October baseball

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 22493
the angels yet again fall to the boston red sox. lester is a beast. good job boston.

now the dodgers on the other hand is a different story. they are the hottest team in baseball right now. they took care of the cubs without breaking a sweat. lol.

my prediction is dodgers vs blue rays.

as good as the sox are, i see them struggling against the blue rays. but who knows right? boston are after all the champs and have proven they can play when it matters.

as for the phillies, they are good but the dodgers are just too hot right now.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4564
Both series are evenly matched with pitching, speed and power. Seems like all four teams are hot as they can be right now, so this will be fun to watch. If Jimmy Rollins stays hot and Ryan Howard gets rolling again, the Phillies will take out the Dodgers.

And Chad - that's the Ray's, formerly the Devil Rays. You are combining/confusing them with the Toronto Blue Jays, or Blu Ray

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10409
Are the blue rays a new expansion team i have not seen? I have not watched baseball in a month so i could have missed them

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

6 12s SonySony for life

Post Number: 2531
Chad is a hater.... Angles

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22495
lol blue rays ftw. sorry about that. hahahahaha.

yanks, don't be hatin cause your team is nowhere to be seen. lol.

lol gus.

all i gotta say is that torre is a genius. he really knows how to manage a team.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22496
btw guys, yesterday's angels/sox game was great. if it wasn't for that stupid squeeze play called by sciossa, angels might of won. but i guess you gotta give him credit for making such a gutsy call.

the monday night football game was awesome too. i was too busy going back and forth.

then after the game was over, i was busy going back and forth between heros and prison break. lol. what a busy night.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22497
also brad, lets not forget lowe and bilingsley. they are pitching flawlessly. also the dodgers bullpen is solid right now. name maddux says it all. and manny is hitting what like .400+ since he became a dodger? lol. not to mention guys like like martin is clutch.

in baseball only advantage a home team has is batting last. and thats only if the game is tied. i see dodgers taking game 1 and the rest at home.

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10410
Screw you chad lol. Im pulling for the dodgers but its obvious the best team in right now is boston. Joe is the only person who knows how to beat boston so if any team left can beat them it will be la

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22498
lol yanks. joe is the man. he can beat the boston red sux.

what sux is that this year was pretty much the angels last chance. they won't be getting the same guys back. k rod is gone and i think tex is gone too. tex wants a 10 year deal and i doubt the angels are gonna go for it. so looks like rebuilding for the angels.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22499
oh and fyi, i've always been a national league fan. that is why i liked the dodgers more than the angels. i don't believe in DH.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22528
well looks like the dodgers are done unless they win the next 3 at home which is very hard to do.

boston is going to repeat.

papelbon is now my favorite pitcher. i mean that dude is awesome. when he comes out you can see it in the other team fan's faces that it's over. lol. he is too awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2743
not over yet for the rays dont count em out .. they are solid as they come bostons pen is gonna kill them .. minus papelbon but even he isnt mariano in the playoffs

mark my words

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 511
Papelbon is the BEST, screw Mariano now...but I respect the Rays, and their "kick back enjoy the game" attitude and youthful play...BUT IMO, you're gonna see Philly get beat by the Red Sox in the WS...The Sox have a "can do playful" attitude with great pitching and good mix of players and bench!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3529
"Papelbon is the BEST"

The best what? The best at being your favorite player? Sure. The best closer in the game? lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2744
get off the drugs before u classify rivera with papelbon

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10448
Lol. Mo >>>>>>>>>> Papelgone

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22529
what a game tonight. i can't believe its still going lol.

rays better win this one or else its over. they gotta face lester (best starter in MLB) in boston.

btw the dodgers are going to be the cinderella team. they will take the next 4 and go on to ws and win. it will be manny against his old team. it will be awesome. torre + manny = championship.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3530
Soria > M.R.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4572
Its over Chad. The Phillies are winning even without much output from Howard or Rollins. They will step up these next few games along with Utley and Burrell and pound the Dodgers.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
Great game last nite with Rays and Sox..The Rays, even though not all that talented, always find a way to win this year..this will be a great series, no matter who wins..and Papelbon, without question, is one of the best closers in baseball, which can't be argued..

