Surrogates, Louis C.K. & Doug Stanhope

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FL

Post Number: 10897
Watched Surrogates last night, i really enjoyed the whole sci-fi aspect. the story was good but nothing special. Really cool concept and special effects. 7/10

Louis C.K. - Chewed Up. this was a stand up special by Louis C.K., f*cking hilarious!!!! the beginning was alright, but it gets way funnier, i havent laughed that hard in a while. he is very raunchy, and violent. lol

Doug Stanhope - No Refunds. This is his "stand-up" but its really more of him giving his opinion about everything, which turns out to be both funny and enlightening, it starts off slow, but if you like his grumpy humor, there are several laughs in this one.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10898
im starting up The Hurt Locker right now!!!!!!

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10899
holy sh1t, The Hurt Locker was an outstanding movie!!!
10/10 in my book.

awesome introspective into the lives and emotions of a few young men in the field. the movie is perfectly crafted, and will leave you asking wtf is going to happen next all the time.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13560
I saw surrogates it was a decent movie...the rest I never heard of

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1778
If you want to laugh your azz off watch The Onion Movie. One of my all time favorite comedy movies.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16129
Surrogates...I'll give it a 3, had to walk away after 30-45 minutes..couldn't stand it anymore...was just plain silly, but not a comical...worse movie ever seen Bruce Willis do..

Hurt Locker...give that one a 6-7...good flick, lil above average, but definitely nothing great or special ...typical average war flick..nothing compared to other war flicks like Saving Private Ryan or Apocolypse now..

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4298
I love stand up. There are soooo many good comedians out there right now. Some awful ones too... dane cook.... but some great ones!

Aziz Ansari. The full special on this one is really good

Nick Swardson is hilarious.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16134
Just seen Bill Mahars new HBO stand up comedy act...a must see...loved it

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1459
holy sh!t....i never knew aziz did stand up. I just saw a bunch of his sh!t and hes fcking hillarious!

Gonna check out Nick next.

Thanks Ehren!

Ive seen some Bill Mahar before- pretty funny

Chris Rock is freakin hillarious as well if you havn't seen any of his stand up.

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10900
Dane Cook is hilarious!
a lot of his humor is vulgar, and random. his older stuff is the best.

i really like George Carlin, Lewis Black, Brian Regan, i could name a billion.

One i can't stand is Lisa Lampanelli, stupid b1tch.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4299
More Aziz.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22259
You have to have a taste for Chris Rock. I think he's funny as hell but some think he takes jokes against his own race too far. Whatever. It got him where he is.

Dane Cook is another. He's got the nervous stage energy like Robin Williams has and it works for him.

George Carlin is a legend and that's where he'll always stand.

Lewis Black is a pioneer as well. Seen him in Atlantic City and his political humor is just as funny live as anywhere. I think he's due for an on stage heart attack though lol. Ok, not funny if he actually has one now.

Bill Mahar? Does nothing for me. Why some of these peeps have their own show just baffles me.

I know this is a sexist statement but oh well.......I have yet to honestly laugh at any female stand up. I think they simply don't have the stage presence like the guys do. Roseanne, Rita Rudner, Janeane Garafalo, Ellen, just flat out are a bust with me. Yes they do fill seats but I just don't know how.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4300
why don't you try making four beats a day for two summers!!!

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10901
Aziz is hilarious!!

you know who else i think is funny, only in his stand-up, his show isn't that funny to me. Daniel Tosh. i laughed so hard when i watched him on Netflix the other night.

i will have to Netflix Aziz and see if i can find anything. lol

"all im saying is i could have f*cked that kid" LMAO

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5637
Louis CK is awesome. And check out Pablo Francisco, he is the best IMO next to Chris Rock.

Dane Cook? You're kidding right? That guy is the biggest joke-stealing dickbag out there. All he does is a bunch of "you ever notice" jokes and then makes faces and contorts his body for laughs. Most of the crowd at his shows are girls that think he is hot that dragged their guys along. Dane blows and all the major comedians hate him.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4301
Ahhh I forgot about Pablo!!! He and Gabriel Iglesias come to mind as two of the best when it comes to voices, impressions, and just verbal animation in general. They're great.

lol I'm pretty sure I named one of my ecoustics fantasy teams "little tortilla boys" a couple years back when I first saw Pablo.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4302
I'm not gonna be able to go to sleep now...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22264
"Hercules Hercules"

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10907
Pablo does the best voices, and Gabriel Iglesias has the best stories!!
Frank Caliendo does some amazing impressions, but nothing he says is really all that funny to me, Other than the impression itself.

Brad, i was just wondering why none of the other comics like Dane Cook? he seems like an alright guy to me. ALSO, keep laying down the names of comedians, guys, i am adding a lot of new sh1t to my netflix, i want to see all of these guys!!!!!
thanks

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5639
link
link
link

Platinum Member

FL

Post Number: 10911
geez, thats pretty shady, not cool at all.

I recognized Louis C.K.'s voice right away in your third link, then read your second link and they matched right up, that is total b.s., and i have lost just about all respect for Dane Cook. lol mindfucked

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11834
Pablo and Gabriel are two of my favorite comedians without a doubt. The voice impressions and stories Gabriel does are hilarious. I hate Dane Cook with a passion. That Boston, tea bag dumping d0uche is an awful comedian. Dave Chappelle is still one of my favorites. His TV show and stand up routines were too funny. Jim Gaffigan is pretty funny. I saw him live about 2 years ago I guess and that was one of the funniest nights of my life.

One of my favorite 30 minute stand ups I've seen was Dav Davidoff on Comedy Central. I don't know if anyone else has seen his or not but dammit, it was awesome lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22265
Never knew that about Cook. I saw a few of his on stage performances but it certainly looks like he robs the bank.

In perspective though think about all those late night talk show jokes you hear so many of................any of them. Do you laugh? Do you think THEY actually write them? Sometimes it's about the delivery.

No comparison I know because at least those writers are getting paid for it and everyone knows the deal. To openly steal someone else's work to advance your career without proper compensation to the writer is..........what it is, wrong.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us