Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10743
SAID THEY GON' BEAT THEM SAINTS!!!!!!!

Suck a d1ck, Manning. :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22049
Lol. Like I said they needed to have 0 turnovers and keep Manning off the field to win.

Guess what?

They did.

That and the back breaking interception by Manning sealed the deal.

Congrats New Orleans.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10745
They deserved it. They played extremely aggressive and it paid off.

I'm surprised the cops haven't stopped by to check on us at my friend's house. When Porter picked off that pass you would have thought i saw Jesus. lmao

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22050
Gutsy call with the onside kick!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4225
Paul, they didn't really keep Peyton off the field. Time of possession was basically an even split, and the Colts actually ran more offensive plays. This game really came down to one play. THE play. If it weren't for Porter's picksix, the Colts probably tie the game and who knows what would've happened.

Good for the Saints, I'm happy for them and I'm happy for the people of Nawlins.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3497
Great game. I was sitting beside a guy who lost $5,000 tonight... Hes lost $20,000 over the last 3 Super Bowls. Went to the bar to talk sh!t but kinda felt bad for the guy.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22051
Pit, he went an hour without playing an offensive play over the halftime break, and that will effect any QB. That and coupled with the score at halftime shook all their cages. I must say that this game, shoot any game, that pivots off one turnover is indeed anyone's game. Peyton threw on target all the time, minus said interception. There were dropped passes on both sides.

Agreed the Saints just played a helluva game and did what they needed to win.

Did ANYONE think the saints would win by 14????

Bookies are running for cover tonight.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4226
He also went two weeks without playing, and started the game driving for a field goal and then a TD. He came out for their first drive of the third quarter looking good and completing passes. To say that the Saint's "kept Manning off the field", just isn't accurate to me. The Colts had the ball for 29/60 minutes, ran more plays than the Saints, and threw for over 300 yards. I thought the delay in real time was 100% irrelevant.

The interception was the game IMO. It was a nice play by Porter. I don't really think Peyton choked, I don't think his cage was shook. It's just a testament to how fragile the game is, and one split second bad decision can change everything.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3046
i may be taking a trip to Bourbon Street soon.

just look at it now

h ttp://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22052
The Colts started out just as expected, winning. Then the Saints did just what they did all year, somehow pulling it off.

I'm not defending a prediction because I predicted the Colts to win.

I'm just happy I was wrong, like millions of others.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10746
yeah, i wouldnt call myself a Saints fan, but i didnt want Manning to win. I am however, a Shockey fan, i know, iim not perfect. lol

it wouldn't have mattered to me who the Colts played, but im glad the Saints one, they have never won before and never BEEN before. good for them! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2533
Shockey... reppin Southern Oklahoma!!!

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1391
Congrats to the Saints - well deserved.

Best team won.

I'm outta $50 lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4227

quote:

Best team won.

Best team... lost in the NFC championship game this year?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15958
Colts were simply outplayed...Manning was never a factor in the 2nd half...Saints were under estimated, epecially their D, and Manning well overrrated...Manning still don't walk on water...I'll take Brady or Brees over Manning any day..Ironically it was the Colts runnin that kept them in this game at all..

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3498
I'm going to Disney World!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11803
Before you go and blame Manning, let's be serious, his wide receivers sure the hell didn't help. Garcon drops one in the middle where it was a foot race around the corner that could have gone for six on a third and four. Instead of a first down at the very least, they punt. Wayne gives up on his route and makes no move at the ball when Peyton threw that pick. Wayne also drops a pass in the endzone over the middle because he was scared to get hit. Dallas Clark was the only receiver Manning has who had a good game. Joey Addai has a fantastic game on the ground. Don't blame Peyton for the loss. The Saints were simply the better team.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4228
Haha I was going to pretty much drop the subject out of fear of looking like a bitter Colts fan, but I agree with almost everything that yankee john said.

For the record, I'm neutral on these teams, I'm a life long Bears fan, and I don't particularly like or dislike either of these teams. But just as a football fan, and someone who's analyzing the game, the Saints were just handed an NFC championship, and a Superbowl championship. Sorry.

The Colts lost this game more than the Saints won it. We're talking about a 5-6 point favorite, who had a 10-0 lead, and lost. Why?

1. Hank Basket failing to make the easiest grab of his life on an onside kick that literally hopped ever so gently right into his hands. This was basically a failed onside kick that gets recovered easily by Hank Basket 95% of the time, he choked. This play energized the Saints for the rest of the game.

2. Completely ineffective, due to injury, Reggie Wayne (A wayyyyy under-publicized story that I didn't even find out about til AFTER the game was played; he injured his knee two days before the game in practice). One of the leagues best route runners couldn't explode or cut for s@#$ yesterday. On the picksix that sealed the game, I don't think he gave up on the route, he just couldn't cut sharply, he was like that all game.

3. No Bob Sanders

4. Completely ineffective Dwight Freeney in the second half due to injury.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22060
Yeah I don't blame Peyton either. Like I said his throws, minus one, were for the most part dead on. Not to mention the crowd belonged to the Saints. Dallas Clark was indeed Peyton's most reliable receiver and that's saying something out of a tight end, especially when you consider how much Peyton loves going down field. Plus that intercep came off an unexpected blitz so yet again another gamble pays off for them. 5 1/2 point underdogs pulling off a 14 point lead/victory even against a Colts team on its' heels is still an awesome story and I plan on re watching the game tonight.

