FOR CATHOLICS ONLY...or Obama supporters

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

CURRENTLY RUNNING NAGRA 3VIP DIAMOND ...

Post Number: 615
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/06/02/obamas-loyalty-to-liberation-theolo gy/

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
Obama's Loyalty to Liberation Theology
by Fr. Jonathan Morris

By Father Jonathan Morris
FOX News Religion Contributor

You would think Senator Obama's letter of resignation from Trinity United Church was a good move.
That is, unless you have read the letter. And from what I'm witnessing, it seems nobody has--or perhaps they have read it with only an eye for politics.

The left is cheering the senator's decision to leave the church as courageous. The right is questioning why it took so long.

But has anyone read the letter's content for what it says about Senator Obama, the man?

In one paragraph--in one line--in an otherwise official-sounding communiqué, Senator Obama gives us insight into what he really thinks about what's going on at Trinity. I consider it by far the most telling piece of information yet about whether his pastor problems have anything to do with his readiness to be the President of the United States of America.

But first, let's recall: When the original videos of Rev. Wright made their rounds, Senator Obama assured the press this was not the man he knows; it was out of context and an unjust caricature of a very good and learned person, his friend and spiritual guide. But Rev. Wright kept talking. He made his way to the National Press Club and spewed out more venom, including continued praise of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan and the communist Sandinista regime of Nicaragua; his theory that the U.S. government created the HIV virus to get rid of racial minorities; a demand for the U.S. government to apologize for slavery. Of most note, however, was his claim that the only reason Senator Obama had distanced himself from Rev. Wright was because he wants to get elected. "He didn't distance himself," Wright announced, "He had to distance himself, because he's a politician, from what the media was saying I had said, which was anti-American." You would think a spiritual mentor of twenty years would know the mind and heart of his disciple. Who knows?

In any case, Senator Obama was now forced to make a definitive break. Curiously, he broke only from Rev. Wright and maintained his membership in Trinity. He explained his decision by pointing to Rev. Wright's pending retirement and the new leadership of Rev. Otis Moss, whom he then identified as "a wonderful young pastor" whom he knew and trusted. -- Loyalty was what came to mind.

Then comes "Pastorgate II". A new video recording is released showing Roman Catholic priest, Michael Pfleger, giving a racist, sexist, crude and demeaning sermon, a stinging defense of Senator Obama against "white entitlement". It quickly came to light that Fr. Pfleger has been twice a major recipient of earmark funds from Senator Obama's political advocacy, and more importantly, he is another one of his longtime "spiritual guides" (Rev. Obama's own words). Was his relationship with Fr. Pfleger part of the "context" which Senator Obama said was needed in order to understand Rev. Wright's inflammatory words? Should we understand Senator Obama's religious convictions by looking at his other spiritual role models? In 2004 Senator Obama told The Chicago Sun-Times that Fr. Pfleger helped him "keep his moral compass straight."

For those of us who knew of Fr. Pfleger's long history of controversy in the South Side of Chicago, we're saddened, but not surprised by the show. He is a social activist inspired by liberation theology who for many years has watched his step closely so as not to break canon law (Church law) and thus give his local bishop legal grounds to remove him from ministry.

What was more surprising than the content of his sermon, however, was its locale and timing. The sermon was given at Trinity church last week and under the new leadership and at the explicit request of that "wonderful young pastor", Rev. Otis Moss.

Now, let's not be too quick to judge. We know sometimes guests say some unwelcome things. I was hoping this had been the case here. It wasn't.

At the end of Fr. Pfleger's despicable tirade, and to the sound of feral applause, Rev. Otis--Senator Obama's new pastor--had this to say: "we thank God for the message and we thank God for the messenger". If Senator Obama was waiting for good reason to resign his membership from Trinity, there it was, staring, yelling at us all.

Rev. Wright's replacement--a man whom Senator Obama knew well and praised for his leadership just weeks before--was acting like Rev. Wright and even inviting another one of Senator Obama's spiritual guides to come and act like Rev. Wright, too.

It all sounds so implausible. Could it be that a party's presidential nominee could get it so wrong, so many times?

But as I said, none of this history comes close to the importance of the content of Senator Obama's letter of resignation. As I said, one line in it was the single most telling piece of information yet about whether Senator Obama's pastor problems have anything to say about his readiness to be president.

In their letter Barack and Michelle Obama direct themselves to Rev. Otis Moss, the man who just one week before thanked God "for the message and the messenger": Fr. Michael Pfleger.

Their thoughts about the type of leadership the new pastor is giving? "We also have come to appreciate your ministry and both think you have been, and will be, a wonderful pastor for years to come."

