Taken FTW

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10350
If you havent yet go take yer girl or a bunch of yer friends and see Taken. that movie was kickazz!!!!

i saw it on opening night and i was not disappointed. i liked it much more than some other movies in that genre, like the bourne movies, but i suppose they are a little more intellectual than this? maybe, or just more drawn out. lol

anyways, definitely 2 thumbs up from me!
i have also heard from a lot of people that this movie has been on the internet for quite some time now. how do they get leaked so early?

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1547
http://www.tubezoom.com/showthread.php?t=15275

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2877
yeah i've had it for over a month already lol. by far the earliest leak i've had... still haven't watched it tho haha.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10351
damn. not too sure what Zango is, but i saw taken and i went

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1580
don't bother with that zango crap, torrents ftw ! look up aXXo torrent of it , it's a dvd rip actually , i scored it last night but haven't watched it yet. i previewed some of it though and it's quality is excellent.

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10354
either way. the movie is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14708
saw it few mths ago

im a tuff movie critic so IMHO it was good but i wouldnt say awesome ...

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10357
well. it all depends on what your looking for when you go see a movie. for an action thriller... it doesnt get much better.

if your comparing it to slumdog millionaire or Benjamin button and expecting to get some kind of deep meaning out of it, then your opinion as a tuff movie critic isnt worth curried dog sh1t. lmao

but that all depends on why you think it wasnt note-worthy son!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2452
i thought it was a great movie also, it was sold out at our 2 biggest theaters all night, we had to go to some run down theater to see it on opening night, still awesome nonetheless.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3181
Me and britt saw it last night and I thought it was GREAT

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11283
I saw it opening day and I thought it was ok. I thought they were too one dimensional with the plot.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1584
i was a little annoyed with not finding out things about the story like what happend to her friend after everything, yes iknow what happened in general. but i felt alot of story was cut by replacing it with action.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3687
We're goin to see it tonight, you guys got me pumped with all the good reviews!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11294
"i felt alot of story was cut by replacing it with action."

Thats exactly what I meant by the movie being one dimensional.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3689
Meh, it was fun to watch, but I wouldn't ever want to watch it again.

I'll agree with Keith and Sean, although I wouldn't even say they cut too much, but instead that there was no story to begin with.

The first 15 minutes or so of setup were pretty transparent. Victim putting themselves in dangerous situation, hero trying to warn them, hero gives in not wanting to jeopardize personal relationship. And of course the obvious ensues. I can accept this for the most part without being too critical.

However, the side story with the pop-star "Sheerah" (lol makes me think of Heman) was like a bad joke. The scene where Neeson's character saves Sheerah from a standard pop-star stabbing attempt had me laughing out loud (the rest of the audience was quiet lol).

And while every action movie has holes in its realism, that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. The Bourne movies for example are at least difficult to find holes in. Brian Mills catching a commercial flight home from paris, immediately after killing dozens of bad guys, shooting 1 innocent women, and blowing up buildings, was pretty silly.

With all that said, Liam Neeson saves the film, and makes it worth watching just once. He plays the character very well, with incredible focus in his anger and determination to rescue his daughter. They were smart to keep Neeson on camera for almost the entire film, he was the film.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11297
Another good description of what the movie lacks.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1585
i was pretty angry at the mother being such a biotch. like come on the man's beaten enough, really ? makes me wish she was the bad guy and they would hunt her down, i think she played a better villan.

another thing to was how the movie was like ok it's over gtfo, we don't need u hanging around asking questions, the end.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3694
Yeah it ended really abruptly because there was no real depth to the storyline. The only post-resolution scene really was Mills and his daughter going to Sheerahs house for a little audition, which was a completely irrelevant part of the plot anyway lol.

BTW Keith...

"i was a little annoyed with not finding out things about the story like what happend to her friend after everything"

... Mills finds the friend's body in the whorehouse, he takes her pulse and then the camera pans to his face looking gloomy, and he leaves her there, so she was dead.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1586
i knew that, i was tryin not to ruin the plot for others, i meant like not showing her family's reaction or her burial.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14731
see this y i held back from making anymore comments - wanted to see if others would see it the way i did - good point guys

like i said above its decent but would not say spectacular ...

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10362
welp....this is my thread so you can all kiss my azz.:-)

LMAO!!

jk

Platinum Member

FTW

Post Number: 10363
"With all that said, Liam Neeson saves the film, and makes it worth watching just once. He plays the character very well, with incredible focus in his anger and determination to rescue his daughter. They were smart to keep Neeson on camera for almost the entire film, he was the film."

Agreed:-O:-O:-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us