Archive through June 27, 2009

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3049

quote:

Forrest Vs. Evans-I'm hoping Rashad takes it just because I'm not a huge fan of Forrest.

How can you not be a fan of him?!? Hes a great fighter and hes SO humble! After the fight tonight he said how he was defeated and congratulated Sugar on a good fight AT LEAST 4 times. Hes a great, humble guy and an awesome fighter...Forrest had the stand up, no doubt. Once it hit the mat, it was a different game though. Great fight either way.

All around, except for Rampage, (who deserved the win) tonight was a disappointment for me. I paid $45.00, plus liquor and food too see my favorites get laid out

I wish Massenzio would have taken Dollaway just because of the college thing they had going on but, oh well. Twas a good fight no matter what.

As for Mir/Nogueria, I was pulling for Nogueria big time. I like both but would have rather seen Nogueria win. Mir has a great "come back story but Nogueria seems so humble you can't help but like him.

Too bad Junie Browning wasnt in this one. I would love to see him get knocked into next week!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2091
well i was off. lol

any thoughts on Lesnar vs. Mir rematch..

I don't expect to see many Lesnar votes. lol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3631
Rob I agree about Kongo. He's been kind of boring in the past but I think that was because he was SOOOO one-dimensional before. Now that he's getting so much more comfortable with with the rest of MMA, I think he'll start to let loose what is undeniably some vicious striking.

Mir was unbelievable. He could really restore credibility to what has been a weak division in the UFC. I'm already waiting on pins and needles for Mir v. Lesnar II.

Funny thing about Forrest is I actually suspected before this fight (and moreso after) that he may have a glass jaw. The beatings he's endured to get his "super tough" reputation involved mostly shots to the nose/eyes/face that get bl0ody and swollen and look worse than they are. I can think of two times that he's really been ROCKED on the jaw, Rashad and Jardine, and both times he was knocked out cold. The other problem with Forrest is he just doesn't seem to be a knockout threat, he's just not an explosive striker.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11084
Last night was a good show for the ufc thats for sure.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9104
".Forrest had the stand up, no doubt. Once it hit the mat, it was a different game though. Great fight either way. "

Do you realize that the reason it went to the ground was because Rashad had better stand up? I don't think you do. The reason it went to the ground is because Forrest made a mistake and threw a kick that Rashad CAUGHT and then Forrest caught a countering right hand from Rashad with his face which knocked Forrest on his azz(this shows how great RASHAD'S stand up is). Saying Forrest had the stand up is just retarded.

"Funny thing about Forrest is I actually suspected before this fight (and moreso after) that he may have a glass jaw. The beatings he's endured to get his "super tough" reputation involved mostly shots to the nose/eyes/face that get bl0ody and swollen and look worse than they are. I can think of two times that he's really been ROCKED on the jaw, Rashad and Jardine, and both times he was knocked out cold. The other problem with Forrest is he just doesn't seem to be a knockout threat, he's just not an explosive striker."

I couldn't agree more haha. I thought the exact same things. I'm glad to see the belt around Rashad's waist.

"Rob I agree about Kongo. He's been kind of boring in the past but I think that was because he was SOOOO one-dimensional before. Now that he's getting so much more comfortable with with the rest of MMA, I think he'll start to let loose what is undeniably some vicious striking."

What I think brought out the monster in Kongo was the knee to the groin that he took. After recovering he returned the exact same knee to Al Turk and then just unleashed his demons. I honestly think that knee to his groin flipped a switch and pissed him off which caused him to fight how he did.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 996
tomorrow gonna be pretty fun night...whts ur guys thoughts? i hope shogun gets the win this time

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11191
All I know is im going to see this tomorrow.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9187
This is just a "filler" event IMO. This event was just thrown together to make a quick buck. I'm still going to watch the fights that's for sure.

I think/want Rich Franklin to win and Shogun to win, I'm not a fan of roided out Mark Coleman.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4208
I think Dan Handerson will win and Shogun will too. But the fight I am looking forward to is Marcus Davis vs Chris Lytle. Both are tough and both are pretty good on their feet. Davis having a good boxing background and Lytle is just a decent all around fighter. Davis has repeatedly challenged Lytle to keep it standing up, so they have a "gentlemen's agreement" to do so. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

While I am here, you guys should check this fight out, its a pretty good one.

http://www.cagepotato.com/fight-day-razor-vs-cowboy

Silver Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 997
it was a good night overall. Shogun getting exhausted waaayy to fast

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9189
Yea, Shogun is trash in comparison to the other 205 pounders. From what I saw, he doesn't belong in the UFC. Now he'll feed Chuck Liddell a victory and they'll try putting Chuck back at the top.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9191
I wish I had named this thread "MMA" but I didn't, big fail. Guys, make sure you check out the Fedor Vs. Arlovski fight this weekend. I'd say it will be a great fight but I think Fedor will destroy him like nothing, Arlovski was barely able to beat Big Ben Rothwell so...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2270
Fedor will end The Pitbull in less than 2 mins.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11248
Ill have to check it out this weekend then. Thanks for the reminder. Im also going to see the next closed circuit event on the 31 of this month.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9194
http://www.afflictionclothing.com/dayofreckoning/

Looks like a decent fight card.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3719
Prediction for tomorrow night: Stevenson > Sanchez by guillotine choke in the 1st round.

