Man, Did Christmas Come Early In New York or What?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10810
CC Sabathia signs with the Yankees today and now we are trying to outbid the Braves for Burnett with a guranteed 5 year deal approaching $91.5 million, as reported. Also have been reading reports that Ben Sheets and Derek Lowe are still in talks with the Yankees. Also reading reports that we are interested in Tex and Manram. Obviously won't sign all of them and I doubt we will pursue Manram or Tex too hard. I would love to see a healthy Ben Sheets or AJ Burnett in pinstripes though. Hell, even Derek Lowe would be legit.

But thats not it, even the Mets are making moves. Signing K-Rod to a three year deal and getting JJ Putz today in a three way trade. That should help their bullpen problems from last year. This makes them one of the best in the NL.

Btw, how does Boston respond to this news of the Yankees.....by talking to John Smoltz today lmao

Hope my jacket has room for some more patches :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9009
I'd say what

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10812
Hey Rob, if I give you a dollar, will you stfu?

JK bud :-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9011
How long do I have to stay quiet? I could make some serious money if enough people chip in ^_^

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3112
CC's a sellout

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10816
STFU Steve lol

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 3115
Fuckin' Yankees. I was listening to some talk radio on my way to work today, and they were talking about it. It was funny as hell. They were like, the Brewers are probably frantically searching for 100mil. "oh wait call him up we found 100mil in between the sofa cushions." I was crackin up lol.

I love talk radio in the morning. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4769
yankees will stil suk. they will all throw out there amrs btw lowe is now a bum lol eveer since he left us

hey yanks serious ? why does it seem the yanks always want our trash lol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3610
Another CHOKER in New York.

Johnboi you better hope he starts off strong and never looks back. What was it 8-year/$161 Million? You Yankee brats are gonna boo him louder than A-Rod. Money can't buy happiness!

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 922
"I would love to see a healthy Ben Sheets..."

You'll see Bigfoot first.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10821
"yankees will stil suk. they will all throw out there amrs btw lowe is now a bum lol eveer since he left us
hey yanks serious ? why does it seem the yanks always want our trash lol"

Lowe is such a bum that you guys are considering bringing him back as well right? Don't get me wrong, out of Burnett, Sheets, and Lowe, I would take Lowe last due to age but he is still a solid pitcher. As for the "serious" question, I don't know lol. It was justifiable with some of the pick ups we had. I'm just glad to see that we are finally going after what we needed for the past 3 seasons and will finally have a very productive off season.

"Johnboi you better hope he starts off strong and never looks back. What was it 8-year/$161 Million? You Yankee brats are gonna boo him louder than A-Rod. Money can't buy happiness!"

Money can't buy happiness but its a good down payment. I don't see why we are going to boo our new number 1 starter unless he doesn't perform but I don't see that happening. With the players we have backing him up at the plate and on D, there it no reason to suspect that he couldn't win 18-20 games. Factor that in with Chien's possibility of another 18-20 games with Lowe/Burnett/Sheets winning another 15 and Joba giving us a nice 150 innings and we have a pretty freaking solid rotation especially if Hughes matures this year. I don't see how CC is a choker.....he certainly didn't choke last year in Milwaukee where he led that team to the playoffs.

"You'll see Bigfoot first."

Lmao. Sadly enough that is probably true. He is such a good players when he is healthy.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1817
no suprise, yankees are just buying an all-star team again.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1818
and lmao stryvn.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10822
Not our fault the league won't issue a salary cap. We aren't breaking any rules.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1819
they get all the best players and still suck which is the funny part.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10826
Hmmm. Interesting Snow. Explain to me how they have sucked.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3024
gotta admit it's pretty interesting a-rod and and jeter alone make more than the entire tampa bay rays...

but hten again the yankees farrr from suck...

and id have some words for cc if i saw him in person as a cleveland fan

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19308
Sadly pro sports across the board is heading towards a pay per view industry. Been saying it for years. We aren't too far away from having to pay $20 to watch an NFL game, $4.95 for a MLB game.

