Official TAX REFUND thread...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7195
So, what are you getting w/ your tax refund?

I have a good idea of what I'm going to get.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19596
Banking it. It's going to be a tight year.

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1307
very wise Paul very wise

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9429
IDK how much but I do know I need the money.... finances are streched real thin right now in fact I don't remember the last time I had so little in the bank.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19597
Well I design prefabricated engineered wood trusses for one of the largest component manufacturers in the country. Our gravy used to be new single family homes. You know, the things that are a dime a dozen right now? With all the fantastic deals you can get on foreclosures why would anyone pay the premium for new construction? This is going to be a bad year for me.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 279
"Banking it. It's going to be a tight year."

^^^x2

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3259
I'll be putting most of it in the bank as well. Can't just spend all my money on car audio and other useless crap I don't need. Gotta plan for the future... I would like to move out of my parents house someday.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19601
"I would like to move out of my parents house someday."

Son that is a VERY huge step in your life. Sadly with today's economy more and more ppl are moving back IN to their parent's home. So many are losing their homes that they have no choice. Hopefully this country will pull out of this.

Soon.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3260
lol yeah I know Paul. I don't see myself moving out for another 4 or 5 years(I'll be 19 next month). After I finish college and get a job I want to save as much money as I can for 1 or 2 years and then hopefully move into a cheap apartment with a friend.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19603
So you'll be at "home" when you're in you're early 20's? That's where I was! Times they are a changing and also staying the same, so to speak. My father was married and had 4 kids before I even moved out at the same age.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10285
yup. ppl are staying home and getting educations. instead of jumping right into skilled labor 40 hour work weeks. plus the national wages havent quite kept up with the housing market. until now.....

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3409
Hey Paul, why don't you work for a commercial company? Just curious, I have always been more interested in Commercial, which is where I will be heading after college (hopefully Hensel Phelps), residential has always seemed like more of a hobby to me...meaning it's not quite as complicated and gets to be repetitive.

anyway, back on topic, if I get around 400 I may be investing in a new pistol.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9436
I will be 23 when I'm done with school next year and on my own..... right now I live pretty far away at school but everythings paid for on loans so.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3412
I'm hoping to be still 22 when I graduate..lol. what are you majoring in M.S.?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19604
"Hey Paul, why don't you work for a commercial company? "

Not quite sure what that means. I work for Universal Forest products. We are one of the largest component manufacturers in the country. Our size has helped us take the blow the economy is dealing the industry. The fact that we are diversified in what we supply helps us lean on strong markets when others are drying up. Along side housing products we produce pallets, wooden fencing, sheds and more. When other truss manufacturers are closing shop we're refocusing our efforts.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6422
ill probably put it toward a new used truck.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9441
Computer Information Technology

I manage and fix computers and other related electronics. I will be headed for an IT dept somewhere. You know, those guys in the office that your call when you PC bluescreens

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3427
Paul what I meant was, why don't you, or why doesn't your company work in the commercial field of construction in addition to, or instead of the residential side?

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3428
M.S. that sounds badazz man.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 127
i wont get chit lol. i havent been able to work since i got hurt last year, so i had to move back in with my family. it sucks but at least i have them. plus im alive

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19616
"Paul what I meant was, why don't you, or why doesn't your company work in the commercial field of construction in addition to, or instead of the residential side?"

We do. We supply materials for all kinds of buildings. Although I try to stay away from designing trusses for a school directly after a "liquid" lunch.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 FI BL9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 640
AQ 2200

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5068

quote:

I will be headed for an IT dept somewhere. You know, those guys in the office that your call when you PC bluescreens

LOL, I don't call them. 80% of those guys are morons who only know how to configure and wire up servers. Throw an OS or software issue at them and they are clueless. I helped over 50,000 people in five years when I wrote my computer column, and I would say 10% of them (at least the ones that admitted it) were IT guys wanting me to resolve their issues so they didn't look like dumbasses at work. And almost every place I have worked, I ended up helping them out there too.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1650
I would rather owe Uncle Sam money rather than get a refund each year...why should I overpay and have too much money witheld from MY earnings and let Uncle Sam have it all year..so I claim extra dependents on my W4's, so I can have MY money all year and invest it or at least earn some interest, instead of Uncle Sam earning interest on MY money all year!

I have never looked at giving Uncle too much all year, and getting it back the next year, as a smart financial savings move..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19629
Unless you are a compulsive spender. For example those who, when they see a buck in their hand, have to spend it. If it's taken out before hand you don't see it and don't spend it. Take it as a loss but with some ppl's spending habits it could be considered a gain.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9458
You probably already know this Brad. But thats b/c most places now hire people out of those so called p.o.s. tech schools like "computertraining.com" since they can pay them less...... poeple who actually know what they are doing are much more rare, more in demand and therefore more expensive.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5071
Exactly... places like ITT Tech and Devry turn out morons after 12 weeks. WTF could you actually learn in that time?

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9459
Exactly.

There is a lot shorter supply of people with 4 year college degrees and experience, in addition to the certifications. Also most of those people like myself are on that career path b/c it's what interests them..... where as most people from the tech schools are in it for the money.

And the reason those places can graduate people in such a short time is they teach you only what you need to know to pass the certification tests, not everything you need to know for the real world.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2855
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2856
oh, i get no refund. under the table.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums