Laptops

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2334
ok, i know its the wrong section, i can read.
but if you bothered to check i did post this in the laptop section of the computers and no has replied there, and i dont know anyone over there.

ok, so heres what i need, im going to college.. well after i graduate hs. but my bday is coming up and thats what im after.. uhm not real interested in MAC, money? not more than 1600. that might make dad a lil upset, so what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4550
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220366

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8526
Toshiba, top notch when it comes to laptops.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4552
I always recommend Toshiba laptops but this model year they are having all sorts of issues with the BIOS, bloatware, multiple trials of software installed (including Norton and MS Office), compatibility (blame Vista) and the CDROM. The top notch build quality is still there but I would wait until they hotfix all these issues before buying a Toshiba this year. Asus is doing everything right as of now.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2295
I agree, Brad.
Toshiba has not had too good of a year when it comes to laptops.

Right now, Gateway seems to be the top of the line in laptops. Me and 6 of my friends own all different models of gateway and every single one of them are still going strong.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8529
Well if I was buying a laptop now vista wouldn't be on it for long lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2335
is the hassle of vista worth buying a macbook?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2302
There is nothing wrong with Vista. It is just a new OS in its developing stages. I haven't had a problem with it at all and I do just about everything on my laptop.

If you don't like it, you can always reformat it and put XP on the laptop. Isn't hard at all.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6399
i got a dell vostro 1500 for like 1000 a year ago and its still a great pc for me, i dont do the gaming deal though.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18421
I have a HP laptop that works wonders for me. Granted it's not a workhorse and I use it maybe once a week? Knock on wood the last two HP laptops have worked great for me.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2782
I've never had a problem with Vista either. I like it a lot better than XP.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8533
The people who like vista are the ones who use mainstream hardware...... driver problems are the bulk of vistas problems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2306
"The people who like vista are the ones who use mainstream hardware...... driver problems are the bulk of vistas problems."

What do you consider "mainstream?"

I've compiled drivers from scratch in Linux. I've never really experienced a driver problem in vista for any machine I have put it on.

Gold Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 8537
Scanners, cameras, RAID cards, etc, lots of stuff made before vista doesn't have drivers.

That is why my rule of thumb with microsoft operating systems is wait one year from release before upgrade, by that time the hardware/software compatibility has usually been worked out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2311
Yeah, M.S. They had that problem in the first few months that Vista was out. Now all of that is fixed.

Vista picked up my acient HP printer right when I plugged it in. Also my old scanner from them.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4561

quote:

Yeah, M.S. They had that problem in the first few years that Vista was out. Now some of that is fixed.

Fixed it for ya.

Microshaft has been working on Codename Longhorn, now known as Vista, since early 2001. This was even before XP was released. So they knew all along there would be kernel and compatibility issues. They planned to release it in 2003 but there were so many problems and delays that the release was delayed until Jan. of 2007.

To say it is all fixed up and all (or even most) of the compatibility issues have been solved is a false statement. Currently only 2700 programs are certified to run correctly on Vista, and quite a few of those are Microsuck programs.

They will get it eventually, but it is not even close to over yet. The public opinion of Vista is so low that they made a series of commercials tricking consumers into looking at screens running Vista.

Steve Ballmer, Microshank CEO, said it best at a recent industry tradeshow:

"Windows Vista: A work in progress. [Laughter, applause.] A very important piece of work, and I think we did a lot of things right, and I think we have a lot of things we need to learn from. Certainly, you never want to let five years go between releases. Can we just sort of kiss that stone and move on? Because it turns out many things become problematic when you have those long release cycles. The design point, what you should be targeting. We can't ever let that happen again."

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 657
Get in chat you *********

Gold Member

Post Number: 2339
so mac? yay or nay?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4563
Nay, get that Asus I linked.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 2837
Im on a mac right now and if I could figure out how to use it I would love it. Its just so different from a PC I cant even figure out how to resize and rotate pics (like you would do in mspaint). My dad has a toshiba and I really like it. Its almost 2 years old and still runs great

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2649
just picked this up from my brother

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220215

i'll probably go Asus again if i am ever to get another laptop. funny thing is i picked it out for him, he couldn't afford it, and now i own it lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us