I don't like Sanchez, at all. Hope he gets punked.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1060
i have a feeling Sanchez will take this one...

y dnt u like sanchez?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3720
He's just really overrated to me, and for arbitrary reasons I just find him obnoxious.

At 170 he beat a bunch of nobodies, his best wins were probably against Karo Parisian (HUGELY overrated; never in shape), and Joe Riggs (workout warrior, not a great fighter), and Nick Diaz which I'll give him credit for I guess, Nick is a bad dude.

Jon Fitch beat him, and Josh Koscheck OWNED him, so he basically dropped weight cause he couldn't hang at 170.

On the bright side, if he does beat Joe daddy, hopefully we'll get to see a rematch against Florian, this time in Florian's weight class... Florian will absolutely sh!t on Sanchez at 155 pounds 100% guaranteed. Hope we see that fight in the near future.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11330
Pit watch sanchez will be the winner.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9238
I don't really care too much about Sanchez Vs Stevenson but...Joe looked like complete trash in his last fight so I dunno. I'd prefer that Sanchez wins for the same reason Pit mentioned, to see him get raped by Florian.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3722
"Pit watch sanchez will be the winner."

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed really. My "prediction" was really more of a hope. I'm not a fan of Stevenson or anything, I just dislike Sanchez and look forward to seeing him get owned... If it isn't against Joe daddy, they'll probably move him up to a title-shot fight pretty quickly against one of the 155lb elites, where he WILL get destroyed.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1062
sanchez looks a little like the kid from the karate kid movie

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9256
RAMPAGE VS. Jardine!

I'm gonna take Rampage here :-)

Gonzaga is fuck1ng a 10-0 monster. 6' 3'' 262(?) Should be a good fight as well.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3753
Jardine is an ugly, awkward mother f@#$er, with NASTY leg kicks... and the leg kicks were what changed the fight for Griffin when he took Ramp's title. Ramp better be in crazy shape and ready to dance.

With that said, I feel like Ramp's gonna be hungry, I like what I've heard from him in interviews and such, he wants it bad... I'll say Ramp knocks Jardine's ugly as$ out Saturday night.

I don't remember seeing Shane Carwin fight before? Hope he wins though, Gonzaga annoys me with that stupid monster face he makes.

I wanna see Rob vs. Reece though one day :-)

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9257

quote:

Gonzaga is fuck1ng a 10-0 monster. 6' 3'' 262(?) Should be a good fight as well.

What the hell kind of crack was I on? Haha.

quote:

With that said, I feel like Ramp's gonna be hungry, I like what I've heard from him in interviews and such, he wants it bad... I'll say Ramp knocks Jardine's ugly as$ out Saturday night.

I don't remember seeing Shane Carwin fight before? Hope he wins though, Gonzaga annoys me with that stupid monster face he makes.

I wanna see Rob vs. Reece though one day

My god, Carwin has insane K.O. power, he threw half of a punch and knocked Gonzaga out like nothing. Rampage definitely put it to Jardine but Jardine absorbed like 8 MEAN shots to the jaw and kept getting up, very, very impressed with Jardine's ability to take a beating haha. As far as Rob Vs. Reece goes, that would be silly, I'd have to gain like 75 pounds to be at his weight or he'd have to lose. My friends say I look like I'm 185-190 though even though I'm 160 so I'm eventually going to be a huge 155 pounder. I may actually cut to 140, my buddy keeps begging me to fight because he's seen me in the streets haha. I don't want to get too involved with MMA because I know it will end up absorbing my whole life. Kind of like working out that I spend quite a bit of time doing.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3755
I was wondering the same thing Rob... say no to drinking and posting:-)

I agree about Carwin, sick power. Not surprising as he is 6'3" ~265lbs, doesn't carry much fat, and as a former standout wrestler/football player, he knows how to generate power from his hips. You could tell the way he turned his whole body, he's not playing around with little arm punches, he throws to knock people's heads off. Using the whole kinetic chain FTW! :-)

Jardine did do a good job of hanging in there. Although I thought the kick to Rampages junk in the 2nd round was intentional. It was just after Ramp had him really rocked, and I've NEVER seen an "inside leg kick" come from that angle... it was like a 10 year old girl kicking straight up into a kids nuts on the playground. The best run of Jardine's career is probably behind him now, I think he caught some people with a little luck cause he's awkward and unorthodox. I don't think he'll ever be that close to title contention again.

Jackson vs. Evans should be insane. Both guys love to dance around and box, both guys are supremely athletic with great wrestling, should be a great fight. Early thoughts, Evans might be small, he can easily fight at 185, Ramp can't.

P.S. Completely unrelated; ever done towel grip pull ups? Good times. Did them for the first time ever today, my hands and forearms are sore as hell.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3756
WHOA!... Just glanced at some of the upcoming fight cards... happened to notice the date for Evans vs. Jackson at the MGM Grand, May 23rd... I'm gonna be in Vegas for that :-) Might have to see about some tickets!!!

Actually was thinking about trying to get some tickets to see Miguel Torres in Chi town on April 5th too... Torres is a bad mother f@#$er.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9259

quote:

P.S. Completely unrelated; ever done towel grip pull ups? Good times. Did them for the first time ever today, my hands and forearms are sore as hell.

Can't say I have haha, I stick with the power lifting exercises mostly but I do bent over barbell rows and normal pull ups, I've never tried towel grip pull ups.