They lose me at that point.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3617
"Sadly pro sports across the board is heading towards a pay per view industry. Been saying it for years. We aren't too far away from having to pay $20 to watch an NFL game, $4.95 for a MLB game."

I don't think that will happen in our lifetime. Only very selectively like with the Thursday night NFL Network games. Much past that, and the sports industry would start to go down due to lack of fan support in my opinion.

What about the ridiculous $$$ amounts pro sports pull in from selling jerseys and other memorabilia? Those things sell because everyone's favorite sports superstars are on our t.v.'s for free 24/7 (free, other than your standard cable bill).

Paularrhea, you are a crazy man.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4895
Cal I am not sure I would want to call out a guy who is 6-7, 290 lol.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10839
Lol word Brad.

Anyone else see the rumors that the Yankees are going after Tex and if we don't land Tex, then we move to ManRam. Still shopping for another pitcher too.

:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10095
size doesnt matter...its all about the heat in yer coat pocket. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10096
as much money as the Yankees spend on salary, they shouldn't be allowed to lose a game. jesus.....

but as a yankees fan....you will never understand that your team is laughed at by every other team in the league not b.c they are the winningest team, but b.c of how much money they spend to do it. :-) done.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19311
I'm serious Pit. Since my youth I have seen many free things in life become expensive ones. The NFL network taking only one game is the start. Eventually the high ticket prices will squash the average Joe from going to games FORCING him to pay a little to watch it at home.

It's kinda like your satellite plan. At first you get a great deal. Turn around and you question why your bill is twice what it was. It doesn't matter now, you're hooked on it and they know it.

They keep you blind and content but in the end they're flucking you.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6267
yankees blow year after year. they will find away to f*ck this season up too.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10841
"but as a yankees fan....you will never understand that your team is laughed at by every other team in the league not b.c they are the winningest team, but b.c of how much money they spend to do it. :-) done."

It's ok, we are laughing at everyone else when we look at the 26 World Series Championships we have :-) .....soon to be 27+

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3625
The spending spree continues. Mark Texiera 6years/$180million.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23150
this is why baseball sux. you can buy a world championship.

one thing for sure though, the yankees are going to be awesome to watch. it would be like watching the all star team.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23151
btw yanks, don't ever confused the old yankees with the new. the old yankees earned their championship.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4978
The Yankees have $420 million (almost half a billion dollars) invested in CC, AJ, and Tex. And they now have the four highest paid players in all of baseball on one team. Salary cap anyone?

And the best part is that this by no means guarantees thay will win the AL East. And if they don't... heads are gonna roll.

Platinum Member

Http://lowdo... Join My User...

Post Number: 10910
I was wondering when someone was going to bump this thread back up arguing the Yankees are "buying the World Series".....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23154
lol you know i couldn't resist. you guys too tex from us. damn. he "WAS" my favorite angel.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23155
btw when i go to the yanks game with you guys next year, i was gonna be all decked out in my tex jersey. but now i have to go buy a new one.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3626
Johnboi is right the Yankees can't buy the world series, they also can't seem to buy a team with good chemistry, or a strong desire to win. They are good at buying random expensive players and that's about it.

The Yankees also cannot buy their integrity back.

The Yankees will NOT win the WS in 09'.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10913
Pit, what do you mean with buying our integrity back?

And to be honest, I won't be surprised if we don't win the World Series. We have the talent obviously. But bringing in this many new players, it'll take some adjusting.

How do we not have a strong desire to win?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4981
Reports are that the Yankees are close to signing a three-year - $75 million deal with Manny Ramirez, who has said to close friends: "I want to get back at the Red Sox 19 times a year".

