Aftermarket accessories

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2245
well, im thinking about adding a cold air intake to my 08 f150. its just the base 5.4 L, so im gonna add some extra horses. im looking at cold air intake, a new total borla exhaust system. and possible a tuner chip(assuming it doesnt void the warranty).. anyone else have any suggestions??

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15565
Depends on the amount of money you are willing to spend. Horses cost money and purebred horses cannot be found in bolt-ons:-)

Have you thought about nitrous systems?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2246
nitrous is outta the question forsure. im just looking for bolt on, cause its a pickup. i can spend whatever. im not paying :-) my dad is.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15567
^^^That's always nice:-)

You can always upgrade your ignition system . Magnecore wires, Crane Hi-6, Mallory or MSD ignitions should do the trick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2248
sweet. ill look into. thanks berny

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15570
No worries...I'm sure there will be others with more ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 883
Berny is right, big power gains won't come in bolt on form. but for starters:

-Air Intake, if dads paying make sure it's not a knock off.. lol.

-Exhaust system - this includes headers, not just cat back. i would tell you to cut out the cats and free up a little more, but that would void warranty i'm sure. get some high flow cats with borla and you're set.

-Performance Programmer - don't just get some ebay performance chip.. do your truck right and get a performance programmer. look for one from Edge Evolution. they make a great programmer for the F150

-ignition system - bernys got his head in the right spot.. any of those he mentioned would do the trick.

Throttle Body - BBK makes a nice Throttle Body for your truck

if you really want any more hp than that youre going to get in to voiding warranty territory.. and it's not like that harley truck is at a lack of hp in the first place

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2649
I think there are bolt on super chargers :-)(basically)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15578
and there are also bolt-on turbochargers. Now we are talking expensive horses :-) Modifications like these would now require you to strengthen internal parts for them to work right. You would need to modify other things as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2249
i called a shop today, and they quoted me 299 for a k&n cold air. im def gonna do total exhaust. and ill look into those chips.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 885
If that is 299 installed that's a pretty damn good deal. Even if it's not, they usually range from ~$350 to ~$225 and $299 isn't a bad price for being able to go pick it up local and not have to deal with shipping.

but definatley check out the Edge Evolution Programmer. They go on ebay for about ~$300. For the about the same price you're going to only see a 10hp gain with that intake whereas you can probably get 25hp and even more tourque with that programmer.

But with the combo of the intake, exhaust, and programmer you will see some decent horsepower increases. that will be one mean truck.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1027
isn't this the harley davidson truck? is it really so doggy u need more power? isn't it a 496? i'd kind of doubt you woulf need to do much to make it come alive, i think you setuo your exaust and intake maybe throw a power programer on it and u should be able to cook the tires in no time. then again dpends on how willing you are to destroy something that's pretty damn nice.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15465
Not to mention any warranty issues that come with aftermarket performance upgrades like you noted in your opening statement.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2250
yes its the harley, but i have no idea where you got 496 from. its just the base 5.4 liter 330cu in. v8. no supercharger or anything. just looking for a few extra horses so it will still run like a champ with my new 28 ft cobalt trakin behind it ;)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15595
Honestly, it will still run like a champ without all the bolt-ons.

Take the money and put it on something else...like the sound system :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2251
i wish i could put a system in it. my dad wont let me. that was one of the agreements. he said he would buy it if i kept a stereo out of it, and i have too.. so thats outta the question lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15597
Oh yeah, I remember those conditions.

Well, if it was mine and seeing that it is the 105th Anniversary HD issue, I would keep it stock. Something like that, you leave it alone, just because of the intrinsic value in itself.

I tend to look into the future and keeping it stock preserves its value a lot more specially for the collector mentality.

Take the money and get all the optional Ford Factory accessories dealing with the particular edition of the truck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
true that berny. i think your right on this one. ill tint the windows and leave her alone. maybe a chip since i can restore factory setting lol. but ill get some pics up once i get the tent done.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15600
If you have the inclination, go back to the dealer where you purchased the truck and get an original brochure and all other publications depicting the HD Ford. Seal in an acid free bag and store it.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1029
the 496 i might of got confused on after al i was asking if it had one. cause my co worker had same style non hd and got a 496 in it , i roughly remember that he might have did it himself though. as stated u really shouldn't mess with special editions. its like taking a corvette pace car and adding hood scoops blowers and all that crap to it. your just better off getting something else to beat up then a show truck like yours.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2658
uts already a hhd editino, why fck with ut/. I don't understadn people sometiems.....sorry

Gold Member

Post Number: 2254
my dad actually bought it from himself, when he was still a ford dealer.. lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us