George Carlin dead at 71

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3948
LOS ANGELES - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital Sunday, a spokesman said. He was was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PT after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his "Filthy Words" routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25322638/

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4168
Wow, that sucks big time. Probably the best and most influential comedian of all time and my favorite.
The guy was brilliant and one of a kind. The memory he had in his long skits was simply amazing

R.I.P. George

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1374
one of my favorite legands along with rodney dangerfield. what sad weekend.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1445
As soon as I heard about it I put one of his CD's on. He was the best and will be missed. R.I.P. George.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17159
Saw his show in AC last year. He was referring to his notes more and more throughout his skit but was still amazing to watch. I too have old tapes of his routines. Shocking and sad.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13949
know rodney but never even heard of this guy .....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6287
i heard about this today it sucks he was funny as hell

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1113
Now he has a new place to keep his stuff, but they better make sure no angels have their sh!t in the way...lol
If you know his "a place for your stuff" routine , you'll get that, if not...look it up on youtube.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us