My new pc build with pics.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1537
It's Finally time, i thought it be easier to link to my build pics then repost, so heres the link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=86275&id=507160478

Parts list

Motherboard

Asus M3a78 - T

Ram

4 Gigs G Skill Ram

Case

Antec 900

Drives

Lg Blu - ray player / DVD /Cd burner

Lg Dvd / CD burner with light scribe

Hp dvd burner/ cd burner

Hdd

1000 Gig Seagate Sata drive

Graphics Card

9600 Gt Nvidia 512mb card

PSU

850 Watt Thermatake Black Widow Edition

CPU

Amd Phenom 9950 Quad Core Processor.

i think that pretty much wraps it up.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4817
That's a great rig Keith, nice job.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1538
thanks Brad, i'm just starting to have fun with it, i completed all the tweaking and fine tuning yesterday.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1539
i just found out my store had a diff card on sale so i'm returing the other , for like 45 bucks more i manged to pickup a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX + card so it goes in a lil later tonight, maybe i'll get pics up later.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8971
That's sweet man. The 9800GTX is quite the step up from the previous card. What operating system are you using? In order to take advantage of that 4GB of ram you need to run 64bit.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2135
nice build man. I wish the antec 900 came with the inside painted.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8973
By the way I didn't see any pics :-(

Gold Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 1188
yours turned out better than this guys :-)

Upload

exspanding foam wasn't good idea

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4869

Alot of that expanding foam has cyanide in it, which is always a good thing.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1540
i'll get to resizing and upload a few but i'm struggling to the point of no end on 2 things, 1 how in the hell do i get 64 bit to install? i been told a few things i been told vista ultimate should automaticlly detect ur hardware and go to 64 bit, which i wastold the same thing on windows xp pro. i own alot of OS discs, all of them acctually, xp home prem a oem dell of professional, and a vista home prem but if u by pass the serial entering part u can select any vista os, the main issue is how the fudge do i make it go into 64 bit mode? i'm really good with compuyers but just can't seem to make it happen, everyones got a diff answer. also i been through 3 diff cards now, the ati my mobo based card, the nvidia 9600 gt which i exchanged for the 9800 gtx + and in the end the same result, with a dvi to vga adapter, even componet the picture pretty much ether looks like crap on componet or semi ok on dvi to vga adapter with vga cable. i'm pulling my hair out over it, i been down to windows xp, up to vista with still know answer. it's urking me like no other cause on my old computer on the old 256 meg ati the screen looked great on xp, not vista. ether way my picture looks un sharp and i ether get faded bright images or jagged looking icons and stuff idk i'm so lost on how to render this issue. i'm also on a 2 yr old samsung high deff 32 inch lcd tv. helllp! lol thanks for all of the props though, it's my first personal power house build.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8976
You have to get the 64 bit Vista disc.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8977
As far as the video card issue goes...do you have the latest drivers? Any time you use an adapter you decrease the quality of your picture. If you have the 64 bit vista disc let me know what the error is that you're having and I can probably help you out.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1541
nah it's not 64 bit disc, the video thing though it's a genric pnp adapter so mybe that's the issue.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8978
Well you really need to get your hands on a 64bit Vista disc and install that. If you don't you can't take full advantage of your 4gb of ram. To my knowledge a 32bit can only see and use 4gb of ram, you're supposed to add the ram installed in your dimms and memory on your video card up and see what you get and if you exceed 4gb you definitely need to step it up to a 64bit O.S. Hopefully you know someone with it so you don't have to waste money.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8979
Here's the Antec 1200 I built by the way:

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/th3pwn3r/CleanSide.jpg[/IMG]

Here's my CoolerMaster HAH 932:

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/th3pwn3r/CoolerMaster%20HAF%20932/100_112 6.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member
Username: Heavens

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 22
very nice keith! I'll have to post some of my comp up too I have the antec 9 as well. Unfortunately mine is about a year dated (dual core 6400) and only 3 gigs of ram with a 3870 x2 ati card.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 8981
http://www.behardware.com/articles/736-4/report-4-radeon-hd-4870s-versus-3-gefor ce-gtx-280s.html

If you scroll down to the bottom there's info about the memory issues that you'll run into.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1542
After some hard work and smashing my bandwith into oblivion. i'm running on 64 bit vista, so here's the pics as promised to tickle ur visual side.

Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload

last ones a blu ray running from the blu ray drive.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9010
Please clean up that wiring, it's not doing the airflow any favors Keith =/
That pic below is of a sloppy job I did on wiring.Upload

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1544
those were earlier pics before the new graphics card went in and i been pulling parts out at aconstant to adjust this or that. i just got everything acctually fully installed last night. so i shouldn't need to swap stuff out. ether way i understand rob and plan to. i been busy with work to , with the holidays thier pouring on the hours. i'll post new pics up next week or so when i get time, i'm just floored.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9014
Haha, I know the feeling. After working a while on things you just want to use them. That's good that you're getting hours, a lot of people don't even have jobs.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1545
i been unemployed like a year and 4 months so i know the meaning of broke. it's just dumb luck i found a opening.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9019
Well good for you man, I lost my job about 2 weeks ago now. Hopefully I'll have a good gig kicking in for me in March but that's a long time away. I have my fingers crossed though.

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1547
good luck i hope it all works out for you. it's so bad my state extended un employment a 2nd time. they extended bennifits once already and they claim they might extend it a 3rd time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us