After Zombieland of course.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4229
Funny movie, enjoy pauly!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15960
I'm not blaming the loss solely on Manning...course he's a good QB, but NOT as good as all the hype he was given...

The Saints and Brees were dissed ever since end of the regular season, and all through the playoffs...and Manning became the 2nd coming of JC...well the Saints and Brees weren't given all their playoff victories and the Superbowl...they earned em all...and to say "if the Colts did this or didn't do that", is nonsense, cause all those ifs, can happen any week to any team...it takes a lil luck and consistent weekly play to win any Superbowl...thats why football and most all sports are so great and ya don't see too many repeat consecutive winners.....and this year the Saints were the best football team, regardless of "ifs"...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4230

quote:

course he's a good QB, but NOT as good as all the hype he was given...

Ahhhh so he and Tom Brady have something in common after all!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22061
***Hides under bed***

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4231

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15961
Its all good...lol....no matter what, it was a helluva game...even for us that are fans of other teams...I think we all like exciting games, that may come down to the wire....

and the thing about this game, was that normally if yer team is up by 14 with 2-3 minutes left, ya figure its over...but Manning does usually have a lil extra "magic" the last 2-3 minutes, more so than most QB's...so I think we all were "on edge" awaiting to see that "magic' and how the game would end...and I will say that BOTH the Colts and the Saints deserved to be there, and did really keep us on the edge of our seats til the end..... I kept hearing Yogi Berra in the background saying ....well U know...lol...

BTW,..ya mentioned Brady, well this past year, I dunno who the Pats QB was....he sure ain't the one I seen for the past 6 years or so...sure hope the old Brady shows up next year...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4233
Cause the Patriots fell apart as a team, and Tom Brady's success was largely a product of the success of the team, not the other way around. You wanna talk about a guy being given more credit than he deserves? Tom Brady is that guy.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22063
***Hides under pillow under bed***

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10747
well. i agree with Both of you.

with LK, on the point of "ifs" because they are pointless. What happened, happened, and it could have happened to any team, at any week of the season. Each team did what was necessary to get there, and the better team in that game won. Maybe not. Either way, it still happened. So you can't speculate about what could have happened, cuz they weren't able to do it, and that's why they only play the best out of one...not first to 4. :-)

Also, i agree with PIT (change your name back dammit, Ehren sucks...lmao) about Brady being a Team Player more than a leader. He is a product of his environment, and his environment has deteriorated. Nevertheless, at one point he was the 4th quarter 2-minute drill King. But that time has passed. Maybe he will pull through, or maybe he will just be average until he can get a better foundation upon which to shine from. We will see next year. :-)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4234

quote:

change your name back dammit, Ehren sucks...lmao

That's my real name... :-( Talk to my parents they chose it, not me!

I'm not saying the Saints got lucky. I'm not saying the Saints don't deserve it. I'm not trying to take anything away from them. But certainly, the best team doesn't always win. Especially in football where the playoffs are single elimination, as opposed to having a series of games. IMO the Saints weren't the best team this year. Obviously they got the wins they needed when it counted most, so more power to them. It's just fun to discuss and debate this stuff. It's why we watch!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15962
I agree to with ya about Brady, receiving too much credit this past season...normally most seasons he did pull a rabbit out of his hat and was a team leader and remained "in control", but this past year, we didn't see those great qualities that every great QB must possess.....

Many of us Pats fans saw a different Brady than what we're use to..we saw his frustrations, poor pass timings, fear of running and another injury, some lack of leadership, and general inconsistencies...of course the Pats "D" was almost non existent, creating more pressure on Brady to excel, but that pressure, which usually Brady use to thrive on, seemed to get the better of him this year...so us Pats fans are very concerned about Brady, and which Tom Brady is gonna show up every week... we're also concerned about some decisions made this past year about personnel changes and trades, and free agents etc....along with some coach Belichick's field decisons, that were very "questionable" to say the least, at times... but next year is another season , so time fer some baseball...I got my season Red Sox tickets, so I'm a happy camper....can't wait to see some of the new looks on the Sox and in baseball in general..

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10749
i know its ur real name!!! thats why i said it sucks as a joke. lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6375
Brady = System. Cassell, a first year starter in 2008, put up nearly as good numbers and boasted a better record than Brady did this past year... Brady is good, don't get me wrong, but he's always worked within an incredible system under the best coach in the NFL (regardless of what you think of Belichick personally, he IS the best--Sean Payton may be 1b), and he has always had a great defense behind him...until this year.

I agree with John and Ehren as far as Superbowl comments go. Colts gave it away, but the Saints are more than deserving. The only thing I'll disagree on is the Bob Sanders argument. The guy is great when he's not injured, but he's ALWAYS injured and had been injured all year, so its not fair to say he would have changed the game. They won without him all season, no reason to use him as an excuse when they lose now. It's really sad to see his career unfold like this, though. I don't think he will ever be the player he used to be, and honestly, I'm not sure he's ever going to be healthy enough to be a consistent force on the field. This looks like the beginning of the end of his career, and that sucks. The dude is a monster, he's just fragile.

Speaking of safeties, though, tell me you all saw Darren Sharper get CLOWNED by Addai on a juke move running up the seam. It was nasty. If you missed it, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvLXnoP2Ts

Guess the dude was trying to dodge copyright infringement by putting Jason instead of Joseph in the title?

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10761
i saw that the night of. i said "dayum, that safety just got embarassed on national television!" lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4248
Aaron Rodgers leads the Packers to a Superbowl championship next season. You heard it here first.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10770
Favre chokes again....you heard it here first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us