Holmes on Homes ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16083
its a show on HGTV i recently started looking at since its interesting

man ! the really bad crappy work he sometimes has to go fix & not to mention the dont have a clue home owners who hired ppl that does not know wtf they were doing

seems like he does a really nice proper job though ...

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1495
i seen this show once - its not bad at all.

Its just there is usually better stuff on tv to watch when this show is on lol.

But ya...a lot of ppl that work on the houses really seem to fug them up real bad.
Can it really be that bad though? Does every episode have the same problem? The home owners hire someone and the contractors they hire ALWAYS mess up the house and leave the home owners hangning?
Is that how all the episodes are?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Fck your sht

Post Number: 11016
i don't even know if i have HGtv....hmmm. lol

i'll have to look into it. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5213
When I first seen the show I thought he was just a big crybaby, But after doing some research and watching a few more shows, I feel he cares a lot about ppl and making thier homes safe and completing jobs that were unfinished or poorly done.

Yes, the shows concept is "make it right", But you got to ask, what was the building inspector doing? He is ultimatly responsable in ensuring that all work is completed to code. So when he finds stuff wrong, not only is the contracter at fault, but the inspecter should be liable as well.

Also, he pays for the work to be done with the help of a charity he has.
He is a very caring person imo.

And that chick Pinky he has working for him is pretty cute as well.
I wonder why the call her pinky?

But I like his show. He is also in the process of starting up a home inspection service company.

Another good one is renavation realities. The lols are great. Average ppl trying to do stuff to thier homes and havent a clue.

And lastly, This old house is great as well.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3081
new yankee workshop pwns all.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22456
Many a Saturday I sat and watched Norm pump out quality wood projects on that show. What's painfully clear to all us wannabes is all the donated power tools he has to work with. I mean he has EVERYTHING. What he might not have is only a phone call away too. I wouldn't hesitate to guess he has $250,000 worth of equipment you see. He also has the magical ability of editing out any mistakes he makes. It's his show so what do you expect lol?

Oh and BTW, Bob Villa sucked a big one on This Old House.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11026
Tim "the tool man" Taylor.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16086
ok lets not stray ...

i saw only about 5 episodes so far & from what i have seen in each case : the home owners had hired some "reputable" contractor who are supposed to do good quality work but they did crappy work sooo 1\2 @ssed to the point that the owner notices it & calls in holmes .

seems like the contractors sometimes convince the unsuspecting home owners that oh u dont need a permit for that or we will handle it or it will cost too much to get permits ..so they get the go ahead & eventually sh1t gets noticed & now holmes have to come undo all the shoddy sometimes dangerous work & do over things by the book like how it shud have been done in the 1st place

its nice show to watch as an alternative to alot of crap that shows on tv

i might actually torrent & DL it since that wud be more convenient for me when i have time to watch it ...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5221
Canada has a lot of cowboys by the looks of it.
Did you see the one where the build a house for Katrina victims?
There is actually a new one on right now. He is fixing a bathroom.

Theres a show in England that confronts the contractors, Kinda funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saKaKKZadg4

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16102
after i saw u post this it reminded me so i caught the rerun which was 3hrs later

was a pretty decent episode & he did over that new bathroom really good ...the guy has the conscience & knowledge to do the job properly & is excellent at what he does ...

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1501
i see a new season of Holmes on Homes in starting...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us