I saw Torres nearly get beat back in his earlier day haha, he basically cheated to win. He was nearly submitted but he kept crawling through the ropes since it was in a ring and the ref would have to restart the fight...on feet. It was pretty sh1tty of him to do it but I guess if you can abuse the rules...might as well.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3758
"I stick with the power lifting exercises mostly"

I have the same philosophy. Every program should be designed around the big compound lifts. If you like variety, try the towel grips in place of your regular pull-ups. It's the same exercise, just instead of gripping the bar you wrap a little towel (or t-shirt or w/e it doesn't matter) around the bar and grip that instead. Just makes it more difficult to hold on. I've never done any exercise that matches this in terms of grip strength.

like this guy...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9260
Ha, if you haven't had anything that matches grip strength I bet you haven't done really heavy deadlifts :-) Looks like a pretty good workout though, one reason I'd like doing those for grip strength is because it doesn't look like it tears up your hands like the heavy aass weights.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2722
I use a hand plate loader and these for grips...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heavy-Grips-Hand-Grippers-Set-of-3-grips-150-200-250lbs_W0QQ itemZ130292166037QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090308?IMSfp=TL090308221002r31421

i used gto be a professional armwrestler, and hand strenth was key inm the sport. Just my .02

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3759
"Ha, if you haven't had anything that matches grip strength I bet you haven't done really heavy deadlifts"

Well I meant outside of the obvious lol. Heavy deads are the classic test of grip strength, they invented straps for a reason! (p.s. Way I was taught: If straps were used, it didn't count.)

I used to use the heavy grippers Mark, they're pretty cool. I guess I just think the towel grips, and also wrist rollers, give a bit more of a functional/dynamic workout to the hands & forearms.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3682
Machida is now going to rock Evans, not Rampage.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2729
get a 4x4 or an I-Beam that is about same height as a pull up bar, then with finertips touching from both hands do a pull up till top of head almost touches 4x4 or i-beam, then walk(using fingertips only) the length of the beam. It will hammer your tendons all thru your arms. Keep in mind without tendons, your muscles mean nothing.
or
get a bounch of 1/2 gallon paint cans filled w/ sand make a pyrmidwith the then using only fingertipsgrab tops of cans and restack pyrmids. you will feel the burn. both are great (tested by national and world champions) workouts.

thieves- I hope you are right.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3684
did you see machida's last fight? holyshit he dominated! and he is incredibly fast as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2731
he has owned every1 he has fought.. not bad for a karate guy, lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3760
Meh, I hope Rashad wins. I don't like Machida. There are counter-fighters, and then there are fighters who fight to not lose, Machida is the latter to me.

He may be undefeated, but what significant wins does he have other than Thiago Silva? A supremely washed up Tito Ortiz? Sokojou (sp) on a bad knee?

He's more about self-defense than fighting IMO... I hope Sugar Shad kills him. He doesn't even deserve the shot if you look at his record. I don't care if he's undefeated, you need to have some top tier wins before you get a title shot, he doesn't have them. This fell into his lap because Ramp is injured.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2732
lol... up until his last couple of fights Rashad was KING of the unfinishers or fighting not to lose, but hey, a win is a win! They have both surprized me lately, should be interesting. I'll take L.M. by unam. decision.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3761
"up until his last couple of fights Rashad was KING of the unfinishers or fighting not to lose"

I wouldn't say that's accurate. You're thinking back to like, what, 2006?... in his first couple fights after winning TUF? Since then he KO'ed Jason Lambert, knocked Salmon's head clean off, out struck a VERY polished standup fighter in Michael Bisping, and then knocked out two champions in Griffin and Liddell.

Shad is a far better athlete and overall fighter to me. With that said, this could be a tricky matchup for him. He likes to throw a lot of short quick hooks and stuff, and he's pretty stocky for 205... Machidas goofy stance and those straight kicks could give Shad problems getting close enough to unleash. We'll see.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1788
"knocked Salmon's head clean off"

he sure did - salmon just loves getting killed. i guess thats what you get for being a buckeye

i like bisbing a lot but i will say that his win in england over Hamill was complete BS. it seems like bisbing is always in great shape, but i dont see many of his punches really hurting someone

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9262
Considering Lyoto hasn't taken but a few hits in all of his fights combined it's going to be a tough fight for Rashad, the only way I see Rashad winning is if he takes it to the ground and uses his amazing wrestling. I like Lyoto more and I'd like to see either guy win, I definitely am a Rashad fan as well but Lyoto is exactly what a fighter should be, he avoids all damage and deals it. He finishes fights as well. Also, take a look at how badly Lyoto beat Thiago and Thiago has fought some very good fighters as well. Should be a great fight.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3803
Pretty good night for what didn't look like a very exciting fight card.

The main even was a GREAT fight. Although I didn't agree with the decision... I thought Carlos Condit won that fight. The submission attempts pretty much canceled out, couple of chokes and heel locks attempted by each fighter, but I thought Condit landed cleaner shots and did more damage.

Griffin/Dos Anjos was a good fight too. Although I felt Dos Anjos would've faired better had he tried to take the fight to the ground more. In the short time they did spend on the ground, he had Griffin in a NASTY leg lock, and almost locked up a kimora too. It seems like a lot of fighters (Dos Anjos tonight) abandon what might be a better game plan, for vain reasons... wanting to prove their standup abilities and/or score a more crowd-pleasing victory... Oh well I like Griffin a lot anyways so I'm glad he won.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9277
It was actually a surprisingly good night for a small event. I would have liked to see more from Griffin but he did win the fight. Carlos Condit won the first two rounds in my opinion but it seemed like he really gave up that last round. Either way, winning 2 rounds out of 3 I believe he won that fight as well.

