Judge's daughter sues driver she ran into during crash

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9075
Judge's daughter sues driver she ran into during crash
By BRIAN ROGERS Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle
Dec. 18, 2008, 7:42AM

Elizabeth Shelton, shown with her father, juvenile court Judge Pat Shelton, had a blood alcohol concentration more than three times the legal limit when the SUV she was driving rear-ended a truck, killing her boyfriend.

Convicted last year of intoxication manslaughter for the death of her boyfriend, the 21-year-old daughter of a state district judge is suing the truck driver she ran into during a drunken driving crash.

Elizabeth Shelton, the daughter of juvenile judge Pat Shelton, is accusing truck driver Lance Bennett of negligence in the Oct. 23, 2007, wreck that killed her boyfriend Matthew McNiece.

Shelton had a blood alcohol concentration more than three times the legal limit, two tests showed. She was sentenced to eight years' probation and had to serve four months in jail.

Shelton, her family and the family of the boyfriend who was killed are suing for $20,000 for the destruction of the Lexus SUV she was driving and an undetermined amount for mental anguish, pain and suffering.

Bennett was driving the box truck that Shelton rear-ended on the Southwest Freeway near Kirby around 2 a.m.

Bennett's attorney, John Havins, said the lawsuit, filed in October, was the last chance to make a claim before the statute of limitations ran out.

He noted that Shelton named 16 defendants, including insurance companies and banks. "They're just throwing everything against the wall to see if anything sticks," Havins said.

During Shelton's trial, an expert for the defense testified there was evidence that Bennett swerved into Shelton's lane. An expert for the prosecution, however, said there wasn't evidence that Bennett got in her way.

Testimony also showed that the company Bennett was working for let the insurance on the truck lapse.

"The injuries and property damage sustained by (Shelton and her family) were not the result of intentional acts, but were accidental and caused by the negligence of the uninsured/underinsured driver," Shelton's attorney Mark Sandoval wrote in the lawsuit.

brian.rogers@chron.com

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 954
retardism

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3016
She just needs to admit she fucked up and get over it. Grow a pair and move on. People like this need to die.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19338
"He noted that Shelton named 16 defendants, including insurance companies and banks. "They're just throwing everything against the wall to see if anything sticks," Havins said."

See that's what fuels greedy ppl like these. Because frivolous lawsuits like these every so often DO pay out. It's why most any insurance policy is as expensive as it is.

IMO personal liability limits one has on their policy should not be attainable to those looking to sue them. It gives them a benchmark to where they aim their greed. If they see you have a minimum of $15,000 that's what they sue for. Out of court settlement is what any lawyer wants. If you have a million $ umbrella policy be prepared for a lengthy battle over it. In today's world it's about who has money and how the cretins try to relieve you of it.

It's not even over right or wrong anymore of which this case is completely filled with.

I hope Shelton wraps her car around a tree someday while drinking and driving. Then the owner of the tree can sue her estate for a million $ over emotional distress.

Unbelievable.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4482
I bet she walks away from this very wealthy.

Car crash vid
http://www.khou.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=96467&catId= 35

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4483
Upload

She cute.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1557
"suing for $20,000 for the destruction of the Lexus SUV she was driving and an undetermined amount for mental anguish, pain and suffering. "

Speaking of greed the poor sap bf get's killed and they sue for her lexus? forget the pain and anguish i see the majority of 20 grand being the car and even then 20 grand? you killed someone you nut job. what in your mind makes you think any of that should be yours? remindes me of liar liar when jim carey's secertary talks about her friend being sued by a burgalar for cutting his leg on a butcher knife. now besides all this i'd really like to know why the bf's family isn't suing her for killing him? like really WTF?

now adding to the Wtfness , she seems cute i'd enjoy that but i wouln't wanna have her drive if we went anywhere.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14555
she deserves a big STFU & GTFO !!!!!...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4941
She is cute Marc when she is all dolled up:

Upload

After the crash, not so much:

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19356
Money hungry $#@!$

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10157
she looks like one of those people from Faces of Meth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us