I'll let others decide if Senator Obama's letter of resignation from Trinity was a good political move. To me, on a very different level, it spoke volumes.

God bless, Father Jonathan

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/06/02/obamas-loyalty-to-liberation-theolo gy/

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10660
FU$K Obama!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16909
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5976
x2 james

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10670
Paul please don't tell me you like this dou$he bag?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15823
I'm not crazy about Obama, but IMO, he's alot better than McCain and another 4 years of the same crap as George W...I can't stand to see another US troop killed in Iraq, and our economy slip any further, and the US lose more respect in the world, which is what George W has done, and McCain will continue to do..

I'm hoping Hillary Clinton is the VP, and Bill Clinton will be influential and helpful to Obama..and amongst them, stop this insane war for nothing, and bring respect and honesty to the Oval office and the US, along with turning our economy around...and hopefully bring about socialized medicine (just like Canada), and an end to the HUGE profits of the insurance companies and oil industries...

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15824
BTW Tiger...I don't care if Obama is a Martian practicing Buddism wearing poked dotted fruit of the looms, while chanting for 12 more wives...

His religious beliefs are NOT a POLITICAL issue!...This is America, not the Middle East...we don't elect leaders here based on their religious beliefs....if ya want that, then maybe U should visit and become a citizen in the Middle east...there are plenty of opportunities for religious fanatics in political office there!

BTW, I'm Irish Catholic, and religion is the last thing needed to be thrown on the political plate....the political plate is already full NOW with enough more important issues...next u will want to throw your golf handicap into this political equation!...get real and stay on tune with reality and the real issues!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16980
"Paul please don't tell me you like this dou$he bag?"

What on Earth leads you to believe I support that clown lol?

Yeah, he's all for America right? NOT!!!!

Upload

He doesn't even respect it, why vote for him to run it?????

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10671
"He doesn't even respect it, why vote for him to run it?????"

Very nicely said! couldnt agree more!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5994
obama can go to hell. and actually probably will.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16981
And LK, I too am Catholic and have Irish in my blood. I don't think anyone should suppress somebody's religion. Worship a cow for all I care. It just seems to me that this country is at its' strongest when we aren't being torn apart from the inside. IMO that is what will happen if he's elected. It's the beginning of the end.

I don't trust him. I won't vote for him. Come November we'll see what the consensus decides.

Anyone may be better than Bush, but Obama is not the answer. There are too many hate groups in this "free land" of ours that will prevent him from serving anyway. The SS better gear up if they are going to have to deal with that issue.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16987
C/P from Paul in the sat section.

Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Mc Cain were flying to a debate.

Barack looked at Hillary, Chuckled and said, 'You know I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy.'

Hillary shrugged her shoulders and replied, 'I could throw ten $100 bills out of the window and make ten people very happy.'

John added, 'That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy.'

Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his copilot, 'Such big-shots back there. I could throw all three of them out of the window and make 156 million people very happy.'

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 187
LK, that's a very good post. The ONLY one on here so far that makes any type of common sense.

Obama was definitely NOT my choice but ANYTHING is better than a$$wipe Bush.

It's too bad SOME people can't look past race. Those are the same people that have no life, no pu$$y/sex/wife/girlfriend and were brought up ignorant.

This is 2008 and.....................

CHANGE IS COMING WHETHER THE PU$$IES LIKE IT OR NOT.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6281
haha race aside obama is still a peice of sh;t that shouldnt have came as far as he has.

Silver Member
Username: Eldog

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 189
^

Example !

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6283
yeah mike you make a pretty prime example yourself.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2291
­
X3 LK

My suggestion is that you adolescent Obama haters join the army and pull a few tours in Iraq fighting
W/Darth Cheney/Grumpy McCain's war.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7812
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17196
"My suggestion is that you adolescent Obama haters join the army and pull a few tours in Iraq fighting
W/Darth Cheney/Grumpy McCain's war."

From my chair here I can't remember Obama serving either.

From an online forum:

"obama was born in Hawaii, to obama sr. and a white mother named ann dunham, an atheist from Kansas, at 2 his parents divorced, his mom married lolo soetoro, a radical muslim from Indonesia, obama attended a muslim school in jakarta, and 2 yrs. in a catholic school. obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is muslim. he points out that he once was a muslim, his Step4p father introduced him to wahabism, its the radical teachings by the muslim terrorists. like the one's waging jihad against the western world. and since it is politically expedient to be a christian when seeking major public office in the US, obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to down play his muslim background, when he was sworn into office he did not use a Bible, but instead the koran, and obama turns his back to our flag,".....