Anyone notice how TUF seems too good to be true so far? All fights were great and UNBELIEVABLY exciting. It just seems fishy to me that all the fights could be so good, it's possible but TUF has never been so good and it makes me wonder =/

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3816
What do you guys think of Leites? Contender?... or latest victim?

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1121
silva vs gsp!
gsp > silva

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3828
Lol. If they really do fight, I think Silva will murder GSP.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1122
it will be great fight...thats for sure...it was good night overall...im happy with shogun's win. He earned it

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9300

quote:

Lol. If they really do fight, I think Silva will murder GSP.

Well, GSP has to first get through his match against Thiago Alves who does pose a threat. That's assuming Thiago even makes weight haha, the guy is a MONSTER in that weight class and he didn't make weight for his match against Matt Hughes. There's talk of Andersen Silva having another match at 205 but Dana White is far from happy with his match against Thales Leites, Thales should be let go from the UFC in my opinion. He didn't come into that match to fight, he went into that fight wanting to take a nap. I understand how it's a good idea to avoid damage but after you've lost 3 out of 5 rounds you better either try to deal damage or submit your opponent, don't just go into the fetal because you're not going to win like that. Anyhow, Shogun looked like a completely different fighter and I'm now happy with him, he looks like the old Shogun that I used to see and he put Chuck Liddell into his UFC grave, he will no longer be seen on the canvas according to UFC president Dana White but he will be working for the UFC. Cheick Kongo also looked very impressive for once, he came out and went for the kill, it seems he's improving greatly and has learned that you do have to put forth some aggression and not just be a defense wh0re. I'm excited to see Evans Vs. Lyoto as 2 undefeated fighters will enter the octagon but if you look at every fight from both of them you'd have to say that Lyoto is the much better fighter. He has avoided damage in all of his fights and his closest loss was from Tito through a submission attempt, funny how Rashad's draw is from Tito. It seems he gave each of them their best fight haha. Anyhow, I'd have to say Lyoto wins it as he's a much more precises striker and is very elusive in all aspects. Rashad seems to be a very powerful wrestler though and Tito was as well but Lyoto managed to shake him off like nothing. I think it will be a close fight but I believe Lyoto's insane and elusive style of karate will get the best of Rashad to win the belt. Also, I'm kind of excited to see Matt Vs. Matt and hopefully Hughes wins it because I think Serra is a douche but Hughes is pretty much only a wrestler so I think Serra has a better all-around game. Hopefully Yushin Okami wins and I hope to see that cheater Sean Sherk gets his a ss kicked. I hope to see improvement from Houston Alexander and want to see him move back up the ladder 205. That's enough of this book of a post haha.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9301
Oh and I hope James Irvin beats the crap out of Drew Mcfredies, Drew is a terrible fighter in my opinion.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1123
^ u started typing sunday?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3845
I REALLY hope Serra murders Hughes.

I don't know how Serra has gotten so many people to think he's an a$shole... he seems like a funny, down to earth kinda dude to me.

Hughes on the other hand is an arrogant meathead. He did several things on his season as TUF coach that annoyed the hell outta me, including repeatedly trying to force his guys to read bible verses.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3846
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the SUPERFIGHT they just announced.

Griffin vs. Silva in August... wow. Early thoughts/predictions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3112
Hughes is a washed up waterhead, but if he is on his game the he should beat Serra. I have 50 on it..

As for Silva Vs. Griffin. That is a thinker and a no-brainer at the same time.

Common sense tells me that silva shoud take Griffin apart, and he finishes with the best of em... Even though he's giving up size-he is ranked #1 pound for pound.
Griffin on the other hand is My dude. Great heart, ability, and man does he like to bang. I still watch his fight with Bonner. Got to be one of the, if not, THE best fight ever. I cant root against him. HGe is huble and has great sportsmanship. Sh!t, it took a great MAN to accept the BS loss to Tito like he did. That decision fu<ked ME up, so I know if had to torment him. I have my gut instint telling me who is gonna win, but I refuse to say it. I don't want to put the jinx on him. This fight is by no means a walk thru- either way. Great match making from the UFC.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9334
I hope Matt Hughes beats cocky Matt Serra but on paper it won't happen. Matt Serra has more tools than Hughes and much better stand-up, everyone knows that Matt Hughes is pretty much a wrestler and that's it...this is supposed to be Matt Hughes last fight so we'll see if that holds truth.

As far as Griffin Vs Silva goes....I'm just LOL'ing how people think it will be a remotely good fight, Griffin is nothing impressive in my opinion as he just BARELY climbed his way to that belt and beat Rampage who DIDN'T EVEN TRAIN for that match-up haha, Rampage was such a head case and he didn't even try, he just let Forrest win it and he barely won that fight. All my crap talk aside, I do hope for a good fight but I don't see it happening that's all. I think Griffin is trash and Silva is nothing short of amazing.

