"iPad" released.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4350
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35085524/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/ ?GT1=43001

Huge @ss iTouch?

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4351
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10705
seems legit, but its biggest claim is to be something in between a smartphone and a computer. both of which i am perfectly happy with. lol

it someone were to hand me one though, i am sure i would have to have one.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13229
Starting at 499

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4270
I don't see a reason why anyone would want or need that.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21955
I see ppl buying it simply because it's the latest gadget. At $800+ for the decked out model it's too pricey for a "gadget" to me though. Sure you can watch movies, listen to your music, upload photos and even cook with it along side of being an alarm clock as well. I just think it's a bit large to be the "ideal" portable device. Looks awkward. Plus the size leads me to believe it wouldn't take a 4' plunge to the ground without devastating it completely, something all our Ipods and phones have taken with stride.

I see the device flopping in the marketplace. Maybe something along the lines of a device with a 5" screen but this is border line creepy looking lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21956
In one's quest into finding out why God made a platypus you have to stand back and ask not how, but why?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10710
that is perhaps one of the creepiest pictures of Steve Jobs i have ever seen. Thanks Naledge. lmao!

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4271
"Sure you can watch movies, listen to your music, upload photos and even cook with it along side of being an alarm clock as well."

You can do all that with a laptop though. I don't get it =\

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21961
Exactly. 10 years ago when portable DVD players came out I wanted one as if it were electric sex. Friend of mine wanted to sell me his player for $750. It had a 10" screen. Wasn't happening lol. I thought to myself that a laptop plays DVDs and does sooo much more for about the same price.

Today portable DVD players are like $100. You're not paying for worth but exclusivity.

That hunk of chips is 10 X the size and twice the price it should be. The techies will HAVE to have it but you won't see Spike Lee playing with one during a Laker game.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13249
Yeah with the size of the ipad I agree im not sure how many will want it. And the dropping question was a good one too.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2042
i heard you can only run one app at a time as well

im not sure if this is true - but if it is, it makes this product even worse

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4185
Starting at $499??? My laptop, which I'm quite happy with, was $499.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1365
Damn, I really like the way apple was going with its products, but this imo is a failure. WTF would you even want this for....at this price?

On the other hand, if I do happen to get my hands on one of these, its sole purpose will be to entertain me in the bathroom!

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 643
that thing is like the size of a holy bible lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us