Any Real Estate Agents On Here?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11376
Just wondering. I'm thinking about seriously getting into the business over the next year with a buddy of mine. And by getting into it, I mean taking the classes and etc. Just wanted to know if anyone is in it cause I got a couple questions.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20375
There are a TON of real estate agents looking for leads right now because of the market. Are you sure about it?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11378
Long story short, yes lol.

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1164
my mom was before we moved lol...I can ask her a few questions for ya if you want

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5126
Depends on the area and the market you are selling in. Johns' area is one of those that could expand and have steady sales once this cycle comes back around -- which seems like soon, because house prices are coming back up and sales have increased dramatically. I say go for it... you can make very good money if you learn the tricks for talking people into things. It's the biggest investment someone will ever make, so it isn't easy to make them confident that you (and the house) are right for them.

This is now a buyers market, and once the word gets around that confidence is returning, everyone will start buying... and the same with the stock market. Buy low.... wait.... sell high. Your commission will be the same %, just for a lower selling price. I have a buddy that is an agent in the La Jolla area down the road from me. He works a few days a week (but all day 16+) and he has million dollar home near the beach, a Viper, and a few hundred thou in the bank. And hot girls.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20378
I too am glad the market is on the verge of a major upswing. I'm IN the housing industry and have seen competitor after competitor fold up and close doors. I'm glad I work for one the largest corporations in my field.

It's kinda like the pine barrens close to where I live. There averages a major fire every couple of years wiping out thousands of acres at a clip. It takes everything and leaves the trees "barren". It's a nature thing, clearing out all the brush and nonsense. When the dust settles, the trees sprout back to life minus the clutter around them.

I'm damn glad to be one of those trees.

On a sad note my sister-in-law just got laid off from IBM. Worked there 10 years. She made $150,000+. She was in multimedia with Disney as her account. Thankfully IBM has a great severance package. One weeks' pay for every 6 months of service. For her that's like a $58,000 check. PLUS she keeps her medical for 6 months and she can apply within the company for an open position.

In my company if they let you go they might not even let you keep your lunch in the fridge. They tell you outside, take your swipe card, and forward your personal belongings to your address at their convenience. You don't even get to say goodbye to anyone. By the time you get in your car your desk has been pirated, the IT guy has commandeered your pc, the fat f@ck you've always hated in your office is eating your lunch and the shipping guy is cutting down your parking sign. Your insurance canceled THAT day, you forfeit vacation time and I'm pretty sure they send someone over the next day to kick you in the balls for good measure.

God I love my job.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5127
That last paragraph is hilarious

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3848
lol good stuff Paul. Sounds like how my dad got laid off after more than 2 decades with the same company :-(

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20382
Yes times are tough. They will get better as with any recession. If you're in the stock market now is the time to analyze/invest, if you know where to look.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11390
I wish I had money to invest right now Paul. I just don't have the funds. Hard to justify gambling a couple thousand bucks when it's all I got lol.

But yea Brad is correct. My area is actually beginning to look like its coming back alive. This may really seem like a long shot and a dream but we are planning on getting our feet wet in our local area in Northern VA and then heading west to Cali but who knows what'll happen lol. I just think this could be something that I could succeed at.

I'm going to talk to my college adviser this week and see what she has to say. If she doesn't answer my questions about it then I'll talk to ya Goodie.

Paul, that last paragraph is awesome lol

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6487
Sh;t is still so bad around here its unreal. There is a new power plant going up by me and they need 1000 people to build it. well 5000 people showed up for applications. just to give you an idea. I know alot of people out of work, and not kids adults in their 30s and 40s. Im just really lucky we are busy at my work.

Iv got a friend who is a real estate agent in the orlando area and he hasnt been able to move anything in a long time.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20388
^^^Yup. I recently bought something off someone in the real estate business in my area. He was selling vinyl replacement windows he was holding in his garage. Brand new windows he was selling for $17 each, because he needed the $$. These are $150 double pane windows. I snatched them up, then later felt bad about it.

That's the time we live in though. Ppl are selling their pets on Craigslist in order to get by. It's a damn shame.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3849

quote:

Ppl are selling their pets on Craigslist

What!?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20394
I see it all the time. Whether ppl are moving due to foreclosure or simply can't afford to feed them anymore. On rare occasions you see morons trying to turn a profit. Sometimes breeders advertise which is against listing rules as well.

Due to Craigslists' free to list nature all sorts of ppl are taking advantage of it, and doing so illegally. The er0tic area has been under the heat lamp for quite some time now due to all the prostitution. Stalkers/serial killers are using it now too.

Fucked up world we play in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us