We're getting ahead of ourselves though, 22 MORE DAYS!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3114
I was somewhat agreeing with you by saying the Silva-Griffin is a no brainer..But IF (and it is a big if) Anderson goes in this fight with a preconceived notion that he will dominate EVERY aspect of Griffin's abilities, the it will be a good fight and would lower his chances for a victory. If he goes and plays to Forrests strengths, then it will be interesting (Silva still having an advantage-but Forrest still having more than a punchers chance). Griffin is far from trash.. Not only is he a champion (however you may feel about that), But he is a positive influence and promoter of MMA and the UFC. You don't beat Rua, Jackson, Ortiz(he DID win- fu<k you if you won't admit it-LMAO), ect... by being trash. My personal opinion- He beats Evans 7 out of 10 fight.. Just not the last one. FTL. I started off HATING Evans. He is a great athlete but didn't finish his fights. He is not the same Evans now. I give him props for that.. Although I am still not a fan, He deserves the belt and is a pretty good dude. L. Machita, came out of nowhere. My first thought back at UFC 67 (i think) was WTF, A Karate fighter..... IN the UFC... Oh wait, he does have a black belt in BJJ. Could be interesting. Then the fight went the distance. Well I shrugged it off. Forgot about him. The he wins the next 2 against better opponents(still by unan. decisions. Well still going, then he fights Sokoudjou , Who had recently knocked out Nog, and Arona in under 2 mins. finally, we will see what Karate kid has.. lol KO'ed Sokoudjou . Okay. He has my attention and resect..He also has a new fan.. I'll take him to beat Evans. They both have a way of making their victories look easy. gonna be interesting.

I REALLY can't wait for UFC 100. I know I'll be arguing with everyone here lol. Well probably. Lesnar WILL MAIM Mir. hopefully. LMAO

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9336
Mark, you should watch Lyoto's fight where he dominated Rich Franklin. I had it in my head that Rashad could out wrestle Lyoto but after seeing Lyoto fight a heavyweight(Sam Greco I believe...) (235 pounder) and having more strength I don't see it. Rashad has a great chin though from what I've seen so I really don't think a K.O. will happen but you never know. I still see Lyoto winning no matter what. After reviewing Griffins record I'll say it again, in my opinion he's trash and he's going to be slaughtered by Silva. I've been waiting so long for Saturday and I don't think I'll sleep tonight or tomorrow night because I'm too excited for a couple of reasons. One for the huge fight of Lyoto vs Rashad and two I'm coming off of my super strict and insane diet =/ I can't even believe that I made it through this sh1t.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1142
Rashad's knockout was priceless

Gold Member

Post Number: 3323
I loved it... Made my weekend. I called it 3-4 mins in 2nd round (ufc Fantasy) ko. only one I got 100% correct. I won $50 on the Hughes win as well. Machida will be there a while-imo. Wonder if a Machida-Silva fight can be in the works after Griffin gets beat? I don't see anyone at 185 giving Silva a real run. And as bad a GSP is, I don't think he could win 99 times out of 100 against Silva. But I have been wrong before.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3324
On a different note... I can't stand Joe Rogan's voice. I drives me crazy!.. Now that a Karate guy has the belt, he will NEVER stfu. FTMFL!!

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 191
I agree Mark lol and that Evans Machida fight was awesome I had never seen Machida fight before that dude will def. hold onto that belt for awhile IMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 3329
So far as I know, Machida has never lost a round, and he has fought Sokoudjou, Tito,Evans, Franklin, Bonner, Theilgo, Hogar, Heath, ect... And a few of them were undeafeted at that time. He is impressive to say the least.

It is gonna take an explosive striker to beat him standing up. Someone whos standup overwhelmes his counter punching style. Or an equally talented counter puncher. But that would be harder to find since he is soooo ellusive. CroCop in his prime would have been a great matchup, but it looks as if he has run his course, unfortunatly. I would take Fedor over Machida if UFC would dish out the dough. but I don't think he would make weight for that class, but I can wish.

I know that this is gonna tick a few people off and it won't happen due to weight and size difference, But I would bet that Lesnar would beat him. lol i know, I know.

Any input on Lesnar/Mir rematch? Would love to open this can of worms.

I'll take lesnar via brutal G-N-P!..,2nd round
I know he is workin' his sub defense.

i don't see anyone contesting any of the 3 weight classes I was refering to, anytime soon. But who really knows... I've seen too many upsets to rule anything out++.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9337
I was very surprised to see Rashad knocked out and as everyone saw he has an amazing chin but took way too many shots. As for the Silva Vs. Machida fight it isn't supposed to ever happen. Silva and Machida train together and are good friends and have said that they'll never fight each other but money talks. If Machida and Lesnar were in the same weight class I guarantee Machida would win easily. Fedor could easily make weight to fight in 205 look up his stats and look at his body, he has plenty of weight he can drop but he never cuts weight for his fights. Now for Mir Vs. Lesnar, it's a tough one but on paper it goes to Lesnar as long as he doesn't get caught with a submission again but Mir is no joke and is still getting back into the game. He was out for a long time from injuries and never came back the same. I hope that it's a great war though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3341

quote:

If Machida and Lesnar were in the same weight class I guarantee Machida would win easily.

