Pit aka ehren

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23535
have you seen that movie

marley and me?

one of the saddest movie i've seen. in the end that is.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3265
you baby!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4009
Chad aka Chadley aka brother of BradLee

No, I haven't seen it. I generally try to avoid films starring Owen Wilson. I've heard that the book, from which the film was based, is a great story. But I don't have a girl right now and I'm not goin outta my way to watch a movie like this unless I'm at least gettin a handy out of it. I'll keep it on my list though, Twiz told me it's a guaranteed winner to put on if you wanna get laid. He and Snow enjoyed it so it must be good.

P.S. You guys think I'm way more dog obsessed than I really am lol

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2931
WTF? Why do I keep getting mentioned in threads?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4010
Bwahaha! I keep seeing you telling people that they "got pwnd", so I just wanted to make sure you're getting pwnd too :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23536
lol twiz.

cool pit. you should check it out when you can. yeah i really thought you were obsessed with dogs. lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4012
My two dogs are two of my best friends, and I like dogs a lot in general, as do most people in my experience (except bernie).

But I am certainly not in the category of people who dress their dogs up in outfits, never shut up about all their SUPER ADORABLE behaviors, or bust out a camera/phone to show off 12,000 pictures of how cute they are every time something dog-related comes up.

In fact I am quite bothered by some of those people. I love my dogs, but I can't stand when people try to humanize them. Those people have good intentions, but they are misinformed, poor dog owners. Dogs are wonderful human companions, but they are not humans.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21527
IMO all those ppl dressing their dogs up in sweaters and sh1t are really doing the dog harm. ESPECIALLY if it's an outdoor breed. They need to develop their own coat to prepare themselves for the cold.

People feel sorry for my outside cat Sylvester every year. "He's going to freeze to death!" No he's not. Why? Because his body adjusts in the fall in preparation for the winter. He's 9 years old now and in conjunction with his run ins with neighborhood dogs, dogging cars, kids throwing stones, local varmits who steal his food and such the cold isn't his biggest enemy. Even though he has a cathouse he won't use it. When the temp really drops (below freezing) he buries himself in the pile of dead leaves next to the house and props himself up against my gameroom window. I purposely leave them there now because of it. Funniest thing to see from inside lol. He's an itty bitty thing of an animal but still kicks. Animals are resilient, more so than many give credit. Ironically most of the time their biggest hurdle is us.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5393

quote:

...and I like dogs a lot in general, as do most people in my experience (except bernie).

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4013
Ha! For the record, Bernie started that joke about himself.

Paul your post was dead on. Although I think referring to a dog as an "outdoor breed" is a little misleading, because I don't think any breed is an indoor breed. That's part of the misconception. No matter how little and cute a dog is, and no matter how much the breed has been domesticated and bred for companionship (as opposed to being bred for herding, security, hunting etc.), it's still a dog. They all have the same instincts. Protect the pack, protect the food, mark territory with their pizz, sniff each others azzes etc.

Even a little teacup poodle, yorkie terrier, chihuahua, the daintiest of breeds. If they're allowed to be dogs, as they should be, they aren't predisposed to being the yippy, needy, overly-dependent-on-their-master dogs that people think they are. Paul couldn't have said it better, "their biggest hurdle is us".

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21530
Well what I was insinuating about outdoor breed was that there are dogs with better history for the cold. Huskys, malamutes, ect. So many ppl treat their pets as if they have the same tolerances as themselves. Just don't stick that pup in a pen without shade or water in 100 degree weather or on windy sub zero degree days without shelter either.

Shoot you if anyone knows what I mean.

Remember this vid from awhile back?

Think he's thinking about how cold it "looks" lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21531
1:20 is THE best!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12822
cool vid that dog is lovin it

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4014
Paul we are in agreement :-) There is certainly a great variance amongst dogs as far as ability to tolerate extreme climate conditions. Did you know it can actually be very bad to shave certain breeds for a hot summer? I always thought that was cool. Huskies, German Shepherds, Shelties, their fur is actually crucial for protection from the sun/heat, and bug bites. The undercoat sheds and grows back right on cue every spring and fall, but the overcoat can be forever damaged if shaved.

Again, their biggest hurdle is us. If people would let nature take its course, they might be surprised what it's capable of :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21532
Here here!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us