Also Manny is who brought the Dodgers to this series, and that fact and his talents, can't honestly be questioned..few have his talents..but I think the Dodgers are going to need much more to stay alive..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2746
soria better then mariano ..

find a building jump off and hope u land on a tack hammer ....

u could combine the talent of the entire royals pen and it wouldnt equal mariano

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4573
A little premature to call Soria better than Rivera at this point. The thing about Mariano is that he doesn't get as much pub in the past few years because of all the other superstars in NY, but he has quietly gone about his business and pretty much every year since 1997 he has been money. And the only other person on earth that can say that is Trevor.

Mariano also had his best year in awhile and on a not so great Yankees team, and unlike Trevor, he looks to have a couple more solid years in him.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22530
rofl the sox are getting stomped. oh well i retract my previous statement about boston repeating. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
Yogi Lee...It ain't over til its over!...its a 7 game series!...lol

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4581
Dont be alarmed haha-man... Chad's capriciousness is pretty legendary around these parts. But he is still the best*

For the less fortunate:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/capriciousness

* best at what, changes weekly. Or weakly depending on your outlook.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22531
lol brad you know me so well.

justfothaha, i'm a bandwagon fan when it comes to baseball. lol. i really don't like to watch it unless its the post season. since the dodgers are in the post season i am watching even more. they are losing at the moment. its 2-1 but still just doesn't look like the dodgers are gonna do anything this game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22532
hey guys i got a question that has been bothering me for the longest time.

why is it that a hitter bats well if he bats in front of manny. the announcers keep saying the #2 spot in the batting line up is the best cause manny is batting the #3 spot. why is that?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4584
Because the pitcher has to throw the #2 hitter strikes because he doesn't want to walk the guy or have anyone on when Manny steps up. If the guy hitting after you sucks, the pitcher will throw you junk off the plate because he knows the next guy is weak. It's called being "protected in the lineup".

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22533
thanks brad. you da best.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2751
ideally the 3rd hitter on the team is supposed to be the guy whos going to hit alot of doubles ... high OBP and good speed ...

ie ... chase utley ... bobby abreu ... etc etc ..

the 4th hitter is the one who will drive the people in .. not always the best "hitter" but one who hits the ball hard with consistency doesnt strike out alot .. and utilizes all fields therefore rising the possiblities of manufacturing a run with a ball to the right side of the infield or a fly ball into the field with a man on base ...

they are also more likely to be pitched around due to the fact that pitchers no why they are there and want to utilize their scouting reports more effectively, in turn most teams use their 5 hitter to offset most scouting reports making their lineup as tough as possible for 3 outs ...

take a line up like the yanks or the sox

ortiz
manny
lowell
youk

jeter
abreu
arod
giambi

now i dont know about you but a pitcher seeing a lineup like that would have to pitch quite carefully ...

protection is key in a lineup because the team has to utilize their weapons effectively or else they go to waste ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22534
well thats that. looks like the dodgers are going to lose. oh well better luck next year i guess. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2756
and like i said ... the red sox pen will blow the game for them ...

wakefield had no knuck ..

and their pen decided to give up 6 unearned through 6 innings. . lovely

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22536
wtf is up with the sox? damn. i can't believe what i am seeing. they should have a rule in baseball where if you lead by 10 then its an automatic win. lol. like in ping pong. i believe when you are up 7-0 you win. i forgot what you call that though.

anyways i think i am seeing a trend here. the team i am rooting for are getting destroyed. first the angels. now the dodgers. then i started to like the sox and they are getting destroyed.

with that said, lets go phillies and rays. they are my new favorite teams.

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
Chad...its called the "Mercy" rule (10 run lead), which doesn't apply in any professional sport game, but is common in softball and some other sprts...in ping pong, its called getting "skunked" 7-0...

Yes the Sox piching has been getting hit hard by the Rays, and with a comfortable 3-1 lead, the Sox will have to pull off an improbable (but possible) 3 game sweep to stay in this..Again I say the Rays talent is not all that great, but I believe winning the WS is their destiny this year...they are definitely "overachievers " this year..Being an AL fan, I will cheer them on, if they go to the series..

Chad you seem to be a "jinx" for all the teams ya like, how about rooting for Philly "only" for the remaining games...giving the Dodgers, Sox and Rays a chance!.....lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22543
well didn't the sox fall behind 3-1 to the indians last year? so its not all that impossible. and yes i am rooting for philly. hahaha.

manny vs his old team in the WS is still not impossible. it would be the network's dream come true if it was dodgers and red sox in the world series. the ratings would sky rocket. just think about it. manny vs sox and the sox are paying his salary.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1350
"in ping pong, its called getting "skunked" 7-0"

i thought it was 11-0.