Well for that to happen, Lesnar(who cuts weight to make 265) dropping weight would be out of the question, so that leaves Machida to put on 40 + pounds. That being said, I don't see ANY possibility of Machida winning that fight. Very few people can carry that kind of weight and still be as quick and explosive as Lasnar. He is definately a rare breed to say the least. That dude is AMAZING to look at (NO H0MO) and he moves like a 185'er.. Very few want a peice of Lesnar and I respect that. I wouldn't want to see that dude in the octagon. He is a monster and takes hurting people very seriously. lol

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9338
/quote{Well for that to happen, Lesnar(who cuts weight to make 265) dropping weight would be out of the question,}

Not true, Brock carries a lot of body fat and he could cut probably 30 pounds of fat alone. If he muscle wastes another 40 pounds(this would be a bad idea) away he could make that weight. Would it be a good idea? Nope. Is it possible? Yes.

Anyhow, it's a stupid match to even talk about haha. I agree with you that Brock is a beast, I've never seen such a big guy that is so agile but still so insanely powerful. I wonder how much he's improved over all this time of training. That is going to be one hell of a fight card Mark. Also, I think you just like Lesnar because Brock is part of your last name you h0mo! :-) Just playin.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3861
I didn't see any of the fights.

1. How did the Edgar/Sherk fight play out? I was ECSTATIC to see that Edgar won!!! Good for him. F@#$ Sherk.

2. Joe Rogan is the man, and he's good at his job IMO.

3. Forest is going to beat Anderson.

Discuss.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3862
4. I expect the 205LB belt to change fairly frequently for a while still. Machida is not all that.

Discuss.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1147
Forest going to be Anderson???!!! how? please explain

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3863
What do you mean "how"?... Funny to me how fans are acting like Forrest has NO CHANCE in this fight...

How about because Anderson is going up a weight-class, and not just to fight some schmuck, but to fight one of the elites at 205. Forrest will be bigger and stronger, he won't be afraid of Anderson at all, he's tough and scrappy, and he and his camp are EXCELLENT game-planners.

I won't be shocked at all if Forrest wins a decision, or even stops Anderson by way of submission. Or Anderson may knock him the f@#$ out, I'm not ruling that out either. But I'm going to look at the odds, and if they're what I expect them to be, I think betting on Forrest could be very profitable.

Anderson isn't as invincible as people think, and he's due for a loss. The guy hasn't been tested AT ALL in a loooonnnngggg time, and I think that becomes more and more of a factor the longer it goes on. He doesn't even remember what it's like to get hit right now.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1148
lol @ "He doesn't even remember what it's like to get hit right now".

It will be a very interesting match to watch indeed...but I still think Silva gonna whoop him..like a lot

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9342

quote:

3. Forest is going to beat Anderson.

What kind of sh1t were/are you smoking these days?

quote:

4. I expect the 205LB belt to change fairly frequently for a while still. Machida is not all that.

Discuss.

What kind of sh1t were/are you smoking these days?

quote:

Anderson isn't as invincible as people think, and he's due for a loss. The guy hasn't been tested AT ALL in a loooonnnngggg time, and I think that becomes more and more of a factor the longer it goes on. He doesn't even remember what it's like to get hit right now.

Again, what kind of sh1t were/are you smoking these days? You have no idea what you're talking about. Silva gets hit by Lyoto all the time ya goofy scrub. You do realize they train and spar together all the time right? Lyoto owns Silva in stand-up.

Forrest stands no chance at all, he's sh1t in my opinion. His greatest win was over an untrained Rampage, he was out of shape as hell and didn't even train for the fight against Forrest as he said and Forrest still barely won by decision. Look at his record and you can clearly see that Forrest is far from impressive with wins only over mediocre fighters, he stands no chance. Also, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Silva having to go up in weight, he actually CUTS DOWN to 185. He walks around at more than 205 haha...shows how much you don't know. But yea, he's going up in weight class in the sense that 185 is what he normally fights at but he shouldn't be fighting in that class really. 205 is closer to his natural weight.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/anderson-silva-walks-around-220-a-819038/

That is a link about Silva's walk around weight. Read up.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3864
Disagree with me all you want, no need to be an a@#hole about it though.

quote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Silva gets hit by Lyoto all the time ya goofy scrub. You do realize they train and spar together all the time right?

IMO there's a big difference between even the most intense sparring sessions, and being in a real fight where an opponent is trying to destroy you. AGAIN, Silva has not been tested in that way in some time.

quote:

Also, you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Silva having to go up in weight, he actually CUTS DOWN to 185. He walks around at more than 205 haha...shows how much you don't know.

Shows how much I don't know!? Virtually all professional fighters these days cut significant weight to be as big as possible in whatever division they fight in. Do you think Forrest walks around at exactly 205? Wait til they take the center of the octagon to touch gloves, and then tell me forrest doesn't have a size advantage. He does, and he will.