"the muslims have said they plan to destroy the USA from the inside out and what better way then to do it through the presidency, WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE ITS TOO LATE would you want this man to run our country?? not I"

Just my opinion, and my vote, I don't trust him.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1240
"My suggestion is that you adolescent Obama haters join the army and pull a few tours in Iraq fighting
W/Darth Cheney/Grumpy McCain's war."

It should be noted that at least McCain puts his money where his mouth is, or in this case his son, who served in Iraq. Moreover, if anyone knows about the bitter realities of war, it is a veteran like McCain.

Of course, regardless of what you think about our original motives for going to war, I can't imagine how we can, from a moral standpoint as well as a strategic standpoint, pull out of Iraq at this juncture. Then again, its much nicer to talk about bringing the boys home than talking about the consequences of bringing the boys home.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7815
^^^^ well said

Even though I don't agree with Mccain on everything I like his attitude of saying what he really thinks even it it's not popular at the time, or what the party wants......

Bronze Member
Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 80
at least Obama would NEVER be OKAY with torture...

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1244
"at least Obama would NEVER be OKAY with torture..."

Of course McCain takes a pretty dim view on it, given that you know...he was actually tortured for years on end.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 83
yea i know.. im just sick of republicans lately. the crap they have gotten away with the past 7 years is f!ckin rediculous. it makes sense that the rest of the world hates us...

and im not too worried about mccain, i'm worried about his ability to appoint. Bush is bad, but the people hes appointed are MUCH worse.

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1245
"Bush is bad, but the people hes appointed are MUCH worse."

Got examples? I haven't seen too many Supreme Court decisions I've taken exception to recently with Alito and Roberts on the court. There was one yesterday that got my attention though about banning the death penalty for cases of child r@pe... I sided with the conservatives of the court on that one though.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 85
rumsfeld-torture
cheney-haliburton

just a couple off the top of my head, but rice hasn't been great and powel didn't do so hot either.

i'm just ready for change... i see this country slipping away if mccain gets elected, in which case i worry much more for the next generation.

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1248
Ahh those appointments. You never know...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7823
Ready for change huh? From bad to worse if obama wins. If your middle class, which in the democrats view seems to be anyone who works for a living and doesnt live in poverty, get ready to open your wallet big time to give free healthcare to jobless lowlifes living on welfare.......

Obama and his party just love to talk about all these great things they're going to do. But they never talk about how they're going to get paid for. Poor people have no income to tax, the rich have enough to get around the tax system and hide their money in the carrebian. Who does that leave? Regular working people.

And as far as I'm concerned, freeloaders who don't work don't deserve one damn cent of what I earn 9-5.

(well 8-4 actually) :-)

Then there's our disaster of an energy situation we're in. We've got tons of oil on on own turf, off shore and in anwr. We haven't built an oil refinery or nuclear power plant in decades. All of these things which could give us cheap energy for a very long time. So we've got Obama on record as opposing all of these things and Mccain on record as supporting them. IDK about you but the liberals answer of "conservation" doesn't fly with me. I like my truck and don't want a f@cking prius.

/rant

Gold Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1250
"Poor people have no income to tax, the rich have enough to get around the tax system and hide their money in the carrebian. Who does that leave? Regular working people. "

To expand on that a little: Obama thinks by the simple act of raising taxes on businesses and the rich that he will get more money for the government, and this will all have no effect upon the rest of us. News flash: if you raise taxes on a business, they in turn raise the prices on their services. Eventually that all filters its way back down to peons like you and me. If we raise taxes on the high income folks, they simply demand more money to compensate for that. There is no such thing as a freebie.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17232
Just like oil prices. THAT affects the whole shabang. Anything that is transported by a combustion engine is going to rise in cost. EVERYTHING. The oil companies are doing what they will because RIGHT now we're not ready to live without them. When we hone in on our next fuel source/alternative energy things will ease up. We have the technology just not the funding. Also, when the politicians find a way to line their pockets things will change also.

I keep wondering why I don't see more solar panels or wind turbines. I guess corruption hasn't found its' way into that yet.

Yet.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4184
Democratic Barack Obama vice presidential hopeful Bill Richardson, accepted cash from Texas oil tycoon Oscar S. Wyatt Jr. and his wife, Lynn. The federal government accused the Texas oilman of paying millions of dollars in kickbacks to Saddam Hussein.

Wyatt was indicted in 2005 on charges related to illegal payments for oil contracts from the Hussein-led Iraqi government under the United Nations' oil-for-food program, set up by the Clinton administration. And since then, the Wyatts have found willing recipients for nearly $22,000 in political donations.

After inquiries from Politico, Richardson and Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg (D-N.J.) said they would donate the Wyatts' contributions to charity and return them, respectively, while other recipients are awaiting the outcome of Wyatt's trial that started this month in New York.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us