I have a feeling the Mets may sign him though. They pretty much have to if they don't want to be also-rans in NY sports.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Post Number: 6286
i hate boston with a firey passion, but i might root for them just because i'm sure john boy has nutted his drawers over the yankees for the past few weeks non stop. i still don't think CC will pan out how he's supposed to, and AJ Burnett isn't really anything special. Tex is raw, but i think they overpaid, what am I saying, they overpay for everyone...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10916
Hmm, interesting thoughts Reece. Its funny cause Burnett is nothing special.....oh wait, he's never lost to Boston in his career, I forgot about that. Now he finally has an offense to back him up so he should see a boost in his wins. CC should pan out just fine. I don't see why everyone keeps saying he won't be good. I don't understand, can someone fill me in why this CY Young winner who went 11-2 in half of a season with a 1.65 era in 17 games with a mediocre team at best is going to be bad with the most potent offense in the league backing him now? I must be missing something.

And who cares if we over paid, its not like we don't have money......oh wait.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2841
hmm should i chime in ...

possibly later if this gets better

nah fack it nows good ...

lets see here ...
How many players in their starting lineup for the sox in the beg. of 08 started off their careers as red sox? two ... pedroia and youk .. what happened to the inflated contract u gave jd drew? jd drew?????? fine the guy hit a few homers in the play offs but hes no where near what he was getting paid ... streakest of all red sox to date and hes a huge puss... lugo .. now lets not get started on that steroided up piece of trash ... guy deserves to be in AAA ... pedroia and youk .. fine the guys are solid ... ortiz ... hmm big poopy not to playing to good without manram sitting behind .. it mustve been nice to see all fastballs all the time right in ur kitchen .. its cool to have the most potent right handed bat in the league sitting right behind u all year for 4 years. lowell .. those steroid withdrawls hurt u this year buddy ... guy has one good year cuz he hit balls 200 feet off the green monster for doubles and hes all of a sudden the anti christ of 3rd baseman ... the guy can slap the leather no one will take that away from him .. .but hes average all around at best .. no speed ... no baserunning ablities and hes poor when he needs to do sosmething productive with his outs ... cant but ... no sacrificies and hes notihng but a b1tch when it comes to learning the strike zone ..

the best team in baseball still is the rays and i am a die hard yankees fan.

}

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4984
Nice, Mike lol.

Reece is correct about AJ. He has battled injuries off and on his whole career. In ten seasons he only pitched over 200 innings three times. When the marlins won the WS in '03 he rode the pine and went 0-2. Even last year when he won 18 games with the Jays, his ERA was over 4. When he is healthy he can bring it, but the Yankees paid 3.00 ERA money to a guy with a career record of 87-76 and an ERA of almost 4. AJ is not even in the same stratosphere as a Jake Peavy or Roy Halladay, yet he makes more than both.

CC will dominate with the Yankees. The guy is a freak, and if the Yanks can score 5-6 runs a game for him he will win 20+ and take home another CY.

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1617
You can buy all you want in December, but that don't mean anything in October!...just ask Tampa!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19404
Hey I hear ticket prices for opening day at the new stadium are going to be $.25. Pretty cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2842
but i love how the red sox fans are constantly saying this and that and the other thing ... henry has money dont let him fool you .. better hope lowell devolped a new steroid to keep him healthy or else u guys have no 3rd baseman ... lets see youk at 3rd puts mark kotsay at 1st for the sox .. seems like a great player to me ... hopefully he can hit 230 this year with no power ... very little speed and a piss poor glove ..

hopefully pedroia and youk have the same years cuz if they dont ... looks like the tables have turned ... cuz when it comes down to it .. beckett was hurt and prolly still is ... u dont get tingling feels in ur hand for no reason ... lester has talent ... and walk a ton dice k will get his sooner or later .. cant walk 8 guys a game for ever ... it will back fire .. oh yea and the most potent 1 2 punch in the league is going to reak havoc on boston ... hmm .. tex and arod ... looks like boston is alittle worried ... tim wakefield scary ... clay buckholz scary ... oh and wheres the captain? i guess the red sawx realized that hitting 210 with no power no speed and no arm just isnt gonna cut it .. good luck with george kottaras behind the plater ... hes a real solid prospect...

no one and i repeat no one is gonna say something on here and not get a rebuttle from me ... the red sox are sh1ting their pants right now and anyone here knows it ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
Talk is cheap..and yours is especially unfounded and typical of a Sox hater..love the way you attempt to dissect the Sox, like someone of feeble knowledge or ESP...we shall see...I remember someone else talking like you, when Sox blew off the Yanks, but at least he had enough class to use some sense ...but still had to eat crow...hope ya like crow!