Your opinion is CLEARLY biased anyway when it comes to both Anderson AND Machida, you've been on their nuts for some time. Enjoy your ride on the bandwagon. I'm just thinking about how the fight could go down from an unbiased perspective, I'm not a fan or hater of either Forrest or Anderson really. I just don't think this fight is a complete LOCK for Anderson like most fans seem to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3409
Machida is all that. Belt is secure. /discuss

Silvia has a clear advantage, but it is NOT a guarantee. There are NO guarantee's if UFC. And Forrest does have a clear size advantage. But not quickness, BJJ, muhi thia, experience or striking. I've already stated my predictions, but if Silva goes into the fight with the wrong game plan and wants to just bang with Forrest, then Forrest's chances greatly improve. Forrest is far from "Trash" and is a class act. I lose respect for people who hate on someone and call them "trash"(if you care to have my/our respect- I do care and hope to have the respect of most E-regulars whether we agree or not) because they don't like them for whatever reason (unless it is obvious to everyone that they are complete and total pr!cks that lack sportsmanship- ie. Serra- ) Forrest does NOT fit into that class of losers. The first S. Bonner vs. F. Griffin fight is one of the best fights ever in UFC and shows that he is game and far from trash. As far as The Griffin/ Rampage fight, who cares how Rampage trained, he was the champ and would truly beat ANY "trash" fighter on his worst day.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9344
Lol, Bonnar is so bad. Rampage didn't train. His fight with Forrest was right after he ran over all those cars with his F350 haha, he was far from ready to be in the Octagon. It's not so much a matter of being biased because if you do the math or put it all on paper it only makes sense for Forrest to lose and I'm certain he will. Mark, I agree with you there are no guarantees but I don't think Forrest can win unless he meets lady luck. I'm not exactly sure why everyone thinks this so called size advantage is a big deal. James Irvin isn't a little guy in the 205 pound class either. Rich Franklin was a huge 185pounder FYI. Anyhow, a guy that is 6' 2'' tall probably shouldn't fight in 185 if you ask me. Anderson Silva can easily pack on 10-20 pounds of muscle mass and then cut to 205 ;) Bigger is better right? Oh no, it's not right? Unless it's with your GF ya scrubz!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3410
lol I agree that Forrest will lose, I don't agree that he is trash. clearing it up.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4217
Kimbo is going to compete on TUF. :-)

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20570
Wuzzup dude??!!

Long time no see....

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9346
Hmm, as Paul said, long time no see Naledge. What's been up? Paul, I didn't know you lurked these parts :-)(UFC thread) but I guess you always pop your head in but just don't post.

Kimbo is going to be on TUF season 10 as you said and I think it's pretty lame because Dana White talked so much sh1t about the guy but Dana wants to make money so there you have it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3417
UFC boss Dana White ridicule the big man as a "joke."

As ProElite went bankrupt, Slice was set adrift, but the Ultimate Fighting Championship refused to come to his rescue. Instead, White told anyone who would listen that the only way Kimbo could ever be welcomed into the UFC was if he won his way through the Ultimate Fighter reality show, like any other journeyman.

This week, Slice accepted that challenge, and everything that was set in place for the tenth season of TUF was thrown into chaos.

"[Kimbo has] a contract if he wins the show," said Dana White in an interview after the announcement. "He's got a contract to fight in the UFC, and it's a good one. So, that's his carrot. .... He has the same TUF deal. If he makes it into the UFC his contract is different, a lot f----ing different."
Slice, whose real name is Kevin Richardson, is a 34-year-old father of six who worked as a bodyguard for a p0rn production company before taking part in video-taped backyard beatdowns that became an online sensation on YouTube.

He earned money in the high six figures for his three pro MMA fights to date, but will have to bunk with, live with, train with and fight 15 other MMA hopefuls for $5,000 per fight - just like anyone else - if he wants a shot at the big contract White is dangling in front of him.

"It's an opportunity for me to prove myself, being a mixed martial artist coming from the backyard, coming from being a street fighter and all," Slice told Yahoo Sport. "It's time for me to step my game up. I'm coming here to kick @ss and take names and to continue to feed myself and my family."

"DW can say whatever the f--k he wants," Slice said. "The greatest revenge, to my knowledge, is success. I don't care about the s--t talking

any takers on a 50 spot . I say he makes the finals. Hopefully Bas Ruttan trained him well. a few years of quality traing will make him interesting... I was curious if he could hang.. Glad I get to find out.

I'm sure that some will say he is not at their level. As a striker he is all there. He damm sure got em in fugleyness. If he gets a contract.. I say throw a quality striker in there with him, maybe cro-cop. see what he's got. lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20572
I lurk.......everywhere.

It's just who I am.

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1148
Upload

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1149
I can see Kimbo getting tied in a leg bar

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3865

quote:

Kimbo is going to be on TUF season 10 as you said and I think it's pretty lame because Dana White talked so much sh1t about the guy but Dana wants to make money so there you have it.

Seems to me like Dana stuck by his word 100%. He always said Kimbo would have to earn his way into the UFC by way of TUF. I'm not a Kimbo fan, but I think he's probably good enough to get a shot on TUF.

quote:

I can see Kimbo getting tied in a leg bar

Or an ankle lock... or a rear naked... or an arm bar... or a triangle... yeah.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9356
FYI, Dana White has always talked sh1t about Kimbo saying that he was trash and all that jazz. Dana White pretty much talks sh1t about everyone who isn't already in the UFC, also, when you leave the UFC he talks sh1t about you. He talked trash about Couture, Roger Huerta, Frank Shamrock for starters. He also says Fedor is garbage and not a top fighter even though Fedor has defeated what were once the two best Heavyweights the UFC had.

Good enough to get a shot on TUF? A lot of those guys are terrible haha, I think Kimbo has a good chance to WIN TUF personally. This season of TUF has been surprisingly good though.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3866

quote:

Good enough to get a shot on TUF? A lot of those guys are terrible

My point exactly. I don't understand why you think Kimbo on TUF is lame if you think he's good enough.

