Went by Best Buy today

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 769
A friend of mine was looking to buy a tv today so I went with him to help lend some advice. While I was there I noticed they're now selling Kicker in the car audio department. I went by and talked to the guy and he said they dropped RF in place of Kicker. I guess from a busniess stand point thats a good move for them. Im sure the Kickers will sell nicely for them.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11181
i went by best buy yesterday to look at their floor models of HU's to see if they had the ones i was browsing online the past 2 days. They have a lot of lower end garbage their still, but i was surprised to see 2 Kicker CVR's playing in a sealed box, sounded really good. I think Kicker was a good move too, RF just isnt getting it.

They just have so much cool stuff in Best Buy, i could live in there, and sleep in that chair by the tv's.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16342
cant really see going from RF to kicker as a better brand - same level imho ...

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11089
They have sold kicker stuff since forever ago. Al least the stores around here do. All the noobs love it.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 777
The noobs buying it is what makes me think it is a good move from a business stand point. Best Buy doesn't care what kind of subs theyre selling as long as its making them money. People who dont know any better, spread the word that kickers are the best, simply because of how loud they get, etc. We see those kinds of threads on here all the time. I think if someone goes in there and buys Kicker and plays it in their car, it is going to be more impressive to them than the RF line of subs would. However, if that is the case and they start selling a lot of Kicker in the area, that just means more business for Kicker the company. I really wish someone in this area would support brands like Fi, Audioque or Digital Designs.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11185
All of those companies are outstanding, but good luck trying to convince a 17 year old kid that 1 15" is gonna last longer and sound better/louder than 4 12"s from Best Buy for the Same Price. lol

thats the way of the beast in Car Audio, its the biggest name with the least expensive equipment that performs half-way decent.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2567
I work at best buy here in Oklahoma in Edmond, im actually head of the car audio department, we have sold alot of product in the last 2 weeks since kicker came into Oklahoma City Best Buy's, its helped out alot.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11911
^^Thus proving they hire any old noob at Best Buy.

Just kidding Chase

Gold Member

Post Number: 2569
Oh Yanks, youre hilarious hahaha. The scary part is i know more than our "certified" installers lol.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11191
Do you get to carry a clipboard?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2570
no, i wish haha

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5200
Hm. I seem to recall seeing RF products when I was at my local Best Buy a week or two ago.

Replacing RF with Kicker is probably a good move with how popular Kicker's subwoofers are. The amps aren't bad, either, but I definitely prefer RF amplifiers over Kicker. Kind of a shame in a way (to me personally), but the law of supply and demand reigns supreme.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us