignore your jab with a joke you felt the need to further ridicule me, so do what you do.

Ridicule you? Really?

quote:

Obviously you're looking for an argument, but I am not interested.

None of this, he wants? Hrmmm.

quote:

I thought this thread was supposed to be about the NFL Draft?

Reps for observational skills.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10930
this only gets better with time.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10931
how long did it take you to manufacture that post Ehren? lol geezus there is some craftsmanship in there. i could only imagine what the html looked like in your post-box before it was all formatted and posted here!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4317
Not long at all Mud.

Step 1. Copy and paste Reece's post.

Step 2. Go to the end of each sentence, and hit enter twice.

Step 3. Type /quote{, copy it, and paste it at the beginning of each sentence.

Step 4. Put the closing bracket } at the end of each sentence.

Step 5. Write honest, first reaction responses in between each conveniently spaced sentence.

Step 6. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350F, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10934
LMAO

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4328

quote:

sans Mike Vick, but they'll get him in free agency

Eagles picked up his option. Think the Rams will trade for him Reece?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6384
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
Once again, Ehren, that's your opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We already went over this. That is a given.

quote:
Sorry I like to use grammar in both formal and informal situations; I guess that comes with majoring in English.

Apology accepted.

quote:
Honestly, I've just become accustomed to writing in a formal style (grammatically anyway), but I don't feel I need to use "formal" words in order to use proper grammar.

Sounds reasonable.

quote:
As for "its," that was simply a typo... Er, I mean typographical error.

Happens to the best of us.

quote:
I Didn't want to offend you with informal speech.

You didn't.

quote:
I'm sure my use of contractions already has you up in arms, though.

F@#$ING CONTRACTIONS MAKE ME SO ANNNNGGGRRRYYYY!!!!

quote:
Damn, I suppose I shouldn't use informal sayings, either... Oh well, I guess I can't win.

You poor, poor thing.

quote:
Haha, it's whatever though, man.

Valid point.

quote:
I wasn't trying to argue with you

You fired the first two bullets by my count.

quote:
I'm not sure why you felt the need to call me out on "awkward comma usage."

A man has his needs.

quote:
If we are writing informally then why did you even bring grammar up?

If we're all giving our opinions why do you feel the need to repeatedly tell me that mine is in fact my opinion, which we all already know?

quote:
Kind-of hypocritical of you.

You're taking this more seriously than I am...

quote:
Re-read what you just posted; maybe, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Responding to your most recent post is enough work for now, I hardly feel like investing time in RE-reading my own posts.

quote:
Even when I tried to ignore your jab with a joke you felt the need to further ridicule me, so do what you do.

Ridicule you? Really?

quote:
Obviously you're looking for an argument, but I am not interested.

None of this, he wants? Hrmmm.

quote:
I thought this thread was supposed to be about the NFL Draft?

Reps for observational skills.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time using HTML, but my initial response is that you have way too much time on your hands, you care way too much about sounding clever on a message board, and sarcasm isn't your forte (I understand you were attempting to use it in your post). Nevertheless, I'm sure your e-friends are impressed.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4334

quote:

Sorry, I'm not going to waste my time using HTML, but my initial response is that you have way too much time on your hands, you care way too much about sounding clever on a message board, and sarcasm isn't your forte (I understand you were attempting to use it in your post). Nevertheless, I'm sure your e-friends are impressed.

That is insulting to HTML, myself, and my peers on ecoustics.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5707
The Rams cut Bulger which means they will almost for sure take Bradford #1. Big mistake. Take Suh or trade down for a high first and second and grab Clausen and a massive o-lineman. But their new line is better than decent, and they may be better off grabbing a def stud with that second pick. I doubt they trade though... all of their moves so far have pointed at them wanting Bradford all along. But let's face it, the Rams are one horrible football team and probably will be for a couple more years. Suh would be the anchor they need in the middle.

But I am telling you... I have watched Jimmy Clausen alot in person, and he is the most accurate passer I have ever seen, college or pro. He has size, speed and a strong arm. And most importantly, he is a very smart and strong-minded kid who will get better every month with pro teaching. In the end -- I strongly believe that Clausen will be a better pro than Bradford. And, my name is Bradford and my dad's name was Sam. Trust me... I am pulling for him too.

One time outside the locker room... Jimmy was throwing the moves on Peyton, hard -- I went up to him and said dude, lay off, I have been with her for almost three years. He said "yeah, but, you're not Jimmy Clausen, but it's all good bro." LMAO... I looked at him and just said, touche, and we laughed. Liked the guy ever since, he is a straight up dude with amazing skills and will be an awesome pro. He played on a horrid team with no O-line and no running game. He proved his toughness last season for sure. Anyways, that's my take.

I can't wait for this draft for some reason... I am pumped more than any draft in years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2560
Boomer Sooner. 3 of 4 ain't bad for Oklahoma

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11140
Tebow went to the Broncos. Denver Omelletes

Gold Member

Post Number: 6403
Lovin' Tebow to the Broncos and that Jimmy is still on the board.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4416

quote:

I am telling you... I have watched Jimmy Clausen alot in person, and he is the most accurate passer I have ever seen, college or pro. He has size, speed and a strong arm. And most importantly, he is a very smart and strong-minded kid who will get better every month with pro teaching. In the end -- I strongly believe that Clausen will be a better pro than Bradford.

Want a pillow for that dream?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2561
Bradford>Clausen. Accuracy, strength, smarts, and pocket presence.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6404
On the other hand, their doucheyness goes hand in hand. Bradford doesn't seem to be a douche like ClausenJimmy was throwing the moves on Peyton, hard -- I went up to him and said dude, lay off, I have been with her for almost three years. He said "yeah, but, you're not Jimmy Clausen, but it's all good bro."

I find that more douchey than cool, but that's just me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us