I like Dana. I think he's a marketing genius, and while he has some cavalier methods, he is almost solely responsible for the massive rise in MMA's popularity over the past several years. I think as a person he pretty much calls it like he sees it, and doesn't hold back. I don't know specifically what he's said about Huerta and Couture etc., but I wouldn't put it past him at all to be saying things to challenge them into fighting for the UFC again. Hes got business on his mind 24/7.

Do you have any links to what he said about Huerta and/or Couture and/or Fedor? I'd be curious cause I haven't heard about this.

Huerta not in the UFC sucks, he's a beast.

Same with Fedor, who is a beast don't get me wrong, but will always be slightly overrated to me until he fights in the UFC... sorry I know you love Fedor, but the until you fight your way thru the organization with far and away the deepest talent pool, I reserve at least a little doubt.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9366
<object><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3867
Uriah "Hands of Glass" Faber

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1156
:-( i thought wanderlai had the win....was great fight tho. Franklin came better than i expected.

Kongo....sorta disappointed me. Has no ground game whatsoever

let the discussion begin....

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4218
Definitely better than the last card. I like this one. Wanderlei just didn't look the same. He had a hard time cutting weight and I think that is what ultimately did him in.

Kongo vs Velasquez though.....man. Cain made it look WAY too easy on the ground. Cheick had nothing for him on the ground. Cain showed a TON of heart and a damn good chin even though he got knocked a couple of good ones. I am excited to watch Cain in the HW division. He is gonna do some damage I think.

Nice quick KO from Mike "Swift" Swick though. This is one fight that I thought would go a little bit longer and have a little more action. Thats what I get for putting too much faith into such a raw noob. Ben will get better though.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3873
Whhhhaaaaattttt uppppp Naledge! Good to see you back man.

I was disappointed by the card as a whole.

Wanderlei just continues to be exposed as an overrated fighter to me. He's 3 of 4 since coming back to the UFC to fight top-tier opponents. To me he is not a highly skilled fighter, he is a reckless brawler. Look at his list of wins, and long as it may be, he only has a few against premium fighters.

Kongo really pissed me off. He had a number of opportunities to separate from Velasquez, and wasn't taking advantage of that even though his best shot to win was clearly in a striking match. His corner was yelling at him to crouch more and widen his stance to avoid takedowns but he just stood straight up like he was in a kickboxing match not an MMA fight.

Saunders really pissed me off too. He is a giant in that division. Even compared to Swick who is big for 170. I would've loved to see him use those huge arms and legs to jab and even straight kick at Swick, but he just looked nervous or something.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1159
oooo yea....and i personally think cro cop fight was BS!!!

seriously like wtf.....i m not against cro cop but taht eye poke was fuked up. Blind @ss ref... Mostapha was a lil over agressive but could have pulled it off imo...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3884
Mustapha made a fatal error though. When he got hit with the finger in the eye, he just covered his face up and TURNED HIS BACK to Cro Cop. I think he assumed that the ref was gonna give him a timeout for the eye poke. It's just like a kick to the nuts though, you gotta keep fighting or at least protect yourself until you're sure the ref is stepping in to give you a break.

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1176
can't fckin wait for ufc 100....all fight cards are gonna be amazing. Andd......i go for brock :D

Gold Member

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1177
did not see all matches tonight but seemed to be a UK night. However i did see Sanchez fight...i honestly don't think he deserved that win. He had first round...no doubt - but for the fact that Clay took the beating and still fugged around with diego was very impressive to me to say the least. There were too many face shots and flying knees for him to be standing and making it to a decision.

Still can't w8 for UFC 100 :D

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3887
Are you trying to say you thought Clay won the fight, or that it was just a sloppy win for Diego? Cause I was annoyed that it was a split decision, Diego clearly won that fight, shoulda been unanimous. Clay never really did much of anything other than control position at times, and when the other guy inflicts significant damage throughout the course of the fight, that FAR outweighs positional control to me.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9374
Easy win for Diego! Maybe if Guida cut that fucckin hair he'd be able to see to fight back =/

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9375
What a sh1t win for Cro Cop, he knew he poked him in the eye. It almost seemed intentional, I think it was part of his game plan to secure a sh1tty win and he did.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9376
So..anyone going to watch tonights event? I'm post whoring here...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9377
I believe it's called Ultimate Chaos, I'll get the fight card in a bit...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9378
Bobby Lashley vs. Bob Sapp
Gilbert Yvel vs. Pedro Rizzo
Din Thomas vs. Javier Vazquez
Chris Horodecki vs. William Sriyapai
Tom Atencio vs. Randy Hedderick
Brett Cooper vs. Waachiim Spiritwolf
Danny Abbadi vs. Lance Thompson
Colby McMahan vs. James Orso
Eric Bradley vs. Colin McKee
Drew Wallace vs. Eric Graham
Greg Maher vs. Wes Shivers
Mark Kergosien vs. Shawn Hayes
Shilo Pisarich vs. Jonathon Mackles
Weldon Galle vs. Trent Billiot
Jacob Leckich vs. Jim McLemore

FFI Ultimate Chaos

Bobby Lashley Vs. Bob Sapp should be crazy, two massive guys beating the crap out of each other is always fun. Also, Tom Atencio is the guy who runs things for Affliction if I'm not mistaken.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9379
Also, 2 more weeks until UFC 100, I don't even care about the 4th of July anymore because of it haha, that's sad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us