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
Actually there are many variations of the rules of ping pong...some call 7-0 and 11-1 a skunk...and others say there is no such thing as a skunk, and must play til 21...so it all depends on which rules you are applying...if ya do a google , you'll see all these variations...its almost like playing cards and "pitch"...everybody plays it differently..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22550
lets go phillies!!!!

dodgers are done. see you next year manny!!! have fun fishing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 617
Congrats to all you Phillie fans, now going to the WS...finally won , first time in 15 years..

Bad year for LA fans...Angels, Dodgers, Lakers...well maybe next time..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22564
yeah it was.

not a picnic out there either though. besides the celtics winning the championship (actually i should say garnett winning the ship), they blew the perfect season in football by losing to the giants. and now this. it looks like the rays are playing a little league team in the alcs. i mean i have never seen a team get owned like this during the post season. especially in their home field. not 1, not 2, but 3 games in a row they got skunked. i mean its too paiful to watch. it looks like a routine batting practice for the rays. oh well maybe next year the sox can make it a bit more interesting by not getting blown out every single home game.

like i said, there should be a "skunk" rule in baseball. maybe after seeing the sox take it up the azz so hard, they just might make that rule. rofl.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22566
oops maybe i spoke too soon? damn big papi just hit a long ball. lol

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22567
rofl at the people that left the stadium early. they are missing a great game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22569
oh sh!t jd drew. damn are the sox gonna make me eat my words again? they did last year when i thought the indians had them. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22570
omg i can't believe they won. i retract my statement about boston playing like little league against the rays. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 630
RED SOX is the COMEBACK TEAM of the decade!...Win 8-7 in bottom of 9th , after being down 7-0...Can U say JD DREW and COMEBACK!...LMAO..Biggest comeback game in post season history since 1949...

Tampa will be tough at home the next 2 games, but Sox can never be counted out...it ain't over til its over!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6154
boston will still lose. i bet LK is eating some crow.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3535
"boston will still lose. i bet LK is eating some crow."

x2 on both matters.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4523
1 more game tonight for my sox.

let's go lester baby see what you got

papelbon is the man btw lol chad loves him

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
I don't think LK is eating crow. I think he's laughing at those who said that.

This series is TIED up 3-3, after last nights Red Sox victory again.

ONLY people who are eating crow are those that make statements that LK and Sox fans are eating crow.

it ain't over til its over!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22575
congrats to the rays.

now the sox fans can put that saying "manny who" to rest. cause bay did nothing in the alcs. nothing! still hats off to the sox for putting up a great fight. i bet if manny was there they would of repeated.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22576
also boston's quest for becoming a dynasty is done. they will never be like the yankees.

Silver Member
Username: Stryvn

Wisconsin

Post Number: 890
It's Over

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
Well, it ain't over, cause Tampa Bay is still playing in the WS now against Philly..and don't under estimate Tampa!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18646
Rhythm seams to be on the Ray's side tonight.

So far.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3546
Hell of a season! Congrats to the Phillies and all their fans. Nice to see a great blue-collar sports city like Philadelphia win a title, especially after they had come up short with title contending teams in recent years.

Congrats to Tampa Bay as well! With all the youth and depth they have on that squad, plus the experience and accomplishment of this breakout season, they have a very bright future to look forward to.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18698
Let my son stay up to watch it. He loved it! I'm not a Philly fan but my son is a baseball fan so he loved watching the game.

It's been a long time coming for this city so by all means go and celebrate!!

I will be alone tomorrow at work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
Congrats to all Philly fans for your team, winning the World Series...and Tampa also, who has a bright future ...I agree exactly with Pitbull..

Baseball is a great game, no matter what team ya like..

Platinum Member

Yanks Fan USA

Post Number: 10559
"With all the youth and depth they have on that squad, plus the experience and accomplishment of this breakout season, they have a very bright future to look forward to"

.......future won't be too bright when they don't have the payroll to sign everyone to the contracts they want/deserve.

I assume the Phillies won last night? Lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18703
Parade at noon downtown. All the salesman and just about everyone else in my office will be there. Not me. It was fun to watch and I can see the thrill in going almost 30 years without winning a series then finally doing it though.

Before last night Philadelphia went 25 years without a championship of any kind and 28 years without one for the Phillies.

I'd say it was about time.

Looks like I'll be surfin' the net tomorrow at work lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 847
and you complain about state workers...LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us