BTW...money and old stats don't win current games, heart and attitudes do..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2843
trust me if u want me to dissect the sox more i will ... dont give me some big and bad response like ur the guru of sports ...

money and old stats dont win current games? wow really nailed the head on that one .. but when it comes down to it .. explain to me how the red sox are a contender this year ... i really wanna hear it ... regardless of the situation .. u have no rebuttle ...

and theres no hate for the red sox or any other major league team .. i can dissect everyteam in the majors over and over again ... but when push comes to shove ... the sox arent that good .. and right neither are the yankees .. sure they increase their chances of having more quality starts and 200+ innings from each of these guys ... havent had that in years since jimmy key and david cone were yankees ... no person in the world is gonna deny the fact that beckett had a piss poor year last year and pretty much ever year in his career since he was a rookie with florida ... one good reg season ... the guy is good in the playoffs no one can knock him of that ..

as far as using sense? explain to me how the red sox are better team then the yanks i wanna hear it .. cuz it certainly doesnt seem to accurate to me ... pitching wise no way ... not now .. the only part of the sox that is better then the yankees now is the OF ...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4814
mike your right there not a better team. they dont have the talent. but for some reason they will come out fighting. they are trying to lower there salary and bring more guys up in there system seeing how that makes players that want it more. seeing how the whole yankee team just wants money and thats it when the money's gone they'll turn there back to the beloved yanks. Just wait till the season im sure the sox will pick up a couple players they'll b fine.

btw the biggest mistake the sox have made in the last 5 yrs is not keeping orlando cabrera now were hurting in the spot and nobody will ever be as good as him

Gold Member

Post Number: 1633
Anybody who has ever played on the professsional level KNOWS its all about heart and attitude ...cause at that level, physical abilities are all basically the same....the love, desire, heart and attitude is what seperates a winner from the rest..EX: Ripken, Schmidt, Yaz, Oliva, Aaron, Berra, Koufax, Carew, Eckersley.... and its an entire TEAM with great heart, attitudes and chemistry that wins games, NOT a bunch of self centered individuals looking for just the big pay days!...those type teams tend to self destruct with too many ego's clashing ( Jeter - Arod etc)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23160
^^^^yep. look at the cowboys this year.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3633
"Anybody who has ever played on the professsional level KNOWS its all about heart and attitude ...cause at that level, physical abilities are all basically the same....the love, desire, heart and attitude is what seperates a winner from the rest..EX: Ripken, Schmidt, Yaz, Oliva, Aaron, Berra, Koufax, Carew, Eckersley.... and its an entire TEAM with great heart, attitudes and chemistry that wins games, NOT a bunch of self centered individuals looking for just the big pay days!...those type teams tend to self destruct with too many ego's clashing ( Jeter - Arod etc)"

I couldn't agree more with the general philosophy you're preaching. Although I will say I don't think Jeter belongs in that group with most of the Yankee Dbags. Jeter has always been about good fielding, hustle and passion IMO. Unfortunately for the Yankees, their best "team" player, is now one of the worst shortstops in baseball.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1635
I beleive Jeter is a great player, and so is Arod, no doubt...but their clash affects the entire team..attitude is not just about winning or hustle, its towards your teammates as well, and what chemisty it creates for the entire team..and the Jeter and Arod situation was just an example of how great players do NOT necessarily bring great results to an entire team.. but I think we're on the same page

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3634
Your style of posting seems eerily familiar to me JFHH's... IF THATS YOUR REAL NAME!...... LK!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us